PDA

View Full Version : Rome Total War 2 - MOD

Delenda est Carthago
03-14-2006, 14:28
Hi all
This post is to announce a Roman era conversion for the upcoming M2TW. I will lead the project and do some general coding... (but not scripting *shudders*)

Don't get me wrong, i love the medieval era, but as a budding ancient historian i feel that RTW had a more interesting time period.

The mod's time period will probably be 250 BC - 100 AD, this will allow some Imperial Roman fun, as well as giving us some time to play with other factions, such as the Greeks, carthaginians etc....

The aim of the mod would be to look at things that RTW did well, and use them, and then look at things that were not so good and fix them, all using CA's glorious new game engine!

I KNOW that there are people out there who want this kind of thing (there have been questions on this board about CA doing a R2TW) so don't pretend you are not interested.... Yes, YOU!

So, I will need:
Skinners
Modellers
More coders
Scripters (maybe)
People who can do map editing
But mainly for now (until the game comes out) i will need people who can DRAW - for some concept art...

I am asoory, but we no longer need more researchers, we have 4 now and i think that will be enough for the moment! If we need any more then i will say so... Sorry if this dissapoints anyone....

If you are interested in becoming part of the team then PM me or reply to this post. There is a reason for announcing the mod early and getting to work on it, and that is this: the earlier it is announced, the more time i have to assemble a good team, and start getting some ideas floating about... (If this gets off the ground then i will get us a forum as well)

I hope to hear from all you keen modders out there!

Here is a PROVISIONAL LIST of team members (subject to change!)
Delenda est Carthago (me) - Project lead, coding
Marly - not sure yet, general modding!
kiwusek - Map editing, concept art
Atheniandpa - historical research
Gothaur - "ancient history guru" (historical research)
Palpatyne Tyford - not sure of specifics yet, general modding!
Dionysius the Mighty - Historical research

DeC

Gtafanboy
03-14-2006, 21:44
We have Rome Total War already...

Delenda est Carthago
03-14-2006, 22:44
Ahh, so we do, but that does not have all of the lovely features that M2TW has.....

basically, this mod is designed to keep the ancient flag flying in this brave new world of pixel shading and HDR.... I love RTW, but M2TW has some amazing features to its name and so i would like to use these features in my favourite period of history!

Gtafanboy
03-15-2006, 02:09
Ahh, so we do, but that does not have all of the lovely features that M2TW has.....

basically, this mod is designed to keep the ancient flag flying in this brave new world of pixel shading and HDR.... I love RTW, but M2TW has some amazing features to its name and so i would like to use these features in my favourite period of history!
Just for clarification, WHAT new features does MTW2 have compared to RTW?

screwtype
03-15-2006, 04:16
Just for clarification, WHAT new features does MTW2 have compared to RTW?

Better eye candy! ~;p

dark_shadow89
03-15-2006, 05:23
Prom is already starting an RTW2 mod ;)

03-15-2006, 05:34
Perhaps you should pick another name if you intend to name your mod Rome 2: Total War. Because I have the feeling that it's not completely impossible that CA decide to remake RTW with a new engine and new graphics etc. So maybe it would be better to think of something else for the name and then avoid future hassle.

Ach!

Duke John
03-15-2006, 07:02
I think you'd better get in the team of Prometheus as he already has the experience and talent to make an excellent Rome mod: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=59993

Delenda est Carthago
03-15-2006, 14:05
I have PMd Prometheus.
We MIGHT be merging together

Tyford
03-17-2006, 23:42
I'll be able to subtitle films etc. (with the help of text files - I am hard of hearing) for Rome 2 and modify text files for descriptions etc. I have made various bug fixers for Medieval and Shogun, so I could also fix certain bugs with M2TW, depending on the problems that arise. Adding coding is also not a problem. I could also write Historical Battles or Campaigns for single and multiplayer, so "general modding" kind of fits the job I'd be doing.

I also know a fair bit about Hannibal Barca/Basrid, the Punic Wars and Carthage. There is a theory that Hannibal Barca had a son with a Spanish princess. Maybe that could be implemented.

The question I wanted to ask is:
Is this project going to be like RTW or RTR?
I can work with either easily, so no problems there.

Tyford
03-17-2006, 23:44
Oh yes, a message board could also be set up at InvsionFree or similar. I have already set up a Message Board for Deaf Direct.