PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a Fantasy mod for M2TW?

RTW King
03-25-2006, 13:48
Just wondering if anyones been planning mods for M2TW. I've spent a long time coming up with a plan for a fantasy mod, but I didn't want to release all my ideas onto the RTW section if it would better to make the mod for M2TW. So, it anyones would be interested in playing or maybe even helping with a fantasy mod for M2TW, just say here. If there's some interest, I'll post all my ideas, and with all the history etc. I've come up with that will take quite a lot of time.

Ultras DVSC
03-25-2006, 18:49
MTW2 will be a nice fantasy "mod" anyway... ~;)

hellenes
03-25-2006, 20:29
Just wondering if anyones been planning mods for M2TW. I've spent a long time coming up with a plan for a fantasy mod, but I didn't want to release all my ideas onto the RTW section if it would better to make the mod for M2TW. So, it anyones would be interested in playing or maybe even helping with a fantasy mod for M2TW, just say here. If there's some interest, I'll post all my ideas, and with all the history etc. I've come up with that will take quite a lot of time.

Im not sure if LOTR is of your taste but there is a FANTASTIC mod out for RTW:
http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/index.php?showforum=98

Hellenes

Dutch_guy
03-25-2006, 20:45
I personally prefer realism above fantasy.

Though I'd make an exception for any decent LOTR mod !

:balloon2:

Martok
03-28-2006, 08:50
Though I'd make an exception for any decent LOTR mod !

:balloon2:

Ditto that! Of course, I'd love to see a fantasy TW game, period, but I know I'm in the minority in that regard.

Sarmatian
03-30-2006, 03:25
One more person interested. But not I would like more forgotten realms setting than lotr

Dol Guldur
03-30-2006, 20:59
Yes, there are a few mods out for LOTR (see my sig :) ) but there are plenty of other fantasy mods out there too (such as Wheel of Time, Westeros etc.). These kind of mods will always struggle though, consider the difficulty compared to a roman-era mod or even a historical mod. Though NTW and its kin are a later historical mod, it still does not have to establish new races as most fantasy mods would and all historical mods have reference concept artwork which fantasy mods, unless based heavily upon a film-version, do not. The amount of work, and believe me I've worked on one since October 04, is staggering!

There have been core members of the Fourth Age consistently putting in over 30 hours of work per week (and some a lot more at times!). Just a warning.

Think *very* carefully before you engage any such venture!

Make sure you have at least half a dozen skilled and committed members (or those who are quick learners and have an aptitude for at least one aspect of modding).

I would strongly suggest you aim for a small mod too - no more than 6 factions and a small map. Take a section of the fantasy map and focus on that. You can always expand it later should you complete it.

allfathersgodi
04-12-2006, 03:18
In a mod, I got two ideas. The First of which is a mod based on the Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin and another is a 1632 Mod based on 1632 by Eric Flynt...

Unfortunately, I know nothing of modding...

Darren_Shan
04-12-2006, 14:18
I Am I Am!!!!