PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to fight the Sweboz, crash every battle.

the_handsome_viking
02-20-2006, 15:27
Ok, I've been fighting the Sweboz for quite some time now, and things have been going quite well, I captured one of their cities in retaliation for them attacking my city, and forced them to pay a lot of money to get it back, I got them to pay even more money to get peace between the Casse and themselves, but heres the problem.

They attacked me again, I decided to go and recapture that city, however, everytime I fight a Sweboz army that has a general, the game crashes, why is this?

This literally has happened for every battle that involves a sweboz general, the game just crashes.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

It's actually quite annoying and has literally ruined my hame, the Sweboz are currently attacking me with lots of armies, and I can't defend myself now because the game crashes every time they attack.

I suppose I'll just have to retreat to Britain, and wait for the Romans to do what they do best...Oh wait.... the Germanic tribes ended up beating the Romans......AHHH!!!

O'ETAIPOS
02-20-2006, 16:52
There is some problem with heavy cav (Briyherin?) - it seems it has texture missing for Sweboz. Maybe this is a problem?

the_handsome_viking
02-20-2006, 18:33
I just tried a battle between the Romans and the Casse, and I got a battle crash.

It appears I get repeated battle crashes now.

I think it might have something to do with the new animations.

I seriously hope its not a problem with my computer, that would totally suck.

Anyway, sorry for wasting everyones time, I've really got no idea why this is happening.

Is anyone else having weird repeated battle crash problems?

SpawnOfEbil
02-20-2006, 19:13
Only if I try to do a historical or quick battle.

Kull
02-20-2006, 19:17
For what it's worth, I tested the new v.73 as Sweboz and played all the way down to 258 BC with just a single CTD. That one DID occur during a battle, but I replayed it twice and was unable to recreate the CTD (which is a good thing). Anyway, in addition to the enhancements, the new version is a LOT more stable (i also played as ptolemaioi and had ZERO CTDs throughout the entire campaign)

Joeokar
02-22-2006, 01:48
For what it's worth, I tested the new v.73 as Sweboz and played all the way down to 258 BC with just a single CTD. That one DID occur during a battle, but I replayed it twice and was unable to recreate the CTD (which is a good thing). Anyway, in addition to the enhancements, the new version is a LOT more stable (i also played as ptolemaioi and had ZERO CTDs throughout the entire campaign)
nice to know

the_handsome_viking
02-25-2006, 15:44
I fixed it by uninstalling the animations pack.