PDA

View Full Version : Starting Date Mod?

Alexander the Pretty Good
02-18-2006, 18:06
Reading the literature available on MTW2 so far suggests that there will only be one main campaign, stretching from 1080 to 1530. According to the latest info (Gamespot Q&A (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/medieval2totalwar/news.html?sid=6144512)) there will be about 225 turns in a grand campaign. That is roughly 2 years per turn, although the Q&A discussed MTW2 disconnecting turns with an actual time. It is unknown how this will work.

I know it is hasty to bring this up, but is there an interest in a "Starting Date" mod for MTW2? One that creates a number of "provisional campaigns" like in RTW (assuming something like that will be available) so that a player can choose a start date like in MTW.

I guess I would lead such a project if no one else has an interest. Until a release of MTW2 it would be almost all research.

Goals/Features

2 or more additional start dates after 1080
Create historically accurate starting points within the bounds of vanilla MTW2
Allow user to play vanilla MTW2 campaign(s) without having to do any back-ups if possible

In the event that there are multiple campaigns with later start dates as part of MTW2, this project would become more of a realism mod, with "better" historical starting points and situations, much in the same way that Europa Barbarorum strives for a historical start date for their campaign.

If separate campaigns are not possible to mod in MTW2, then the project would avail itself to historical total conversions, offering historical input and advice as well as any modding expertise available.

I have almost non-existent modding skills and am just asking if anyone would be interested in starting what would first and foremost be a research project. Since the release of MTW2 is so far off, the only things this project will do is decide what will be done and then research towards that.

Preliminary road-map

Decide Start Dates
[-]Research Start
[-]Debate
Decide Factions
[-]Research
Decide Campaign starting situation

GiantMonkeyMan
02-19-2006, 23:01
yeh... i would love this
i was hoping the same would be done with rome but i was too inexperienced at the time to do anything about it :inquisitive: i will help with coding but i don't really have a clue about research (apart from what i learn from the actual game which used to make me think that Germans used to have women with meat cleavers :laugh4: )

sapi
02-20-2006, 08:45
yeh... i would love this
i was hoping the same would be done with rome but i was too inexperienced at the time to do anything about it :inquisitive: i will help with coding but i don't really have a clue about research (apart from what i learn from the actual game which used to make me think that Germans used to have women with meat cleavers :laugh4: )
rofl playing games is often the extent of my research too :laugh4: