PDA

View Full Version : Pontic fleet!???

PseRamesses
02-16-2006, 14:51
I´m stunned to see that Pontos has a fleet. With no port you´ve got to take Sinope just to disband it. This can´t be right guys! What was your intentions with giving them a fleet? Remove it!
Pontos has serious economical problems right off the bat. I went blitzing and took Sinope in 272bc then I was down 11.700m. Took Trapezous in 271bc and my balance was then 10.900m. In 270bc Ani-Kamah fell and I´m down 13.000m!!!!! Without building any more troops except spending the initial funds on buildings in Amaseia. Ok, I DO like a challange. But in this case you don´t give the player any choice than to blitz away. That ship is drowning my treasury with an upkeep of 1.500m/ turn. However in 268bc my finacial situation is getting better and I´m back in the black. The ship was disbanded on the third turn and I also disbanded all cavs after Ani-Kamah since I gott some 3-4 generals initially.

Baldrick
02-16-2006, 14:56
Find the pirate fleet in the same area that tends to get rid of your fleet pretty damn quick.

Spendios
02-16-2006, 15:50
After you take Sinope you should disband the fleet, all your cavalry and most of your infantry. If you put high tax rates you should begin to have positive cash-flows in just a few years, this will allow you to build roads, ports and so on...

Teleklos Archelaou
02-16-2006, 16:59
It's gone in our current internal testing build. Don't worry. :grin:

I used to either send it into the Aegean to get smashed by the KH or pirate ships (or if it comes out with a star and just a few ships left in it, I will bring it back since it's cheaper to keep after a couple of battles and I can do small blockades in the black sea if I like), or I just do like Spendios said.

PseRamesses
02-17-2006, 11:33
I know guys. What I´m bitchin´about is that I´m stuck with a unit that I don´t want or need for any purpose. I don´t mind having a tough start and a bad economy as long as I can take mesures to do something about it. In this situation you´ll loose 4500m. in three turns (2 if your spy opens the gate) until you can disband the fleet in Sinopes port. I´m happy that TA has removed the fleet for the next version. Thanks!

Spartiate
02-24-2006, 21:55
I disband my fleets with every faction i have played with thus far with the exception of Carthage.Even with them i kept only one fleet which is now quite tough having survived numerous scapes with the damn rebel fleets.Its main purpose is shipping armies over to Sicily to sack cities and then bringing them back to Carthage to retrain.Then they attack the local rebels and then hop back on the ship to go back to Sicily.So far this is the only faction that i find it necessary to maintain a fleet for as i cannot afford 2 large armies yet.

PseRamesses
02-25-2006, 12:08
...and I forgot to mention that Arverni has the same problem, a fleet but no port! Usually I attack the Romani fleet in port on the first turn so if I´m lucky I loose and they sink it. Get rid off theese useless units for the patch please!

O'ETAIPOS
02-25-2006, 15:12
Teleklos already stated that those are gone ~:)