PDA

View Full Version : MTW 2 History Log /Ranks

BHCWarman88
03-04-2006, 20:56
in MTW 2,they should have a History Log.
For Example:
hmmm, your General,say,named Julius Patter. you play as the English,btw.. Julipus Patter deaftes the French King Louis XI in a Huge Fight,and Kills him in Battle.the log sohlud be like

1088A.D.
The Year of Our Lord
Julius Patter Deafeted King Louis Xi in a Major Battle,slaying the worthelss foe.

and if he fought good,and his unit rank up alot of kills....

Would you like to Promote him to Senior General??

what you guys think??

Ludens
03-05-2006, 13:49
It would be a very nice addition, but I can think of more important things. I'd rather have the old logfiles and replays back: I can write-down my own history from them.

Furious Mental
03-05-2006, 16:06
Don't you remember? We're not having years apparently. So it will say

Turn Four
Julius Patter Deafeted King Louis Xi in a Major Battle,slaying the worthelss foe.

That sounds so much better/ not

Servius
03-06-2006, 18:43
Well, the years apparently won't show up in the UI, but that doesn't mean the game couldn't attach dates to things like this. It sounds like the game will be like TIVO, where there are dates and such, but the game skips over 'boring' years. The years still happened, you as the player just didn't get to make any moves that year.

sapi
03-07-2006, 08:18
Even having a section where you could add comments to a unit yourself would be nice...

Trajanus
03-08-2006, 13:07
Sapi I like that idea. It would offer a nice option of passing around saved games as new scenario's for people to play after they have completed the game 10 times.

Follow the career of a certain general etc.

sapi
03-09-2006, 10:26
Yes, that was along the lines of what i was thinking (but i was thinking more of a certain unit; i'd add comments after good battles, there could be automatic additions for retraining/merging etc...

Oh how i wish...