PDA

View Full Version : How to easily balance unit statistics

Nero
03-16-2006, 15:43
Hey guys;

I have been working on a tool for quite some time (basically I have just quit developing it about three months ago, and decided to finish it today). The tool saves you a lot of time when balancing units. It calculates the statistics when you move a slider, or click a button. Actually putting the stats into the game still requires some effort, like reading the tutorial in the vanilla export_descr_unit.txt file, and some common sense, but the calculations are very fast now. Here's the download link:

http://www.riseofpersia.com/developers/tools/UnitStatsTool.rar

Instructions:

When loaded, this file asks you to enable macros. The macros are the sliders and buttons I'm using in the xls, so you have to choose to continue using macros. It's safe.

Further instructions are in the excel sheet. I recommend using CA's guide in export_descr_unit.txt to actually put the stats to work, or the Caligula Unit Editor.

Notes:

The calculations I've made are all based on Swapthing's balancing tables.

---

A small question to you all. I've made this file on a Dutch version of Microsoft Excel, but I'm not sure whether it's compatible with English or other languages, or OpenOffice, or not. I'd like to have some confirmation from you guys whether it works properly or not.

Monkwarrior
03-16-2006, 16:47
Compatible with the Spanish version of MSExcel.
Thanks a lot.:2thumbsup:

Nero
03-16-2006, 17:45
Cool:)

Good luck using it.:2thumbsup: