PDA

View Full Version : I hope I have a Good Possibly new Idea.

Just A Girl
03-01-2006, 12:32
"I know this is a long post even by my standards..but please read it all"

Right then

We all love interactive history..
But dont they just feel a little 1 sided?

Heres an idea to Possibly make the interactive history storys more... interactive.

"its going to invlolve at least 2 writers who are willing to work together and who have time to spare."

but here's the deal "finaly"

If we get 2 writers.
and make 2 Interactive history storys at the same time..
we could make it so that 1 story is for 1 country.
and the other story is for their opponents country...

the 2 writers would be neutrall.
and would write a story each that are based around the same place and same basic story.

I.e English vs welsh.

then english story could tell of all the rebellions and stuff how theyve sufferd.

and the welsh could have a story of how they must rally to take back their lands..

As always options will be given as to what can be done by either side.

forinstance english room gets 3 choices of what to do next.
and so do the welsh.

say for example england chose option number 2.
and the welsh chose option number 1.

the battle would end in a draw with both sides having to retreat and re group.

Basically giving every option a counter option.

depending on which combination is selected by either room .
the out comes could be variable in extreems.

(i will now use examples like so.. "W1-E2" meaning Wales select option 1, and England select option 2")

So .
if W1 - E2 = defeat for the welsh
if w3 - e2 = draw
if w2 - e2 = defeat for english
if w3- e1 = crushing defeat for the welsh
if w3 e2 = crushing defeat for the english.
if w3- e3 = huge losses to bothe sides but draw battle.

and so on... In a totaly random but predertermined fassion.
(random as in you cant always counter number 3 with number 1 or something obvious, but predetermind as the writers agreed prior to giving the options)

Now.
to make things more interesting.

I propose Teams be allocated.
(requests to join should be made in private so as no 1 who is participating knows whos on the other team, "or indeed their own untill they see who els posts in the thread")

these teams would be allocated their country. and then...
"tosainu san if he would be so kind"
could remove the opponents country from the users forum.

By that i mean If i wanted to be welsh, Tosainu san could prevent me from Viewing the England thread.

now heres a cherry on top.
1 or 2 members from each team could be Spy's
and they would be allowed to view Both the english and the welsh forum.

they could attempt to sway the decision making in each camp to attempt to win the battle. excetera.
and inform their peer's of their opponents plans.
"not in the actual forum topic but by pm..
Otherwize the opponents spy would see"

Now I really belive this would be Kick ass.

And i really hope ive explained it all adequatly so every 1 understands exactly what i mean...

Thanx for your time,
Input is always nice.

i hope you like my idea

P.S

I almost forgot...

Each country will start with the same amount of troops.
same amount of cav.. so on so forth.

a draw would = same losses on boths sides say 10% for example.

Huge losses but still a draw would equal same losses for both sides say 30%

a minor victory would equal say 5% losses for the winers and 10% losses for the vanquished.

a defeat would = say 15 %of the vanquished's units are dead. and 5% for the winners

a crushing defeat = 35% of the vanquished's units are dead. 5% death rate for the winners

This would mean it wouldnt be 1 battle Poof your out.

Franconicus
03-01-2006, 13:00
ShambleS,

most of your idea sounds good. However, I think that Kraxis already made most of it in his 'Duel'.

I do not understand why you need two writers.
And I do not think that both parties should start with the same position. That would be very unhistorical, wouldn't it?

King Kurt
03-01-2006, 13:25
This seems the germ of a good idea and possibly could work for some interactive histories. We are trying to do something like this in the Irish one currently where different posters take individual roles. It does mean that i can't look at the thread as one player, I have to rely on private messages, but it adds to the fun. Kraxis has done something similar in the duel of the sea where another forum run the English fleet.
However, there is a lot to be said for the story to be controled by one person. I see it a bit like the Dungeon master in D and D - for those of you out there who remember that!!:2thumbsup:

Just A Girl
03-01-2006, 14:03
well if you like the idea.

Feel free to grab it by both hands and use it, and abuse it.
Change aspects of it I do not care..

And i didnt relize there was already this type of interactive history already going on.
"but seeing as i thought of it i assumed some 1 els had 2. (usualy the case)"

2 writers working together = 1/2 the wating time for next installment.

More countrys invlolved = more writers...

and any way.
Cant expect 1 poor guy to write out 2 epick battles without being a little biast as to who he has decided will win...

AntiochusIII
03-04-2006, 00:30
well if you like the idea.

Feel free to grab it by both hands and use it, and abuse it.
Change aspects of it I do not care..

And i didnt relize there was already this type of interactive history already going on.
"but seeing as i thought of it i assumed some 1 els had 2. (usualy the case)"

2 writers working together = 1/2 the wating time for next installment.

More countrys invlolved = more writers...

and any way.
Cant expect 1 poor guy to write out 2 epick battles without being a little biast as to who he has decided will win...Not so. The increasing amount of writers will eventually lead to a spiral downward in terms of coordination and, therefore, by association, chapter turnouts.

Why do we need one writer for a nation? A prolific, skilled writer can cover them all and with much more coordination. A two-persons team, or even three or four, might work with good teamwork, but there are no special benefits in this case.

Besides, this is not a battle of writer versus writer (that is really, REALLY hard to conduct :sweatdrop: ) but of audiences. Kraxis is pulling it by using two forums that couldn't see each other; Mr White's currently on-hiatus Alternative History also allow the audiences themselves to play off each other freely; and the Brian Boru one is pulling something similar. Worry not, there is much diversity at hand.