PDA

View Full Version : Raiding and pillaging, and army morale

Mooks
02-18-2006, 00:28
Back in medieval ages (or any other age) the main object of going to war was for plunder. Or if your going to take land the first step is pillaging and ravaging the country before the main army (and seige train) comes in. I think you should be able to set groups of units to "pillage", you can spread your troops for the maximun effect. Pillaging will also raise your army morale..

Army morale should be implemented, if you lost many battles then desertions could happen. Your army could mutiny (though I dont know what they would do then. Maybe turn into rebels?). Anyway this idea may need to be tweaked.

Back on pillaging. If you set your army to pilliging and you get attacked then it should be -1 command. Pillaging or looting will increase give you a small suplus of cash and lessen your enemys income. As will as lowering the enemy's province morale (Since the villagers feel theyre goverment is useless, they're rebel).

Anyways thats my idea...And if this is added then another thing will have to be fixed. Dont give the AI unlimited cash for harder difficultys. That is so annoying, ruins the game.