PDA

View Full Version : An official return & thank you

Boromir Of Gondor
03-27-2006, 12:55
Firstly, may I thank those people who have made STW WE playable again online and for hosting the server.

Also a thanks to shambles for letting me win my first MP game after three years in the wilderness. And Daveo for the games on saturday. Much fun was had, thank you. (I must remember the way to sort out those pesky ninja!)

Whilst I will only be online sporadically (too busy with new web design business) I'll look forward greatly to future battles.

Thanks again to those mentioned,

Boro...

Puzz3D
03-27-2006, 15:43
Hi Boromir,

Remember winning Elmark's 2v2 tournament back in Feb 2001? We were paired the night of the tournament, and had never played as allies before. I remember we played 5 rounds in an elimination style format in one continuous session of about 7 hours. You had trouble with drops that night but somehow never dropped during one of the battles. There were no restarts allowed if a drop occured after the first casualty. We did catch a break in the 3rd round when one of our opponents dropped early in the battle.

I played 2 battles on Sunday.

Boromir Of Gondor
03-27-2006, 16:08
Hi Boromir,

Remember winning Elmark's 2v2 tournament back in Feb 2001? We were paired the night of the tournament, and had never played as allies before. I remember we played 5 rounds in an elimination style format in one continuous session of about 7 hours. You had trouble with drops that night but somehow never dropped during one of the battles. There were no restarts allowed if a drop occured after the first casualty. We did catch a break in the 3rd round when one of our opponents dropped early in the battle.

I played 2 battles on Sunday.

How could I forget? it took me about ages to recover from that sleepless night!

Great fun though, and was well chuffed, especially as we had never played together before. It was definately one of those 'There is no chance in hell of us winning' scenarios, so therefore I never thought about it until about 07:40h gmt when our final opponents were routed from the field.

Any chance of my medal being returned? lol

That has to have been one of the very first tourneys.

I believe Elmo had a large hand in organising it.

Krasturak
03-28-2006, 16:58
Gah! Broromir! Gah!

Kas
04-16-2006, 22:33
Hello Boromir...and good old Krast:flowers:

Greetings from ye olde Kassie

Shaka_Khan
04-18-2006, 15:30
:laugh4: