PDA

View Full Version : Three Questions On Seasons:

Megalos
02-17-2006, 20:08
How did the EB team implement the seasons?

Was it your creation or somebody elses?

What files do I need to look at to change seasons?

Thanks in advance

Mega

Simmons
02-18-2006, 03:32
As far as I know the seasons are just 3 summers and a winter its the traits that make them different.

Malrubius
02-18-2006, 09:20
How did the EB team implement the seasons?

Was it your creation or somebody elses?

What files do I need to look at to change seasons?

Thanks in advance

Mega

A background script developed by Myrdraal (and incorporated in our background script) gives us 4 turns per year (3 RTW summers, and 1 RTW winter). I'm not sure exactly where it is, but the RTW Modification sub-forum (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=72) would be a good place to look. This script is what causes us to have 1 of every four seasons on the campaign map depicted with snow, among other effects. There are versions that give 12 turns a year, and it can be modified to give any number of turns you want.

On top of that, the Data\export_descr_character_traits.txt file contains the implementation of seasons that concerns the generals and admirals. This affects movement of armies and ships in summer and winter, the Olympics, Senate elections, the health of generals, and other things.

The scripting and trait triggers implementing our seasons represent a huge chunk of code and shouldn't be too hard to find if you do a search for "season" in the relevant files.

Note that the traits and scripts involving seasons are interrelated and tied into the campaign in numerous ways, so modifying EB's implementation of one or both will have wide-ranging affects on your campaigns. I wouldn't recommend it.

toxicseagull
03-12-2006, 17:37
how does the player turn off and on the background script? ive seen it mentioned but ive been digging around some files were i would think it to be but it is not there?

Malrubius
03-13-2006, 00:08
This walkthrough explains it (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58719)