PDA

View Full Version : e_b.txt edits - river ports

LordElrond
03-02-2006, 02:27
This thread contains edits that I made to the export_buildings.txt river ports. I have tried to maintain the original intent while providing clarity. Feel free to check and post if you find errors. I will add more as I finish them.

There is a small complication with rebel settlements having these buildings in them, and as such, it is hard to make each building faction specific. If someone that knows how this works, and knows what tier building this is (I'm assuming the most basic), please let me know if its alright to use terms like "gallic" and "germanic" in the descrips. Or, if there is a better term please notify me. Thanks.

LE

{river_port_name} River Ports – These structures increase trade in your province if a large and navigable river is present.

{river_port} River Port
{river_port_desc}
River Port\n\nRiver ports brought trade and wealth to inland settlements. These ports ultimately provided access to the sea, which was vital for all long distance trade. Sea lanes were the true highways of the ancient world. In fact, transporting goods by ship was the only way to move them cheaply enough to make a profit. As a result, ships were the most common method used to send goods to far-reaching clients.
{river_port_desc_short}
River ports brought trade and wealth to inland settlements by providing the vital connections to the sea that long distance trade required.

{river_port_barbarian} River Port
{river_port_barbarian_desc}
River Port\n\nRiver ports brought trade and wealth to inland settlements even for barbarians. These ports ultimately provided access to the sea, which was vital for all long distance trade. Transporting goods by ship was the only way to move them cheaply enough to make a profit. As a result, ships were the most common method used to send goods to clients. The ships and boats that traversed the rivers would sell wares that villages needed, and also buy whatever goods the settlements made.
{river_port_barbarian_desc_short}
River ports brought trade and wealth to inland settlements by providing the vital connections to the sea that long distance trade required.

{river_port_germans} River Port (TRANSLATE ME PLEASE!)
{river_port_germans_desc}
Swêbōz River Port\n\nRivers were not just a source of food and water for the Swêbōz; they were a source of wealth. Boats were able to sail between the many tribal villages along the rivers. The merchant vessels found on the rivers would sell wares that the villages needed, and also purchase whatever goods that were available at each settlement. River ports were situated on the most accessible river banks and were usually built in wealthy villages, which increased the trade by making docking easier.
{river_port_germans_desc_short}

{river_port_britons} Flwbathon
{river_port_britons_desc}
Casse River Port\n\nRivers may have been obstacles to warriors at times, but they were a great benefit to traders. Rivers allowed for the accumulation of wealth, since trade boats often plied the waterways with their goods and contact was kept with the more remote tribes along them. In some places it was even more profitable to travel and trade by water instead of by road. River ports were built along the most suitable river banks, in order to tax traders that wanted to sell their goods.
{river_port_britons_desc_short}

{river_port_gauls} Fluabaddon
{river_port_gauls_desc}
Aedui River Port\n\nRivers may have been obstacles to Gallic warriors at times, but they were a great benefit to traders. Rivers allowed for the accumulation of wealth, since trade boats often plied the waterways with their goods and contact was kept with the more remote tribes along them. The merchant vessels found on the rivers would sell wares that the villages needed, and also purchase whatever goods that were available at each settlement. River ports were situated on the most accessible river banks and were usually built in wealthy villages, which increased the trade by making docking easier.
{river_port_gauls_desc_short}

Kull
03-03-2006, 05:44
This thread contains edits that I made to the export_buildings.txt river ports. I have tried to maintain the original intent while providing clarity. Feel free to check and post if you find errors. I will add more as I finish them.

There is a small complication with rebel settlements having these buildings in them, and as such, it is hard to make each building faction specific. If someone that knows how this works, and knows what tier building this is (I'm assuming the most basic), please let me know if its alright to use terms like "gallic" and "germanic" in the descrips. Or, if there is a better term please notify me. Thanks.

LE

{river_port_name} River Ports – These structures increase trade in your province if a large and navigable river is present.

{river_port} River Port (TRANSLATE ME PLEASE!)
{river_port_desc}
River Port\n\nRiver ports brought trade and wealth to inland settlements. These ports ultimately provided access to the sea, which was vital for all long distance trade. Sea lanes were the true highways of the ancient world. In fact, transporting goods by ship was the only way to move them cheaply enough to make a profit. As a result, ships were the most common method used to send goods to far-reaching clients.
{river_port_desc_short}

{river_port_barbarian} River Port (TRANSLATE ME PLEASE! - Delete this. By definition these apply to multiple cultures, so no single language is appropriate)
{river_port_barbarian_desc}
River Port\n\nRiver ports brought trade and wealth to inland settlements even for barbarians. These ports ultimately provided access to the sea, which was vital for all long distance trade. Transporting goods by ship was the only way to move them cheaply enough to make a profit. As a result, ships were the most common method used to send goods to clients. The ships and boats that traversed the rivers would sell wares that villages needed, and also buy whatever goods the settlements made.
{river_port_barbarian_desc_short}

Swêboz River Port\n\nRivers were not just a source of food and water for the Swêboz; they were a source of wealth. Boats were able to sail between the many tribal villages along the rivers. The merchant vessels found on the rivers would sell wares that the villages needed, and also purchase whatever goods that were available at each settlement. River ports were situated on the most accessible river banks and were usually built in wealthy villages, which increased the trade by making docking easier.

