PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Total Realism to Europa Barborum

PHTrojan08
02-13-2006, 17:42
To do this, can I just DL and install EB, is there something I have to delete, or will I have to completely Uninstall and Reinstall Rome: Total War

Any :help: is appreciated.

LordElrond
02-13-2006, 18:04
In order to have EB work properly, you must install it a a 1.2 patched game. You cannot install it over other mods, it has to be on a clean install of RTW and on the 1.2 patch. If you have trouble finding the patch, it is on the EB website. Hope this helps.

PHTrojan08
02-13-2006, 18:07
Yeah, that's good. It took some creative help from the guys at the RTR forum to even get RTR on my computer...my game was 1.5 out of the box...had to D-Patch to 1.2 using the ZIP. Well, I'm home sick from school, so, I'll make this my project for the day.

I'm just glad I don't have History or Philosophy this semester. Oh how I hate missing those.

TY, you've been most helpful.

econ21
02-13-2006, 18:11
If your computer has the space, I would recommend THREE copies of RTW. Install one and patch (d-patch in your case) to 1.2. Then copy one for RTR and one for EB. Upgrade the original to 1.5. That's what I've done. I use the original for BI. I switch between RTR and EB according to mood.

PHTrojan08
02-13-2006, 19:25
When I try to run EB it says

Generic Error:

Cannot read: data/descr_battle_map_lighting_and_foc_control.txt

LordElrond
02-13-2006, 20:13
Thats sounds like the result of a corrupt install. Sorry, I know its a pain but you will probably have to try download/install it again. If you do reinstall try to resist from running other programs or applications while it installs/downloads (Actually, I'm not sure if the install is the thing thats corrupted or if its the download. Could someone else verify which it is?).

PHTrojan08
02-13-2006, 20:52
Ok, I re-installed and downloaded everything. Now, when I click on the Europa Barbarorum shortcut, the RTW title screen shows, and the computer kicks up acting like it will open the program, but then, nothing happens.

GAH!

The De-Patch from 1.5 to 1.2 was done correctly, and it said Euorpa Barbarorum installed, but now it doesn't go anywhere.

:help: