PDA

View Full Version : Weird Thing Happening

Caddy1010101
03-01-2006, 08:17
When I try to enter the game it loads for about 2 secs then logs off and says error unknown event in descr event image please help.

oscar.k
03-01-2006, 11:10
i got exsextlie te same and he just sjut down and dont give any error or somting like tat

Cheexsta
03-01-2006, 13:01
Have you installed the 1.2 patch properly? Did it give some sort of error when patching the game where it was "already installed"?

Try reinstalling the patch, using the zip version available on the EB downloads area. Then install EB again over that.

Caddy1010101
03-02-2006, 02:37
It did what you said but it says same thing just this time faction defeated by player.

oscar.k
03-02-2006, 20:23
and i did what the letter by the download told me and i didint any strange dings at al and some tims it stil go whong

Teleklos Archelaou
03-02-2006, 20:25
Is your copy of RTW the "gold" copy? It won't work with our current build at all, as it's automatically a 1.5 patched build.

basics
03-02-2006, 21:49
1. If you have not tried to install over level 1.2 OK.

2. If you have installed anything above that you must uninstall the lot and re-install RTW to level 1.2.

3. If you have done that and it still won't work most likely the Zip patch is in your files but hasn't overwritten the original.

4. Double left click-My Computer-Local Disc-Programme Files-Rome Total War and you should be in where there are a few files beginning with Data. Near and below that is your Zip folder. It will appear open.

5. Double left click it and Data, Docs and an Icon should appear.

6. Right click Data and press copy.

7. Go back to first folders (2 clicks on back button) and paste on its Data.

8, Double left click on Zip Folder again and right click on Docs this time. Press copy.

9. Go back to first folders ( 2 clicks back) and paste once more on its Data.

10. Finally double left click Zip Folder and see Icon.

11. Right click Icon and press copy.

12. Go back to first folders ( 2 clicks back) and paste on its Data. All of 1.2 should now be in place and the game should work.

Before installing anything on it check that it works and then make copies because you will need them if you want to run more than one modded game on your machine. Keep one copy as a master.

Yours,
basics.