PDA

View Full Version : AoVaF revived!

Rodion Romanovich
03-04-2006, 10:22
edyzmedieval is the new project leader for AoVaF. This means AoVaF won't die, or be postponed to MTW2! It'll continue being made for RTW:BI with the 1.6 patch version. All team members who are still interested in working with the mod are encouraged to continue! I'll be around for a while to get all used to the new leadership and answer questions about the parts that have already been made. This decision, apart from reviving AoVaF, will hopefully boost the progress of both the AoVaF and BTW mod, as we had complementary skills available.

:charge:

Once final version 1.0 research lists for names, units etc. have been completed there will be a call to arms for new members if there's any interest. We've had requests from many coders who wanted to join, but previously weren't able to incorporate them properly into the mod, due to my lack of leadership and organization which was caused by my lack of time. Now we'll hopefully get better organization and get things going.

edyzmedieval
03-04-2006, 10:58
~D

Thanks Legio.
For the beginning, I want everybody from the team to give me their MSN and to rally here. We need all the modders we can get!!!

Cronos Impera
03-04-2006, 11:26
Congratulations, Edyzmedieval. If you need help with the vlah factions ( if they would be any, you can count me in)

Antagonist
03-04-2006, 12:02
Great news! :medievalcheers:

Antagonist

Germanicus91
03-04-2006, 13:42
edyzmedieval is the new project leader for AoVaF. This means AoVaF won't die, or be postponed to MTW2! It'll continue being made for RTW:BI with the 1.6 patch version. All team members who are still interested in working with the mod are encouraged to continue! I'll be around for a while to get all used to the new leadership and answer questions about the parts that have already been made. This decision, apart from reviving AoVaF, will hopefully boost the progress of both the AoVaF and BTW mod, as we had complementary skills available.

:charge:

Once final version 1.0 research lists for names, units etc. have been completed there will be a call to arms for new members if there's any interest. We've had requests from many coders who wanted to join, but previously weren't able to incorporate them properly into the mod, due to my lack of leadership and organization which was caused by my lack of time. Now we'll hopefully get better organization and get things going.

Great news! :2thumbsup:
Of course I'm happy to help on editing unit stats and doing background research where I can.

palissa
03-04-2006, 15:40
I have downloaded pack, and checked your skin and models.
If need a modest skinner (I mean, i am the greatest skinner living, but i am jsut started skin :)), i can work on skin, if give me a model to work on, some pictures, or drawing or a detailed description of the unit skin.
Bye
My msn is a66lombardi@hotmail.com

Uranos
03-04-2006, 17:22
Great news indeed :2thumbsup:

Greek_fire19
03-04-2006, 20:10
HOORAY! :2thumbsup:

edyzmedieval
03-04-2006, 22:50
Thank you guys for all the dedication. ~D

@Palissa

We need all the manpower we can get. Just give us a background skin, and if we like it, you are signed. ~:)

@Germanicus91

I might use you as my personal assistant. ;)

@Cronos

If we will rethink the factions, be sure of that. ~:)

Stormy
03-05-2006, 02:50
I am very happy to hear that this mod is now revived! Thank you. :2thumbsup:

beauchamp
03-05-2006, 06:32
Toll! Viel Gluck from me!

Bar Kochba
03-05-2006, 11:42
was part of the old team didnt really do nething but if you need me ill give you my msn

edyzmedieval
03-05-2006, 12:24
Kochba,

What was your position on the team?

And thank you all. :2thumbsup:

Ragnor_Lodbrok
03-05-2006, 13:46
That's really great.
Congratulations, Edyzmedieval!

palissa
03-05-2006, 20:38
This is a goblin i skinned :) A spearman goblin for lotr.
I did also some roman, and knights and other stuff.

https://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2171/gobspea16ry.th.jpg (https://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gobspea16ry.jpg)

Well, just gimme a model and a pic or a drawing and i skin it!

Bar Kochba
03-05-2006, 23:39
i didnt do much i can script and i can beta test aswell and research

edyzmedieval
03-06-2006, 11:39
@Palissa

Ok Palissa. It looks good. You're hired. ~:)
I will talk to Legio to assign you to a faction

@Kochba

I will talk to Legio, so you can begin working on coding the created work, so we can do a first release. :book:

palissa
03-06-2006, 21:32
Gimme a faction who has models :)
I can model very badly, so need model to work on :)
ANd lot of picture to copy style, ..
Bye
Dont give me romans, i had enough of romans :)

edyzmedieval
03-06-2006, 22:44
No, we don't even have romans. :P

Hungarians..Are they ok for you?

beauchamp
03-07-2006, 00:17
Awsome!
Need help on Islamic Factions? I already posted some ideas under "religious symbols".

