PDA

View Full Version : PMTW 2 - the mod for MTW 2

cegorach
03-15-2006, 09:29
All right guys I have closed the old RTW thread, because we won't use RTW for the next edition of PMTW anyway.

This new thread will be used to define the new edition before the release of MTW 2.

Things like what factions should be added will be discussed here.

For now let us assume that only 21 factions can be used including rebels.

Another thing is the starting date and the size of the map.

I am in favour of a new proposal from NTW forum - to expand the map to reach middle India and central Asia, I persoanlly would like to have a part of America as well.

So I propose the following:

Starting date - 1572 - the new twist in French religious wars, just after the Lublin union in Poland, at that time Dutch rebellion was pretty strong as well.

Map size - from Mexico to central India.

Factions

1.Scotland,

2.England,

3. Spain

4.France,

5.Hugenots,

6.the Dutch,

7. Danemark,

8.Sweden,

9.Protestant alliance ( protestant german states),

10.Hapsburg Empire ( includes southern catholic german states),

11. Venice,

12. Italian states - Genoa, Florence etc put together,

13. The Ottoman Empire,

14.Transylvania,

15. Poland-Lithuania,

16. Russia,

17.The Crimean Tatars,

18.Persia,

19.Uzbek Khorde,

20. Moghul India

21 - rebels

I hope that a larger number of factions can be added this way we could place:

- Circassia,

- Moldavia/Wallachia,

- split protestant german states into Saxony, Brandenburg and something else,

- take Bavaria from Hapsbugh controll,

- split italian states as well

- Portugal,

- maybe add some early Cossacks

+ maybe something completely different - Barbary Coast, Iroquis etc.

30 factions would be quite enough.

I think that this idea is quite good, overall and by settin the starting date for 1572 we would avoid adding too many medieval-like units as well - more space for even more detailed army lists for the factions. mercenaries ans rebells.

Now your proposals.

Regards Cegorach :wall:

Radier
03-15-2006, 10:54
I looks good Ceg but I am afraid the map woud be too big. If it does not lag it is ok, but if it really is too big I think you shall make one campaign for America and one for Europa/Asia.

Just my 2 cents...

P.s. You can't imagine how happy I am that you will make this mod wor MTW 2. Fills my heart with joy! :2thumbsup:

beauchamp
03-15-2006, 17:50
Persia! Sweet!
Depending on how big the map is, we could include the Mughals and maybe Transoxia. Meaning we could simulate russian eastern expansion, Portugese, French and Portugese expansion overseas and even African nations.

YanTraken
03-15-2006, 19:04
Yeap,everything sounds fine,but who`s gonna do all that stuff:laugh4:
Well I` think We need to wait for M2TW release to see how the basic campaign map looks like.If it`s to big -Radier gave here splendid idea:)
Starting date seems to be reconsidered!
P.S.This "Rome"serial is stunning.At last Total Realism!

cegorach
03-16-2006, 08:22
Don't worry about the size of the map - EB team expanded RTW map enormously and it is not the maximum size, I believe. :2thumbsup:

Inal_the_Great
03-16-2006, 08:39
If you need historical research I might be able to help you with Circassia, Scots, Mughal and Ottomans.

Seems like:

It will be quite abit different than the original one (which is not actually a bad thing.)

We might lose some detail as there will be more factions, (more factions + less attention to each individual faction) and early versions might lack abit of content in some nations because of this.

---------------
1572: Hmm how about reconsidering the end date also than ? :laugh4:

1715: or something... ? :inquisitive:

I am quite excited (Saying quite not very because there is a looong looooong way to goooo since TWII .) :shame:

All Heil, Pike&Musket 2 ! :bow:

cegorach
03-16-2006, 08:50
Mughal India would be cool :idea2:

beauchamp
03-16-2006, 15:59
:idea2:
Just realized, If we did mughal, then we could add Afgahns, which means Nadir Shah! and if one was so inclined, we could reconstruct the 7-years war in India.

cegorach
03-16-2006, 16:06
Yes, if there will be enough space in the faction slots, but we can always add some rebells :book:

Radier
03-16-2006, 16:40
This is what I am a bit worried about. If the unitlimit and the provincelimit are relatively small in MTW 2 we don't get the kind of detailed scenario we want, and instead there will be little room for native/provincial units. If you instead make different map (I know it means more work) there will be room for much more detail, which of course means more work will say. But anyhow I trust you are making wise desicions... :bow:

cegorach
03-16-2006, 17:13
The map will be different, obviously, but for now let's make sure we have everything ready from the paper work i.e. unit list ( rather done), faction descriptions, heroes' lists, sources about architecture like for example Scandinavian villages in late XVIth and XVIIth century and generally everything we can expect to be useful.

