PDA

View Full Version : Patched Romans with Greek portraits and voices again

econ21
03-06-2006, 01:10
I've played a couple of hours with the patch and had forgotten how wonderful this mod is. :2thumbsup: Also much brisker this time round and with no CTDs so far.

One small "but": my starting (no recruits as yet) Roman characters still have Greek portraits and give pre-battle speeches in Greek accents. I guess this was not fixed in the patch? Or did I mess up?

If it is a product of the patch, is it very hard for users to correct themselves? I remember doing very simple editing to switch the Roman and Seleucid banners pre-patch. But I can't recall correcting the portraits/speeches and since the banners got fixed in the patch too, I'm assuming the portraits/speech are much harder to correct.

QwertyMIDX
03-06-2006, 01:27
It's part of the culture swap, it won't be fixed until we port to 1.5 (which we are making progress on again, thankfully).

econ21
03-06-2006, 01:43
Ok, no problem, thanks for the quick response. Good luck with the 1.5 port.

PS: I really enjoyed the battles so far, Qwerty. :2thumbsup: They feel just right. I'm appreciating the morale levels in particular, which seem well balanced in comparison to the "insta-routs" of vanilla and the "last man standing" of RTR 6.0 Gold.

Cheexsta
03-06-2006, 03:38
It's part of the culture swap, it won't be fixed until we port to 1.5 (which we are making progress on again, thankfully).
Did you actually manage to solve the building/hidden resources problem? Please be yes :2thumbsup:

Teleklos Archelaou
03-06-2006, 03:50
It seems as thought the answer is yes. nikolai1962 and blacksnail have been testing it for us, and both have reported some measure of success. nikolai has been updating some of his progress on Dol Goldur's EBD discussion thread.

QwertyMIDX
03-06-2006, 06:05
PS: I really enjoyed the battles so far, Qwerty. :2thumbsup: They feel just right. I'm appreciating the morale levels in particular, which seem well balanced in comparison to the "insta-routs" of vanilla and the "last man standing" of RTR 6.0 Gold.

Thanks for your support, after that superflame I got I was a bit concerned ~;).

nikolai1962
03-12-2006, 11:46
Did you actually manage to solve the building/hidden resources problem? Please be yes :2thumbsup:

There's a bug in 1.5 where if you add a new building that is buildable by the carthaginian culture the game will prevent you regenerating a new map.rwn file or give other problems if the map.rwn already exists.

After many iterations of testing it turns out that the problem is carthaginian having two culture lookup variants in the descr_ui_buildings.txt file. All you have to do is remove one of them and it's fine :wall:

The good side is 1.5 has new modding features that could immensely simplify the way EB got round the hard-coded culture assignment in 1.2. This should mean far less room for bugs and errors in the future once it is ported.

The_White_Knight
03-12-2006, 13:43
There's a bug in 1.5 where if you add a new building that is buildable by the carthaginian culture the game will prevent you regenerating a new map.rwn file or give other problems if the map.rwn already exists.

After many iterations of testing it turns out that the problem is carthaginian having two culture lookup variants in the descr_ui_buildings.txt file. All you have to do is remove one of them and it's fine :wall:

The good side is 1.5 has new modding features that could immensely simplify the way EB got round the hard-coded culture assignment in 1.2. This should mean far less room for bugs and errors in the future once it is ported.

I'm immensively relieved to see you guys fixed the 1.5 probs. I've never been so anxious to see EB's final product. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Tabris
03-12-2006, 15:13
Just a totally NB question.
1.5 means BI?

Bonny
03-12-2006, 15:44
@ Tabris
No, It means normal rome patched to version 1.5
Bi is version 1.6

econ21
03-12-2006, 15:58
Going back to the original post, I noticed an adopted Roman general had the late Equites bodyguard (Singulares?) as pre-patch.

Trithemius
03-12-2006, 23:09
Going back to the original post, I noticed an adopted Roman general had the late Equites bodyguard (Singulares?) as pre-patch.

Ditto on this, it seems all my newer generals have Singulares not Consulares. This was present in 0.7.2 (and I believe I mentioned it at the time).

Trithemius
03-12-2006, 23:10
Double Post, somehow...