palissa
03-07-2006, 09:11
Hungarian are okay, no problem.
Mmm, you are aware i need model (or, if you think i an model on some existing model of vanilla rtw, bi or your model already done) and i will need pictures of an hungarian?
I dont even know how resemble an hungarian :)
If give me some pic, i can start skin even before a model come, so have some thing done when model come.
Bye

Csatadi
03-07-2006, 12:16
Legio's pack for Richard (and maybe to other ones):
http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Rome%20Total%20War/Mods/Ao_pack.zip

Rodion Romanovich
03-07-2006, 14:03
@palissa: The Hungarians are in AoVaF called Mogyeriek (Magyars). In the mod period they started as a pagan nomadic steppe people and ended up as a Christian (catholic) settled culture looking very much like the eastern franks (i.e. what later became the holy roman empire). In the early period, to simplify things a little, they'd use leather clothes, fur-rimmed hats etc., excellent curved composite bows, stirrups for their cavalry, etc. But Csatadi has posted more details about each unit, and some concept art. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Awsome!
Need help on Islamic Factions? I already posted some ideas under "religious symbols".

What would the help be with? Skinning and/or research? I think we can need help with both, but we have a lot of research for the factions already so I should dig up what we already have and post it in the army lists thread first, so you don't have to do work that isn't needed. If you find errors/suggestions for improvements in the army lists once I've posted them, it would be of much use.

@Csatadi: Thank you! Now I won't have to worry about that. Strangely there were a lot of problems no matter what I tried...

edyzmedieval
03-07-2006, 16:26
Thanks Csatadi. ~:)

We are recruiting skinners. Anyone interested, PM me or sign up here.

beauchamp
03-07-2006, 16:35
alright, once you post your ideas for the Abbasid and Andalus arimes, ill see how I can help.

palissa
03-07-2006, 18:31
Well, or i am retarded, or i maybe need some more explanation.
I understood i must do magyar.
That okay, nearly barbarian faction and all.
My question are:

1) Have the models?
In the pack there are only some viking and norse man
If dont have the models, want use vanilla models?
If so, tell me which model to use for the skins.

2) Have pictures of this or drawing or address on internet or a very very detailed description?

3) Have a list of units you want to skin? with names and all, and every unit with his picture or his VERY detailed description.

Edit: I got the list in the other post, now need pic or descs. (If you have).

That all for now., once i have this question answered, i can start make units..

Bye

edyzmedieval
03-07-2006, 19:21
You're not retarded.
The models have not been made yet, because the modellers have left the team.

Check the Magyars and Khazars topic on this subforum for detailed info.

palissa
03-07-2006, 20:33
Okay, i use vanilla BI mdoel for archers, so cans tart make pair skins.
I will read those, and see what can come out

Rodion Romanovich
03-07-2006, 20:44
1) Have the models?
In the pack there are only some viking and norse man
If dont have the models, want use vanilla models?
If so, tell me which model to use for the skins.

For the germanic-styled late magyar non-archer cavalry units I'm sure you could use the model of the BI paladin or something like that. Do you know how to use alpha to make parts of a model invisible if needed?

For the early magyar units it's difficult because you need a model with all the special details they had. I think ScionTheWorm had a very good model with the conical hat and all that, but he only made one skin with it. Plus skeletor made a very good horse model (again, you however need to know how to use alpha to be able to use that horse model). Anyway I'm sure we can get hold of skeletor so he can upload all models and skins he made (of those that aren't already in the package), but Scion has been away for a long time so I don't know.

So by the time you're ready with the germanic-looking of the magyar units, we'll hopefully have the models you need for the other magyar units. If not, would skinning some Khazar units be ok? Anyway, the germanic-looking magyar units are:

- M[82] Besenyok (very light horse archers, bow, fast, good stamina, Christian appearance, unlocked by Christian conversion)
- [85] Late Vitézek (see above, unlocked by Christian conversion, same as early vitézek but with more Christian appearance)
[87] Várjobbágyok (medium cavalry archers, short bow, lance and small round shield, leather armor, fairly good in melee, unlocked by Christian conversion)
- [89] German knights (heavy cavalry of eastern frankish appearance and stats, unlocked by Christian conversion)
- [91] Varjág Testorök (heavy cavalry, lance, shield, short shafted axe, chainmail, unlocked by Christian conversion)

I think the foot archers would use the same conical hat as many of the mounted archers so I suggest you wait with them until later, unless you know a BI model that has a conical hat. Btw - if you can find a BI unit that does have a conical hat, you could potentially use it for most of the remaíning magyar units.

