PDA

View Full Version : The Saracens - Unit List

caius britannicus
02-11-2006, 16:06
The saracens will work in much the same way as the Crusaders. Just as the Latin Kingdom (Kingdom of Jerusalem) supplied the core of the crusader units the Ayyubid Dynasty will supply the core units for the Saracens. The saracens will also able to recieve "re-enforcements" like the crusaders from areas such as the Arabian peninsula or the Seljuk Turks. Also recruitable are Syrians, Nubians, Sudanese and Kurds making for a varied and diverse unit list with an emphasis on cavalry. As a crusader you will have to rely on your knights to hold the Saracen cavalry so your powerful infantry can close in and surround them. As the Saracens you will have to use your cavalry to out maneuver the crusading knights and infantry and bring the fight to the crusader foot soldiers quickly. Once they are out of the picture the knights of europe will not be able to withstand your great numbers!

The Saracens

The Ayyubid Dynasty

Ayybubid Cavalry:
Sibyan al Rikab
Ayyubid Royal Cavalry
Mamluk Abtal Askars
Mamluk Junior Askars
Tawashi cavalry
Ghulam Cavalry
Sudanese Cavalry
Jaridah cavalry / Ayyubid light cavalry

Ayyubid Infantry:
Naffatin fire throwers
Mamluk foot Askars
Black Guard of the Fatimid Caliphate
Daylamite Infantry
Ayyubid Infantry
Thaqlah Infantry
Nubian Infantry
Sudan Tribesmen
Sudanese Javlinmen
Ayyubid Crossbowmen
Ahdath Militia
Jarwajaraya light infantry
Peasant Levies

Arabian Units:
Kinanah Noble Cavalry
Arabian Lancers
Desert Cavalry
Horse Archers
Arab Tribesmen
Bedouin Infantry
Arab Archers

Syrians:

Kurdish Ghulams
Kurdish Tribesmen
Kumah Cavalry
Nizaris
Hashishin
Syrian Heavy Infantry
Ghazi Infantry
Jund Militia
Syrian Archers

Turks:
Turkish Ghulams
Oghuz Horsemen
Turcoman Horse Archers
Turcoman Infantry
Anatolian Infantry
Ghuzz Tribesmen

beauchamp
02-11-2006, 23:03
Awsome! Am I to belive that the Abbuyids are one and the same with the Abbasids?

beauchamp
02-12-2006, 23:12
Oh S***, im really stupid! :embarassed: I just realized who the Ayyubids were, ahahaha.
:oops:

Still, im really anticipating this mod. I don't see enough of Islamic/Persian/Indians represented in mods, which is strange because their units are awsome!

Martimus
02-21-2006, 07:39
Agreed. I love the exotic look of the Eastern soldiers, or the Moors and Saracens.

almazor
04-25-2006, 13:04
no faction list?i didn't find
danishmends,fatimids,abassids(or seljuks),seljuks of rum's and atabeg of damacus.

Simmons
04-28-2006, 11:07
no faction list?i didn't find
danishmends,fatimids,abassids(or seljuks),seljuks of rum's and atabeg of damacus.
There are only two factions no seperate "nations"

Manslaughter the Great
07-22-2006, 07:05
Heck I can't wait for this mod! Can't wait for the Beta either. When this comes out it'll make my day. Heck it'll make my month.