{river_port_britons} Flwbathon
{river_port_britons_desc}
Casse River Port\n\nRivers may have been obstacles to warriors at times, but they were a great benefit to traders. Rivers allowed for the accumulation of wealth, since trade boats often plied the waterways with their goods and contact was kept with the more remote tribes along them. In some places it was even more profitable to travel and trade by water instead of by road. River ports were built along the most suitable river banks, in order to tax traders that wanted to sell their goods.
{river_port_britons_desc_short}

{river_port_gauls} Fluabaddon
{river_port_gauls_desc}
Aedui River Port\n\nRivers may have been obstacles to Gallic warriors at times, but they were a great benefit to traders. Rivers allowed for the accumulation of wealth, since trade boats often plied the waterways with their goods and contact was kept with the more remote tribes along them. The merchant vessels found on the rivers would sell wares that the villages needed, and also purchase whatever goods that were available at each settlement. River ports were situated on the most accessible river banks and were usually built in wealthy villages, which increased the trade by making docking easier.
{river_port_gauls_desc_short}

Nice job LE, really appreciate this! A few minor changes which I'll place using bold red font. After you transfer them to your post, I'll clear them here.

LordElrond
03-06-2006, 23:46
Kull, I deleted the translate me text after the first river_port. I'm assuming that it doesn't have to be translated along with the barbarian one since it refers to no specific faction.

Also, am I supposed to delete the river_port_german translate me text?

LE

LordElrond
03-07-2006, 00:11
Here are the remaining barbarian river ports. I will have the other factions' ports up soon I hope.

LE

{river_port_scythia} Fluabaddon
{river_port_scythia_desc}
Arverni River Port\n\nRivers may have been obstacles to Gallic warriors at times, but they were a great benefit to traders. Rivers allowed for the accumulation of wealth, since trade boats often plied the waterways with their goods and contact was kept with the more remote tribes along them. The merchant vessels found on the rivers would sell wares that the villages needed, and also purchase whatever goods that were available at each settlement. River ports were situated on the most accessible river banks and were usually built in wealthy villages, which increased the trade by making docking easier.
{river_port_scythia_desc_short}

{river_port_dacia} Hormos Potamios
{river_port_dacia_desc}
Getic River Port\n\nThe more enterprising tribes amongst the Getai used the rivers strewn throughout their lands to establish great networks of trade. They were able to link the variety of settlements that were found on the rivers with one another. Since the Getai had no remarkable tradition of maritime trade, the rivers were a welcome alternative. Rivers were easier to navigate than the open seas, and were found closer to the familiar settings of the mountains and forests. Trade along the rivers provided an extra source of income, and as a result, both great and small cities alike were able achieve wealth by utilizing the circuitous paths of river merchants.
{river_port_dacia_desc_short}

{river_port_spain} River Port (TRANSLATE ME PLEASE!)
{river_port_spain_desc}
Iberian River Port\n\nRivers may have been obstacles to warriors at times, but they were a great benefit to traders. Rivers allowed for the accumulation of wealth, since trade boats often plied the waterways with their goods and contact was kept with the more remote tribes along them. In some places it was even more profitable to travel and trade by water instead of road. River ports were built along the most suitable river banks, in order to tax traders that wanted to sell their goods.\n\nHistorically, rivers were very important trade routes for the peoples of Iberia. The fact that land routes were slow and dangerous meant that the most important commodities were carried by sea and then distributed inland through small fluvial settlements. Rafts and small boats would then make the trip back in the direction of the coastal towns. Foreign peoples, particularly the Phoenicians, also took advantage of these ports and regularly used native river ports as distribution centers for their commodities. Ships also used them as havens while traveling to distant places.
{river_port_spain_desc_short}

Kull
03-07-2006, 05:35
Kull, I deleted the translate me text after the first river_port. I'm assuming that it doesn't have to be translated along with the barbarian one since it refers to no specific faction.

Exactly

Also, am I supposed to delete the river_port_german translate me text?

LE

No, that was an "add". The statement isn't there.

Edit: Descriptions down to thispoint have been added to EB.txt (3/18/06)

Kull
03-20-2006, 02:41
Thanks Lord Elrond! When you load up EB v.74, your "River Ports" - the ones completed to this point - are now a part of the game!

Teutobod II
03-22-2006, 13:36

Swêbōz River Port\n\nRivers were not just a source of food and water for the Swêbōz; they were a source of wealth. Boats were able to sail between the many tribal villages along the rivers. The merchant vessels found on the rivers would sell wares that the villages needed, and also purchase whatever goods that were available at each settlement. River ports were situated on the most accessible river banks and were usually built in wealthy villages, which increased the trade by making docking easier.

maybe you could use this ?

{river_port_germans} " Fleutazhabanō " ???