PDA

View Full Version : Concern

nic
03-11-2006, 18:53
The sad thing for me is that these skins are so good and most will not feature in EB my favourte modification. EB needs another 250 skins before the final release and at this rate that will take forever (if it ever happens). The problem is that while there is no shortage of people who can edit text files and do research there is a chronic shortage of skinners/moddelers. This is why so many mods die or don't release anything. Many modders who do have those skills want to do many projects and spread themselves too thinly. I count 20 modifications of note in developement and the more that start the slower they all get done (many have not relesed anything). Does the community need 3 total conversions set in the same timeframe? It means a great repetition of work. There aren't enough skinners/moddelers to sustain so many projects.

I know I have no right to complain and what you do in your free time is up to you and I hope your mod is a great sucess, I just felt like getting this off my chest. I have faith that this mod will be awesome. However some modders announce big projects with small teams that you know will never get done and they just drain resources away from the more important projects that might.

O.K rant over. If I had the ability and there were enough skinners/moddlers to go round I would love to see a mod depicting the Enligh Civil War. It would have mabye 4 factions and a smaller map. I think for new projects that would be the way to go.

PROMETHEUS
03-12-2006, 12:01
This modification is not like EB , it tries to keep as close as possible the CA gameplay and at the same time change the look of the units to a more realistic one ....