Regards Cegorach :book:

polski_orzel
03-22-2006, 05:27
umm well I was planning on making an Empires Total War mod for MTW2, it is set in the same time era. maybe check it out in my forum for details. I was wondering maybe we can work together, or we can sorta morph.

http://s12.invisionfree.com/Empires_TW/index.php?act=idx

polski_orzel
03-22-2006, 05:30
but I probably won't be checking back here so often so if you want to cooperate please post at my forum :) that link again is http://s12.invisionfree.com/Empires_TW/index.php?act=idx

YanTraken
03-22-2006, 20:36
abaut the end date-what it`ll be?
If something around 1720-30 here`s let us say a "new" unit for the Two Nations Republic.
https://img363.imageshack.us/img363/1948/3hussars4vf.th.jpg (https://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3hussars4vf.jpg)

YanTraken
03-24-2006, 10:02
To Cegorach:
You wrote that OiM team changed hussars animations.Where can we see it?
P.S.
-M2TW screenshots are showing us that there can be a few appearances of the same unit(pikeman for example).That gives us an opportunity to show multiple hussars and pancerni armour.The same with other unit types:).Isn`t that wonderful!!
https://img50.imageshack.us/img50/1042/yantrakenhussararmour7iu.th.jpg (https://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yantrakenhussararmour7iu.jpg)
-there can be also few kinds of banners/flags on the battlefield(for archers,knights etc.) but I`m afraid there are no the big ones used in XVI-XVII cent.

Cegorach:I have a great book about hussar armours and if You started collecting materials for the mod I can scan and send them to You.I can do the same with Polish battle flags.

cegorach
03-24-2006, 11:45
It is not required, it is all done.

The new Husaria is still beeing remade, because their lances were hold in a wrong way.

@Polski_orzeł

I will think about it, but the problem is that your idea is to add China, Japan and other states we can't place at all. Still we can exchenge some data or something...

Regards Cegorach :book:

Voevod al Moldovei
03-25-2006, 16:59
hmm map expansions then wouldn't that just be like rise of nations i would get bored with so many towns and terrains centrilization makes the game more fun. anyway maybe thats what they'll make in the future World:Total War across all ages and continents some huge game that will be

polski_orzel
03-26-2006, 05:17
yes, I understand why you would not want some of my ideas.
Also to those of you who think that a map extension would get boring to due the number of towns and provinces, Im not just gonna have a thousan in Europe and a thousand in asia. I will make it nice and even. Europe will be like maybe 35-40 provinces Asian+ Northern Africe will be 45-50.

cegorach
03-28-2006, 12:44
It seems more and more probable that MTW 2 will allow adding up to 30 faction.
This way we could add 9 more ( rebels probably won't take any space, but Pope who is very useful in PMTW 2 as well takes this space).

So the question is what factions should we add.

Maybe

1. Wallachia/Moldavia,

2.Circassia,

3.Saxony,

4.Brandenburg,

5.Bavaria,

6. Florence,

7.Barbary States,

8.Afghanistan,

9.Iroquis Federation(it was founded in 1570)

+ space left by removing some italian and german states would be taken by

- Genoa,

- The Knights of St.John

OR do you think that we could replace some of those with Georgia, Portugal, Ireland and Palatinate ?? :book:

beauchamp
03-29-2006, 02:38
Ive got the coolest faction idea!
Dependant on how long the mod goes, we could include the great empire of Mali and Songhay!
I will post some pictures, but just imagine Burno cavalry, full coated African knigts in league with Tuareg mauraders and a vast wealth of gold and ivory!!!

Inal_the_Great
03-29-2006, 07:38
Wow I felt like a 2 year old child trying to understand whats going on around him... Man I only heard Mali in Civilization 4, all I know is they exist somewhere in Africa and they build a quite strong empire. :dizzy2:

cegorach
03-29-2006, 08:34
Beauchamp

Please post the information in a seperate thread - start it and name it any way you find suitable.

I do not promise anything, though...:book:

beauchamp
03-30-2006, 00:04
Toll! Will do!

Voevod al Moldovei
04-29-2006, 23:11
definetley walachia/moldavia

but i am a bit biased

Inal_the_Great
04-30-2006, 07:13
Put Circassia in forget about Cossacks, Tatars, Georgians...

