PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!

Roderick Ponce Von Fontlebottom
03-06-2006, 02:55
HELP!! Ive been playing EB lately and every once in a while the game keeps minimizing back to the desktop, and I have to keep clicking on the tab again and waiting for it to load back up. It doesent crash to the desktop as all I have to do is click it at the bottom and it reopens. I tryed reinstalling Rome and the mod and the patch, and it seems to still be doing it. By timing the minimizations I realized that it was doing this every 5 minutes down to the second, so it cant be an error or virus, it must be some setting in the computer. Has anybody had this problem before with their computer, and does anybody have any ideas of what to do? Are there any specific programs that control this type of funtion. I run Windows XP profesional. Please Help!!!!!!!

Teleklos Archelaou
03-06-2006, 03:12
It may be the optimization option in the shortcut. Did you choose that on install? I've not seen this though, so I'm just guessing. My cpu's pretty fast so I am not using it.

Roderick Ponce Von Fontlebottom
03-06-2006, 03:14
Thank you for replying, is that the option where you can make the game more prioritized??

Teleklos Archelaou
03-06-2006, 03:23
Yeah, I'm saying it could be that, but I don't really know. I haven't heard of that problem before, so it's a possibility at least. This should be in the bug subforum though for sure.

PseRamesses
03-06-2006, 22:29
HELP!! Ive been playing EB lately and every once in a while the game keeps minimizing back to the desktop, and I have to keep clicking on the tab again and waiting for it to load back up. It doesent crash to the desktop as all I have to do is click it at the bottom and it reopens. I tryed reinstalling Rome and the mod and the patch, and it seems to still be doing it. By timing the minimizations I realized that it was doing this every 5 minutes down to the second, so it cant be an error or virus, it must be some setting in the computer. Has anybody had this problem before with their computer, and does anybody have any ideas of what to do? Are there any specific programs that control this type of funtion. I run Windows XP profesional. Please Help!!!!!!!
Happens to me on a regular basis when my anti-virus program works or if my firewall kicks in when I´m online and play at the same time. Could that be it?