PDA

View Full Version : PCPP MTW2 Preview

sapi
03-09-2006, 10:15
PC powerplay (Australian Mag) previewed mtw2 in this month's edition. There's nothing we dont' know in the text, but i noticed some interesting things in the screenshots. {I can't upload for copyright reasons}

1) Troop numbers. It may just be me, but there's a hell of a lot of guys on screen, more than rtw iirc

2) Castles. The full page screenie shows a castle (with two walls! Horray!) perched up on a hill, with a relitively narrow path leading up to it - in short, the terrain is looking fantastic; i'm just hoping that you get to choose where to put the castles (not towns, i know there's no way that'll happen)

3) Armour is now showing blood and other signs of combat

Oh, and they're really pressing the 'units are not identical' line. Good for us.

sapi.

Zenicetus
03-09-2006, 19:45
That screenshot was posted on another thread here (can't remember which one), and yeah.... the castle approach looked impressive. Since they're trying to make the terrain more important for sieges, I'll bet you won't have a choice on where to build castles.

Regaring the "blood".... I saw that, but thought it could also have been rust. Maybe they're hedging their bets, so they can call it rust and we can use our imagination for other things, and they still keep the PG game rating.

Zatoichi
03-09-2006, 21:39
Regaring the "blood".... I saw that, but thought it could also have been rust. Maybe they're hedging their bets, so they can call it rust and we can use our imagination for other things, and they still keep the PG game rating.

Nope - that's blood. CA have stated that as units go through battles, they'll get increasingly bloodied.

Whether you'll be able to bathe in this blood for a week remains to be confirmed.

Zenicetus
03-09-2006, 22:22
Ahh... cool, thanks for the update. This is good. I don't need to see gushing arteries and severed limbs, but a little nod towards bloodshed is nice for immersion. The RTW armies look way too pristine, both during and after the battles.