PDA

View Full Version : Bad news from Bwian

Bwian
02-22-2006, 21:54
This is a post I was hoping I was not going to have to make...but it is unavoidable.

For those of you who were following what I was up to ( the Metal Mayhem mod mainly ) you will know my modding efforts were cut short by a motorcycle accident last November. Not to go into too much detail, my right hand got trapped under the bike and got mashed into the tarmac.

Nearly 4 months on, I still cannot spend any serious time at the PC without pain, and my fine muscle control is still sadly lacking. Anyone who has tried to model in Max with a twitchy hand will understand how frustrating this is. I can't do the stuff properly, and it just sucks the fun right out of it.

It looks like I have done lasting damage to the tendons in the back of my hand, and I have no idea when...or if.... things will get back to the point where I can actually mod again to the sort of standards I can accept.

In light of that, I am retiring from active modding for this game.

Geoffrey S
02-22-2006, 22:21
Take care, and the best of luck recovering.

Epistolary Richard
02-23-2006, 00:07
That's terrible news, Bwian :sad: MM was a mod that really defied all the expectations. I can only wish you a full and speedy recovery.

wlesmana
02-23-2006, 04:08
Oh god. So sorry to hear about that. I'm an illustrator so having damage done to my right hand is one of my worst fears. Sorry to hear that happened to you :( I hope that it's just temporary and you would eventually recover. Good luck and godspeed, Bwian.

Duke John
02-23-2006, 14:50
That is bad news, I wish you the best with recovering.

ZombieFriedNuts
02-24-2006, 00:16
sorry to hear it good luck

Myrddraal
02-24-2006, 01:14
Thats nasty.... Hope it sorts itself out Bwain, and stick around, even if only to check what the latest mods are. Lay back and enjoy some of the modders work. It would be a great shame to loose you from this community completely.

NagatsukaShumi
02-25-2006, 02:45
I am very sorry to hear this Bwain, its terrible news.

I wish you a fast and speedy recovery and relay the same sentiments that you stick around to take part in dicussions on the forums as it would be a shame to lose you entirely.

edyzmedieval
02-26-2006, 12:23
Poor fella. You were really a great modder.... :skull:

KonstantinosXI
02-26-2006, 12:59
I'm very sad....Good luck!

Sundjata Keita
03-03-2006, 21:09
That's really bad news. I hope your recovery from here on is not too painful and hopefully in the future you can make a magnificant return to modding.

Taranaich
03-05-2006, 02:22
Best of luck Bwian, there are too few guys like you in the community.

Bwian
03-07-2006, 22:08
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I will still check in from time to time to see how things are going, and keep in touch with events. I'm doing my physio like a good boy, and hope to be fit to mod MTW2!

hoccalugee
03-08-2006, 14:30
I'm very sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Maybe this could be of assistance during your recovery period:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/