(Yea I am abit biased too! :laugh4: )

cegorach
05-12-2006, 14:34
Some really good news about MTW2 - the firearm units use revolving ranks i.e. when a rank shoots it moves behind, to the last rank allowing another rank to discharge their wepons.

Now I am confident the mod will be fine. I hope we find a way to add dragoons as well...:book:

cegorach
05-14-2006, 10:22
So it is confirmed - cavalry will be able to dismount/remount before a battle - now we have everything I am sure. :2thumbsup:

Radier
05-15-2006, 13:33
Hurray!

~:cheers: ~:cheers:

The_Doctor
08-18-2006, 21:56
I had an idea about cities and castles.

If you can disable the switching between cities and castles thing, you could have accurately placed castles on the map. The castle provinces would be as small as you can make them.

For example:
https://img343.imageshack.us/img343/9120/examplest1.th.png (https://img343.imageshack.us/my.php?image=examplest1.png)

danfda
08-19-2006, 14:57
The problem with that is that you run out of provinces way too quickly; many provinces would actually be two or three! RTW allowed for 199 (I think) but those go by rather quickly when you're dealing with that large an expanse of territory. Otherwise, good idea.

I don't know how the economy and population would work though. If it could be set so that the castles drew from the city province, then all right. But if it was its own province, balancing could be an issue as well.

The_Doctor
08-19-2006, 17:51
The problem with that is that you run out of provinces way too quickly

Good point. Hopefully they have increased the limit. If not, the idea could be used for smaller campaigns, eg, English Civil war, 30 years war, 80 years war etc.

If it could be set so that the castles drew from the city province, then all right.

That would be good, there could be a button in the castle that transfers X number of people from the city to the castle.

We will have to wait to find out.

cegorach
08-19-2006, 18:12
Exactly.:2thumbsup:

The_Doctor
08-22-2006, 12:15
I had some more ideas.:idea2:

1. Industry building. eg. If a province has cotton in it, a cotton plantation can be built which produces cotton, which acts like a trading item. Then the province can build a cloth maker, which produces cloth that also acts like a trading item. Then there would be a larger cotton plantation upgrade, which increases the value of the cotton, because more of it is being exported. Then a larger cloth maker upgrade can be built, etc. I am not sure if this idea is possible.

2. Fish. Docks increase growth rate because of fishing.

3. Colonial buildings. Buildings that can only be built in the new world. eg, slave trade things, colonial government things.

danfda
08-24-2006, 15:05
1. Industry building. eg. If a province has cotton in it, a cotton plantation can be built which produces cotton, which acts like a trading item. Then the province can build a cloth maker, which produces cloth that also acts like a trading item. Then there would be a larger cotton plantation upgrade, which increases the value of the cotton, because more of it is being exported. Then a larger cloth maker upgrade can be built, etc. I am not sure if this idea is possible.

It should be possible (maybe). MTW has events that can add new trade items, so maybe the construction of new bldgs can trigger that event. Doing it that way probably makes it a one-time deal, though.

The_Doctor
08-24-2006, 17:23
It should be possible (maybe). MTW has events that can add new trade items, so maybe the construction of new bldgs can trigger that event. Doing it that way probably makes it a one-time deal, though.

But this M2TW, which we don't much about.

A disadvantage to all the industry building would be that you are more dependent on trade, so you will need to protect your ports/roads more and have better relations with foreign powers. Which is good because it will add more strategy to the game.

Deus ret.
08-25-2006, 21:56
A disadvantage to all the industry building would be that you are more dependent on trade, so you will need to protect your ports/roads more and have better relations with foreign powers. Which is good because it will add more strategy to the game.

Don't forget that in RTW the difference between trading with a foreign power or your own cities was neglectable to a great extent. If MTW2 adapts the trade scheme from RTW (rather likely, given its overall proximity to its predecessor - please correct me if I'm wrong in that) the industry would simply be an additional income for its city, pretty much independent from outer circumstances - a kind of special resource, more like a (MTW-style) mine.

personally I like the idea quite a lot and would appreciate a greater weight of foreign powers in MTW2, also in the field of trade relations (through their mere existence). RTW just made plain conquering too tempting and also too simple.

cegorach
09-08-2006, 13:01
It is confirmed

http://pc.ign.com/articles/731/731089p3.html

THE WARWAGONS ARE IN THE MTW 2 !:balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :2thumbsup:

Now there is everything we need :2thumbsup:

The_Doctor
09-08-2006, 15:19
THE WARWAGONS ARE IN THE MTW 2 !

That is good news.:2thumbsup:

I would how they will work?

cegorach