PDA

View Full Version : New (or old?) CTD during AI move (post 0.7.3a)

Harain
03-06-2006, 16:20
Playing Rome, one of those CTDs during AI movement occured. I did the usual, assuming control of the faction causing it (ptolemaioi) and tried everything, but it always crashed. I even disbanded EVERY single unit and destroyed EVERY single building, and still it CTD'd while ending turn.

After a lot of trial and error I finally found out what was causing it: Salamis was building a Penteconterai, which would be finished at the turn's end and causing the CTD. Unless this was caused by applying the 0.73a hotfix, since the game was started with 0.73 (altough I played many turns after hotfix), then I think there's a problem with this unit causing a CTD.

EDIT: copied this post to twcenter forums, since I don't know how to make an attachment here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=835542#post835542

EDIT 2: altough this fixed the CTD, I had a new CTD with Ptolemaioi after 2 turns, this time with a Kerkuroi Fleet being built also at Salamis. This time I destroyed the naval yard, hoping to avoid new CTDs. Something's definitely wrong with Ptolemaioi ships... (or maybe just in Salamis?)

Foot
03-06-2006, 16:25
I had a similar ctd from ptolemaioi while playing as Pontus. I couldn't find the problem but I'll go and check whether it is the same as the one above.

Foot

Teleklos Archelaou
03-06-2006, 17:08
Playing Rome, one of those CTDs during AI movement occured. I did the usual, assuming control of the faction causing it (ptolemaioi) and tried everything, but it always crashed. I even disbanded EVERY single unit and destroyed EVERY single building, and still it CTD'd while ending turn.

After a lot of trial and error I finally found out what was causing it: Salamis was building a Penteconterai, which would be finished at the turn's end and causing the CTD. Unless this was caused by applying the 0.73a hotfix, since the game was started with 0.73 (altough I played many turns after hotfix), then I think there's a problem with this unit causing a CTD.

EDIT: copied this post to twcenter forums, since I don't know how to make an attachment here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=835542#post835542

EDIT 2: altough this fixed the CTD, I had a new CTD with Ptolemaioi after 2 turns, this time with a Kerkuroi Fleet being built also at Salamis. This time I destroyed the naval yard, hoping to avoid new CTDs. Something's definitely wrong with Ptolemaioi ships... (or maybe just in Salamis?)
A big thanks for taking the time to figure this out. That sort of thing is going above and beyond the call of duty! We will definitely take a look at it and see if we can do something about it or replicate it. :2thumbsup:

Foot
03-06-2006, 17:10

I started a new thread just for this. The problem is that there is no port for the ships to spawn, hence the ctd.

Foot

Harain
03-06-2006, 17:34
A big thanks for taking the time to figure this out. That sort of thing is going above and beyond the call of duty! We will definitely take a look at it and see if we can do something about it or replicate it. :2thumbsup:
lol, you're welcome, but the main reason I went to all the trouble is that I REALLY want to play that game, so close to a Triumph vs Carthage :laugh4:

margeta2005
03-06-2006, 19:51
This CTD happened to me as well while playing for Greece is there any way to fix it or will you guys fix it

P.S. This is the best mod I've ever played great job :2thumbsup: