PDA

View Full Version : Who's in the house?

Franconicus
02-21-2006, 09:12
Please state:

Kagemusha
02-21-2006, 12:06
I love to play these but not to make these.I simply dont have time left from modding and other activities.~;)

Franconicus
02-21-2006, 13:15
I did one. I wonder if I will start another. Only if I find a very promising topic. I have an idea, but probably it will not fit into an interactive. I thought about writing a story for the mead hall.
I started reading Lady Frogg's story.:book: It is increadible and demoralizing. :sweatdrop: Perhaps a Barbarian like me should not intrude this temple of poets.:shame:

I like the different appearances of the Interactives: Writer vs. org, roleplay, forum vs. forum. Especially the role play started very promising. Hope it will go on some day.

Uesugi Kenshin
02-21-2006, 15:13
I love to play along and can't wait to see how our navy fares against the Tommies in the long run, but if I tried to make one..........:no:

master of the puppets
02-21-2006, 16:55
i've never paricipated in one but would like too, if there is a good one going on now. also i've got a very good plot for one, it was actually going to be a story but mabey it can be used as an interactive.

Ludens
02-21-2006, 17:04
I did one. I wonder if I will start another. Only if I find a very promising topic. I have an idea, but probably it will not fit into an interactive. I thought about writing a story for the mead hall.
I started reading Lady Frogg's story.:book: It is increadible and demoralizing. :sweatdrop: Perhaps a Barbarian like me should not intrude this temple of poets.:shame:
Well, I, for one, would like to see you write a real story. Don't let the Frog stop you. I confess I also sometimes feel intimidated when reading her work, but it is not as if it makes all other stories redundant. There are many stories in the Mead Hall, and very few of them come near frogbeastegg's in quality.

Sjakihata
02-21-2006, 17:29
Im clueless as to what this thread is about.

Franconicus
02-22-2006, 09:25
Well, I, for one, would like to see you write a real story. Don't let the Frog stop you. I confess I also sometimes feel intimidated when reading her work, but it is not as if it makes all other stories redundant. There are many stories in the Mead Hall, and very few of them come near frogbeastegg's in quality.
O.K., I will try! See you at the Mead Hall:medievalcheers:

Im clueless as to what this thread is about.
You know this new genre Kraxis created. It is getting so popular that we have a directory for it now. I just want to know who is (actively or passivly) taking part and what are the new programs that will come soon.

King Kurt
02-22-2006, 11:03
I really enjoy the interactives finding them stimulating as a forum for debate on historical matters, but mainly I enjoy them as they are just excellent games. In particular, currently I am enjoying the WW1 naval one. In recreating this campaign, in many ways, the most enjoyable part is the strategic analysis and planing. Once the fleets are joined the result is not in the balance, as the person with the best strategy has the upper hand. In my days of recreating the battles with models, ruler and dice, the games were a bit of a slog with few tactical decisions to make, so the current thread provides all the challenge and excitment with none of the drudgery.

As I have stated, I am gathering information to run an interactive on the battle of Midway. I would hope to run it after the current naval thread has finished.

Can I add a final note of praise - I find the story telling/ writing in this area to be excellent - the narrative is exciting, flows well and is always full of tension. As I assume that ,for several of the participants, this has been written in a second language, this is a major achievement - so well done!!:2thumbsup:

AntiochusIII
02-23-2006, 05:13
Me, in da house, serving but not leading. Fighting for the Chapter House. :2thumbsup:

I'd like to do one one day but I will not step in unless I know for sure I will be able to handle the responsibility. It will not be nice of me at all to create a hackjob dialogue, gets long "loading time," or simply stops because I could not find a proper time...or train myself to a proper skill worthy of Interactive History. For these kind of writings are harder than stories: you have to be engaging throughout, and yet you must leave options open for your audiences; then you must worry about the size of it all, and the progression must be ordered beneath the surface to prevent mindless rampaging with no end in sight. It is indeed challenging.

I find the variety going on right now interesting: the evolution does not seem to lead to "Survival of the Fittest" but of diversity. Kraxis pioneered all the work, and is still the master; Vykke began the first non-Kraxis one, and it was awesome with its own quality -- sadly it never got finished -- and then King Henry's...then it all explodes. ~;)

What impresses me most, moreover, is Kraxis' ones. You see, I was never a fan of World War II fighting, nor was I a naval enthusiast, but his narrative captivates us ignorant apes into battle with just enough knowledge transferred to get the big picture and "play right" and not too much that it becomes a historical article.

Franconicus
02-23-2006, 15:26
What impresses me most, moreover, is Kraxis' ones. You see, I was never a fan of World War II fighting, nor was I a naval enthusiast, but his narrative captivates us ignorant apes into battle with just enough knowledge transferred to get the big picture and "play right" and not too much that it becomes a historical article.
You are right. Kraxis combines the warrior and the poet, like Volker in the Nibelung.

Maybe we should have teams of historians and poets to work on the stories.

Kraxis
02-24-2006, 13:32
Wow... Thanks guys! Who can but love you when you say such of me.:bow:

In fact I was a little afraid I was lacking in the 'poet' department, after all I'm a technocrat, I love specs and to talk about them, the more the better. But that tends to be quite boring for other people.
I have tried to give my characters a life, not much, but enough to make them 'real'. I seems that I have had some success with it. But I still feel quite limited in that department, and that others are better, particualrly Vykke was good at making the people 'real'.

Uesugi Kenshin
02-24-2006, 22:20
Kraxis don't worry about it the specs are what matter and you include enough description for me to imagine the battles and their aftermaths.

BTW I think the last chapter of Interact Hist V was really good, I could imagine the Kaiser turning at the sight of the English ships strewn with dead and the casualties on Baden.