2) Have pictures of this or drawing or address on internet or a very very detailed description?

there are descriptions above, but they aren't very detailed. We have got some better descriptions and images somewhere as well, but no instructions on which concept art picture to use for which unit, so you're free to choose the exact details. But if for example two units should look almost the same, try to make the ones that are high up in the tech tree look stronger and meaner :grin: , with perhaps less dirt and stuff on their clothes, and more dirt and stuff on the militia units.

3) Have a list of units you want to skin? with names and all, and every unit with his picture or his VERY detailed description.

Edit: I got the list in the other post, now need pic or descs. (If you have).

That all for now., once i have this question answered, i can start make units..

I'll try to come back with instructions on which pic to use for which unit.
Pic at the top on this page: http://istvandr.kiszely.hu/ostortenet/036.html, shows what the early magyars would look like, most of them having high conical hats, as you can see. You can choose which ones to make which early cavalry units of.

Good horse archer pic: http://ehumana.hu/arpad/pic/pictures/ny-05.jpg

palissa
03-08-2006, 19:28
Yeah, that pic i already skinned :)
I started a new thread where put my works.

Now, be a good researcher and find me what color want on the dress :)

Or tell me what color want.

As i said, you need to give me visual or very detailed instruction, i dont have any fantasy :)

Bye

Nacheras
03-10-2006, 16:33
edzymedieval, thanks a lot for your very important help.
And, of course, to Legio and Csatadi.

I can not modelling or skinning, I´m unskilled for programming, but I have posted information about Asturias and Al-Andalus (units, teach and royal trees, provinces, buildings, traits). Almost all the work with these factions is done and I posted here or at the internal forum, but I will post again if you want.

I can provide you information about other non-spanish factions, even not as accurate as with spanish. Just tell me what faction need research and I will begin.
~;)

Thank you again.

palissa
03-10-2006, 18:17
If post info, post also ALOT of picture or drawing of units, so can be skinned. bye

Rodion Romanovich
03-10-2006, 19:46
edzymedieval, thanks a lot for your very important help.
And, of course, to Legio and Csatadi.

I can not modelling or skinning, I´m unskilled for programming, but I have posted information about Asturias and Al-Andalus (units, teach and royal trees, provinces, buildings, traits). Almost all the work with these factions is done and I posted here or at the internal forum, but I will post again if you want.

I can provide you information about other non-spanish factions, even not as accurate as with spanish. Just tell me what faction need research and I will begin.
~;)

Thank you again.

Yeah, it would probably be helpful if you reposted the latest versions of army lists. We need to rework the army lists a bit. I've got the names and other stuff though. As for other factions to research, Great Moravia needs research for army list and names.

edyzmedieval
03-11-2006, 20:24
Any historical help you can provide it's great. As long as it's accurate. ~;)

But be sure to open a new thread, so we can see the work better. ~:)

Agraes
03-11-2006, 23:44
Edzy, Legio, just want to let you know you cant count on ATW models and skins if you need some. I understand that Scion didn't send you his work so if you need some other celtic factions done our own can help - at least as a basis.

edyzmedieval
03-12-2006, 11:46
Thanks Agraes. ~:)

We need to complete our Eire, Englisc and other factions with some skins. We don't have them all.

I send an e-mail to Scion. I hope he responds.

Agraes
03-12-2006, 21:41
In case he don't you knows who to ask ;]

Attila Reloaded made also some Carolingian Franks for his mod. It may be useful for you.

Mujalumbo
03-16-2006, 02:04
It lives! It LIVES! Huzzah!

Unfortunately, I have no applicable skills or specialized historical knowledge what-so-ever, so that precludes me from making any siginificant contribution. :( You do have my moral support, however, and I'm fully confident that Age of Vikings and Fanatics be another kick-ass mod.

Cheers! :beer:

palissa
03-16-2006, 09:10
Nobody started with skill mujalumbo. everybody learn it.
Too many times read: keep up the good work, will be best mod ever, but unfortunately am not skilled and cant help in any way.

Of course yo ucan help. For example, can surf the net and find pictures of magyar units, or arab units, or franks, or whatever unit is listed in unit, and post the url or the pictures.

That will help me for sure.

Bye

ArnoldLol
04-09-2006, 15:16
i only want to say that i think that Legio has done a great job

:cheers: mate

Rodion Romanovich
04-09-2006, 21:03
i only want to say that i think that Legio has done a great job

:cheers: mate

thank u, but don't forget that most of the work has been done by the others on the team who deserve most of the credit :2thumbsup:

edyzmedieval
04-10-2006, 10:46
thank u, but don't forget that most of the work has been done by the others on the team who deserve most of the credit :2thumbsup:

Leave the false modesty, it doesn't fit you. :laugh4:

You done a great job also, you did all of the organizing. ~:)