PDA

View Full Version : Cannot control slave?

Azurain
02-16-2006, 19:17
Hello,

I've been having ctds with assorted factions during the slave turn, but cannot manage to switch control to the slaves in order to bracket them. Using the techniques described in the stickies, I can control any other faction just fine, but as soon as it's 'slave' instead of 'thrace' or another playable faction, simply nothing happens; I execute the script and my player remains the same. I've tried a number of times, to no avail. I know exactly where the ctd is taking place (using perfect spy and no fog of war) during the slave turn, but can't take them over to figure out what is causing it.

Perhaps they simply cannot be controlled? But I've heard others suggest taking them over at times... *shrugs*

It should read: "console_command control slave" (minus the quotes) correct?

Any help would be appreciated, as this is the only type of ctd I've encountered which I can do nothing about, and it tends to crop up about ten years into any game I play. If 'slave' cannot be controlled, this should perhaps be noted in the playtesting guide?

Cronos Impera
02-16-2006, 19:32
Try picking eleutheroi at the start of the Imperial Campaign. It worked for me.

Malrubius
02-16-2006, 20:04
He's trying to fix a broken campaign, not give up and restart another one.~:rolleyes:

console_command control slave should work. Here's an example:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=994102&postcount=5

I don't know why it wouldn't be working, if it works for thrace. Simply replacing 'thrace' with 'slave', restarting RTW, and running the show_me script by clicking a settlement should be enough.

LorDBulA
02-16-2006, 20:44
Maybe by mistake you put this command in if condition or inside monitor?

Azurain
02-17-2006, 05:37
The command works perfectly fine if it's any faction but 'slave'. Hmm. Can anyone who's taken control of the eleutheroi at some point using 'control slave' leave a message so I can at least know for sure it's possible?

... Sigh. Maybe I'll reinstall EB, see if that helps. Or see if I can switch to eleutheroi in a game that's not about to ctd on their turn, perhaps.