PDA

View Full Version : EB Patch 0.73 Issues

Yeknodathon
03-05-2006, 20:36
Great mod, enjoying it very much and look forward to future work.

I don't believe these are bugs but I wanted to check out whether these issues were already known or whether I need to reinstall?

Playing as the Romans:

- Latin mod doesn't appear to be working (at least during start of a campaign)
- I captured Taras, destroyed the foreign Government building but I'm still able to recruit Toxotai, Akontistai, Taxeis Hoplitai and Peltastai (with a type IV building). Is this correct?
- unit recruitment / battlefield cards for the above show a peasant (this is prevalent when using the custom battle generator)
- Eqvities Romani shows a peasant on its stats screen
- Fabricae Armawotsits building description is jumbled. Is this a formatting issue?

Great mod, informative and fun to play!

Yeknod

Teleklos Archelaou
03-05-2006, 21:34
If you capture Taras, while playing as Romans, and put an Allied Government down in Taras (a type4), then you should expect to recruit local greek low-level units. I don't see what the problem is there. It is working correctly. And as we don't have roman auxilia units yet, or some other regionals, it is probably a good idea to do it too for a while.

Yeknodathon
03-05-2006, 21:41
Okay, thanks for the reply!

Trithemius
03-05-2006, 23:08
I want to echo most of these, I have also got a lot of "sons of Greece" speeches from my generals - although the battlefield chatter is (from recollection) Roman (not Latin though :().

Nearly all the descriptions for the MICs for the Romans seem to jumbled up a great deal as well.

Ambiorix
03-06-2006, 01:36
And as Yek stated, the unit cards for a large amount of units are peasants. Much more so than from 0.7.2. All of the "psiloi" units are peasants, from the top of my head.

Dooz
03-06-2006, 02:18
In a custom battle between Epirus and the Seleucids, the Seleucid pantidopai(sp?) were without a weapon, just those awesome straw-woven looking shields.

khelvan
03-06-2006, 03:00
I believe that is a known issue, and won't be fixed until we do our next version release.

QwertyMIDX
03-06-2006, 06:07
Yeah, no graphics changes till next patch because we can't make edits to the pak, only provide a completely new one (which is a lot of bandwith).

Keba
03-06-2006, 22:32
Just a single question ... is Avaricum (central Gaul, province of Batromorgan) supposed to start with a Circus (or something similar, Greek culture, Roman description, description says something about even Circus Maximus starting off as this building)? Sorry if I could't be more specific, I sorta destroyed the building to make enough money to beat back an invasion.

This may not be the most appropriate thread, but I could not find any other that fit.

Oh, and great mod people. :2thumbsup:

Teleklos Archelaou
03-07-2006, 05:03
Thanks for pointing out the errant buildings there Keba. I've entered them into the fix list.