PDA

View Full Version : ROMAN LEGACY (From Caesar to the End )

Gaius Julius Caesar
03-11-2006, 22:13
ROMAN LEGACY - From Cesar to the END - Its my Idea abot a new Campaign that also containts mods from here and also new ideas from me ( if this could be make is a question to the modders of this community pls give your oppinion or critics)

So this Campaign starts 100BC (the birth year of Julius Cesar). If this Campaign could better be made for BI or RTW (1.5)would be decide by the modders and end 450 AD. One of the sons of the Iullii members would be called Gaius Iulius Cesar and be 0 years old by the start of the campaign. this Campaign would use the MM map and mod the Enhancement Pack mod for RTW and BI and also Attilas Skins. I think this is enough for a new map , units and also skins and features.
The factions are all from RTW at the beginning of the Campaign. that would be changes during the campaign. Because we use the MM map would use the cities name to explain the start positions of the Factions in this Campaign from this map.In RTW we have 20 Factions with rebels i read that we could have 21 Factions in a Campaign in a thread here. Because that is my oppinion to implementate from beggining a new faction the celts from BI into this Campaign they would have also the Feature like in BI to build hordes, is also a available faction and it will start in Irland with 2 provinces (Emain Macha and Ivernis).
We need for that a realistical Roman Empire that it was on 100 BC and that may look so : ( here a map for that) http://www.roman-empire.net/maps/em...nt/100bc-2.html
So the Roman Senate would have all the Features from the Enhancement Mod and will hold only one Province : Rome
-The House of Julii will start like in MM + hold Genua,Mediolanum(Capital)(and contains a Average Tempel Of Horse from Iberia ),Patavium,Salona, Tolosa,Emporion,Saguntum,Carthago Nova, Gadir and Bochorris(island).
-The Scipii House also start like in MM +Carthago , Sicilia Island (complete), Sardinia Island (Caralis) and Halicarnassus,Sardis,Pergamum,Ipsus and Tarsus.
-The Brutii House also like in MM + + hold Corsica island (Aleria) ,Sparta,Corinth, Athen,Thermon, Rhodes,Larissa, Ambracia and Pella (grecee,macedonia)
-Carthago have nothing more in Iberia they have only Lepcis Magna and Hippo Regius + Cydaus.
-Grecee(spartans) is a protectorat of Rome (Senate) in Chalcis.
-Macedonia is a protectorat of Rome (Senate) in Mytilene.(Lesbos Island)
-Dacia starts now in Sarmisegetuza(Capital)not in Buridava.
all the others factions starts like in MM.
to the other BI factions i think we could implementate them in the following way with a event like the Marian reforms event for the roman factions.
For example : Scythia will be replaced with Sarmatia from the beginning and in 200 AD they can build the new units from BI for sarmatia and also hordes if this is not possible from beginning. the same way will Parthia replaced by Sassanidia , Numidia by Berbia, the Iberians (spanish) by the vandals, Gallic by the Franks, germans by the Allemans and the britons by romano-britons.
For Romans we have to implementate a new Marian Reforms event the Constantin Reforms. then will the julii be the western empire and the scipii the eastern empire. The brutii will be the rebels from Romans (western). Also we have to implementate a global event the Christianity to can build the new Christian churches and to have the convert options.
The following factions must be eliminated in the campaign that we can put the new ones in also with a Year event :For example Carthago will be eliminated by the player in 55 Ad . they will come back (Event) in HORDES like the Slawians for Example.Or the pontic like the Roxolans , the armenians like the eastgoths or the dacians as the goths. If the Carthaginians are not eliminiated the event will not happen and thats it. We will let the player decide what for factions the Ai will have in this Campaign from the pool of BI and RTW but it must be possible to implementate all the factions from Bi if the human player decide to elminae all the other RTW factions.
I think with The Skins from Attila, with the Features and new Units by the Enhancement Pack mod and with the map and Mod from MM
we will this be the best and realistical Campaign that we can mod for this Game.
Oh yeah the Senate will not be available to play also not the rebels.And to the Targets....
Its simple conquer 150 Provinces and Rome or hold it and let the others factions be your slaves.
Whats your Opinion ??? is it possible to do that ?

Gaius Julius Caesar
03-11-2006, 22:16
new progress(from 05.03.2006) : the correct startpoints of every faction is now completely
The map would be that one from MM 2 including the mercenary units and the new symbols
the settlements name have now more realistical names
the win conditions are now completely for the factions
The new progress are that i bring borsooks enhancement pack to work with 1.5-1.6 also my mod.I implementate the night battles options like in BI. also i implementate the client kingdoms mod into it.here the info for it Client Kingdoms Mod . now i work to introduce the modding legions pack 1.3b skins into it also the cards .The Julian Family Three are now not historically but a new one that contains historical correctly members of the julio-claudian family. Caesar father and grand father are now in with their wifes also likes caesar uncles like Gaius Marius or Sextus Julius Caesar.

Gaius Julius Caesar
03-11-2006, 22:27
0.How can I change the senate (first)missions ? Because when I start with the Julii i have the mission to take genua but genua is now already mine , also as scipii to take messana (is already scipii) and as brutii salona is also already in the empire ???

1.The biggest Problem is to implementate buildings. At first in the MM campaign its a province called Cydamae with its town Cydaus.
in the descr_strat of this campaign you couldnt find that province. I dont know why ?? Carthago and Athen starts with Imperial Palaces. Athen has a Imperial Palace and a big Theatre and its hold by the Brutii (thats ok ). Carthago has all the carthaginians Buildings at the last level of expansion. but if I put the province into scipiis hands (into the descr_strat) when I start then the game i have romans buildings no more carthaginians . But I want that it looks so that Carthago was conquered by the scipii and not builded by this. So I want that from beginning the Scipii hold Carthago but Carthago have all the buildings in carthaginian style. I let this "faction creator carthage " there but is not working. That is only carthaginian look on the campaign map but thats it . he haved roman buildings when i changed it into scipiis faction. How can i do that ??? also with the horse temple in Mediolanum I didnt have any problems

2.It isnow possible or not to put protectorates factions fom beggining on the map. When yes how ? I try this out the Greek cities and the macedons are allied now with each other and I want that they are now protectorates of Rome. I did put the line in in the descr'_strat that they are protectorates of Rome but in the game they are only allied with Rome (Senate). Macedonia and also Greek Cities have now only one province

3.i need a tutorial how to implementate new events ! i didnt find one. not here or in twcenter. i need 2 new marian reforms events can i duplicate the first one or so ?? the first one augustus reforms th second on the constantine reforms that implementate the roman bi units. also to the factions
it it possible rememerge the faction or shadowed they ex gaul and celts or so.
or is it possible also with a event lik the marian reforms to change in the gam the complet faction ?
fo example gauls and celts : the human plays the julii conquered the gauls and let them only one province and they are protectorate so in 250 ad fe come an historic event and the symbols the name k also the units of the gaul faction are be changed to the celts ?:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: