PDA

View Full Version : New historical battles

cegorach
03-16-2006, 08:37
New historical battles I plan for the mod - both editions if possible.

Vaslui 1475
-----------

Play as Moldavian leader Stephen the Great and defeat massive Turkish-Tatar army. Use your heavily armed Polish-Hungarian allies to great effect.

Orsza 1514
----------

Play as the Lithuanian-Polish forces and defeat massive Russian army.
The anniversary of the battle was the national holiday of Belorus - before Lukashenka banned it like the flag, the coat of arms and teaching in Belorussian...

Pavia 1525
----------

You play as the French and have to gather your scattered forces and defeat Spanish & Imperial forces.

Lubieszow 1577
--------------

Play as Polish royal army and defeat 6 times bigger rebel and mercenary army.

Gozow 1607
----------

Play as Polish royalist or rebel commander and defeat your enemy, but... without killing too many.

Lutzen 1632
-----------

Play as Swedes or Imperial forces and defeat your foe without too many losses.

Ochmatow 1644
-------------

Play as Tatar commander and defeat at least one of Polish armies trying to outflank you.

Marston Moor 1644
-----------------

Play as Royalist or Parliamentarian commander and defeat your enemy without too many losses.

Dunbar 1650
-----------

Play as English commander Oliver Cromwell and defeat more numerous Scottish army.

Warka 1656
----------

Play as Swedes and defeat 3 times more numerous Polish troops.

Warsaw 1656
-----------

Defeat 2-3 times larger Polish-Lithuanian army leading Swedish-Brandenburgian forces.

in progress i.e. gathering data or I haven't decided yet.

Trzciana 1629

As Polish commander Stanislaw Koniecpolski defeat more numerous Gustavus Adolphus army.

Rocroi 1643

As French or Spanish commander defeat your enemy without too many losses.

Kniaze Bajraki 1648

After the defeat at Zolte Wody ( Yellow Water) you try to escape protecting yourself with wagons.

Polonka 1660

As Lithuanian-Polish commander you have to defeat Russian forces protected by streams and swamps.

Basia 1660

As above, maybe available from Russian point of view as well.

Walhoff 1626

As Polish commander defeat 3 times larger Gustavus Adolphus Swedes.

New historical campaigns

'Furious and careless - Montrose's campaign'
--------------------------------------------

battles still to be chosen, but I will post soon which battles will be in.

For now I can choose from:

Tibbermore 1644, Aberdeen 1644, Inverlochy 1645, Auldearn 1645 ( this one will appear for sure), Alford 1645, Kilsyth 1645, Philiphaugh 1645, Carbisdale 1650

'Path to betrayal - Janusz Radziwill campaign'
----------------------------------------------

Lojow 1649

Cavalry battle vs. more numerous Cossack forces.

Nowa Woda 1654

Suprise assault of Lithuanian army at Russian camp - kill as many as possible and run away !

Szklow 1654

Very hard battle against 10 times larger Russian army, try to repeat Radziwill's feat.

Szepielewicze 1654

Defeat enemy or save most of your army facing huge Russian forces.

'Stopping the czambuls - Sobieski's masterpiece'
------------------------------------------------

As Polish commander Jan Sobieski defeat more numerous Tatar forces in a series of running battles with your army weaker and weaker after each clash...

Battles to be chosen...

You can add your proposals, but I will need rather detailed data in addition the battles should be rather HARD to win.

In fact almost all of the battles above were won by the forces you will be expected to lead ( except Pavia, Ochmatow, Szepielewicze, Warka ), so you will have to repeat some impressive military achievements, some very impressive ( see Szklow as the good example).

The battles will be prepared for MTW VI and MTW 2 edition, if possible 1 soldier will represent 1 person in the real battle, but it is usually impossible.

Regards Cegorach :dizzy2:

Radier
03-16-2006, 14:15
Wow, alot of battles. With good historical information they will be way better than my history lessions. Thank's Ceg. :2thumbsup:

YanTraken
03-16-2006, 15:21
I hope They don`t teach You only about Carolus Gustavus;),and You`re right -they can be very helpfully,especially for some history lamers.

Jag onska du trevlig P&M Mod spel !:juggle2: :sweatdrop:

Radier
03-16-2006, 15:45
Yes I am a history lamer. ~;)

And good swedish there! Wished I could reply in polish but I can't. :wall:

Ceg what do you think of the battle of Narva 20 Nov 1700 a.d? Is the timeframe wrong?

"On November 20, 1700 (Julian calendar) the 8,140 man strong main force under King Charles XII engaged the Russian Army that was besieging the Swedish (now Estonian) city of Narva. The main Swedish force was assisted by around 2,500 men from within the city. The Russian army had great numerical superiority, numbering about 37,000 troops. Swedish sources from the time, still quoted in some literature, claimed that the Russians numbered 80,000 to 100,000; this might be a reasonable number when including the Russian support machinery of civilians, soldiers' wives and families.

The Swedish Army was commanded by the king himself, assisted by General Carl Gustav Rehnskiöld, and the Russian Army was commanded by Charles Eugène de Croy. Tsar Peter had left the army just days before.

The Swedish Army went into action at noon, protected by a blizzard blowing into the Russians' eyes, blinding them. The Swedes broke through the Russian lines and put the entire Russian army in a panic.

The casualties were relatively high for both sides, but the battle was a great Swedish victory. Sweden lost only 667 men (almost 7%) and the Russian army lost about 15,000 men, many of whom fled the battlefield, only to drown in the Narva River.

The remaining Russians capitulated and were given full quarter after turning over their weapons. Over 20,000 muskets were turned over to the Swedes."

cegorach
03-16-2006, 16:10
For now let's concentrate on those from the real pike and musket period i.e. before the Great Northern War and similar, later we can always add these as well... :2thumbsup:

Radier
03-16-2006, 16:26
You are right. :bow:

Can't wait to play them all... And I shall try to be victorious in everyone. :2thumbsup:

cegorach
03-16-2006, 18:00
If you won Obertyn at the hardest level you might expect more difficult batles on the list above especially Szkłów 1654 - 10 to 1 ! Only recently I have read about this battle and it captured my imagination completely :dizzy2:

beauchamp
03-17-2006, 06:57
You have to do chaldiran and Merv, that is all I will request. Chaldiran especially changed the whole fate of the muslim empires even unto today.

Inal_the_Great
03-17-2006, 07:34
For Ottomans

I agree with Battle of Chaldiran.
I also know abit about the Chaldiran Battle maybe can help you.

You should add Siege of Vienna also imho. (2nd)