PDA

View Full Version : Serious CTD Bug - Salamis Ship Recruiting

Foot
03-06-2006, 17:09
Salamis has the ability to build boats but it does not have a port, it only has a fishing village. This means that as soon as a ship is built the game ctds. This was the problem on my Pontus Campaign and I've double checked by firing up a Ptolemaioi game.

The only quick-fix I can think of, that does not require another hot-fix from the EB team is to switch to ptolemaiois in the first turn and destroy the naval base.

Foot

O'ETAIPOS
03-06-2006, 18:35
It seems that there is only navy port in Salamis, and this is NOT creating port graphics on camp map.

How to fix:
1 (during campain) If you could swich control to Ptolemies, do it and go to Salamis, remove ship being built and start building trade port.

2 (before start) go to Data\World\maps\campain\imperial_campain and open file descr_strat.
Move to the entry "numidia - Ptolemaioi" below you will find lists of buildings in cities.
Move to one named Kypros. Find entry type navy_port naval_bay and replace it with type port_buildings port

Dooz
03-06-2006, 22:53
How do we do part 1 of that again? Any way to switch in-game with a console command?

LordElrond
03-06-2006, 23:22
I'm not sure about a console command that can switch it. I'm sure you know about perfect spy (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58618&highlight=perfect+spy) and the small edits you can do with it to take control of different factions in your campaign. If not, that link tells you how to do it. Hope this helps.

LE

EDIT: O'ETAIPOS meant to spell "naval" correctly. It is not mispelled in the file that you are searching for it in.

PseRamesses
03-06-2006, 23:29
It seems that there is only navy port in Salamis, and this is NOT creating port graphics on camp map.
2 (before start) go to Data\World\maps\campain\imperial_campain and open file descr_strat.
Move to the entry "numidia - Ptolemaioi" below you will find lists of buildings in cities.
Move to one named Kypros. Find entry type navy_port navial_bay and replace it with type port_buildings port

Thx O´etaipos. I´m one turn away from building a ship there and thus crashing the game. Didn´t observe that I didn´t have a port, thx Foot.

Dooz
03-06-2006, 23:32
Ah yes, there was a difference in the new patches EBBS text file. Basically the commands were already there and you just have to take out the semicolon for whichever one you wish to activate. I had just changed the faction name and it didn't work at first. Anyhoo, thanks for the fixes goodsires.