PDA

View Full Version : Discworld: total war

ZombieFriedNuts
02-24-2006, 00:13
I had an Idea Discworld: total war then I thought no it wont be very good, then I started thinking about it and I realised it would be great its got everything, hubland barbarians dwarves, trolls, Ankh-Morpork, trigger happy gods, things from the dungeon , klatchian desert people, d’regs , Tsort (complete with pyramids) , Sto plains.
There’s history of empires Ankh-Morpork had one klatch had one. Tsort had a big one, then theirs the Agatean Empire Chinese type empire
But this doesn’t matter because I can’t Mod.
So if all you beautiful, lovely and above all brilliant people would have a go at it I would love you all forever.
~:cheers: :director: :barrel:

Myrddraal
02-24-2006, 01:16
Its a great series, but I'm not sure it would make for a good mod... Diskworld tends to revolve around characters rather than armies, and the armies that do exist tend just to make fools of themselves...

Duke John
02-24-2006, 08:20
They should start making Discworld adventure games again. Or movies, although I have a bit of doubt that Pratchet's humour could work well on the white screen. It may be even harder than satisfying the LotR fanatics.

Incongruous
02-24-2006, 09:11
That would be pretty cool, however I think it would work better on the BFME2 engine.

HalfThere
02-25-2006, 06:15
Neat idea. I enjoy Discworld, and encourage you to try this. You say you can't mod, but you never know your capabilities until you try. Besides that, you're posting on an excellent site which happens to be a repository of modding information and the home of many helpful veteran modders. If you make enough progress on your own, people will begin to flock to help you.

The only way you can learn is by starting, so go for it.

=E.T=
02-25-2006, 15:46
Great series!!! but not for TW engine....

x8

Flying Pig
04-14-2008, 20:23
The thread is old, I know, but I must point out that a) only one book (mosterous regiment) exists fully on the armies, only Jango tells you anything else remotely military, and there is not enough scope to have warring nations. Most armies would have about two units because Pratchett is not a martial writer

Also a discworld mod would drive me insane; anything where ships fall off the edge of a map is wierd!

Myrddraal
04-15-2008, 14:35
Thread necromancy :skull: