PDA

View Full Version : Impassable Slopes

Puzz3D
04-03-2006, 15:57
The impassable slopes are not a new addition to the battlefield despite what Bob Smith says in that IGN interview. Impassable slopes were in STW. Also, STW had a very good weather system. It's interesting how the game is being improved by bringing back old features that are being presented as new features. The game could use some other old/new features brought back such as "squeezed to tight combat penaly", "nonstacking of stationary units", "obstructed view for shooters", "individual distance calculation for shooters", "downhill combat advantage", "larger battlefields", "correct movement speeds" and "one second combat cycle".

Lusted
04-03-2006, 16:18
They are talking about impassable slops and impassable walls, sort of like what was in MTW and RTw, but more developed.

Duke John
04-03-2006, 16:21
Impassable slopes were also present in R:TW.

But let me add:

Smoother cavalry charges
Cavalry not running at full speed until it hits something. R:TW infantry has an animation for charging that allows them to smoothly go from running speed to standing still. This was not the case with cavalry resulting in instant stops and the occasional cavalry catapulting through the unit.

Units can fire in limited ranks
Barbarian Invasion introduced crossbows. Crossbows that could be fired even when the unit was placed in 50 ranks deep. Restrict shooting to soldiers in the first 2 or 3 ranks, preferable moddable in a txt file (feature lost with R:TW).

Rank rotation for handgunners
Feature lost with R:TW, but understandable with new animation system and unnessarry for ancient warfare.

Furious Mental
04-03-2006, 17:14
I think they will have to have a system for volley firing. It would just be too ridiculous looking for them not to. And not corny overdone Hollywood type ridiculous either.

Puzz3D
04-03-2006, 18:03
I think they will have to have a system for volley firing. It would just be too ridiculous looking for them not to.
In the late 17th century, the English and Dutch armies adopted volley fire, coinciding with the adoption of the flintlock musket. All European nations adopted the volley fire method by the early 18th century.

anti_strunt
04-03-2006, 18:19
Volley firing would be indeed be a bit odd, even for the 16th century, but regardless most changes are certainly for the better, even if it only means bringing back some old, lost features...

Dooz
04-03-2006, 23:07
Volley fire was in MTW, no reason it shouldn't be in M2TW. Bringing back old features really seems like the best way to improve over RTW at this point... shame though that instead of that already having been the case and working on even better, newer features, it's old ones coming back tickling our fancies.... eh, I'll take it.

Voigtkampf
04-04-2006, 06:35
Impassable slopes were also present in M:TW.

Kraxis
04-04-2006, 21:34
Impassable slopes were also present in M:TW.
They were in fact present in the demo... I made a battle of one of the maps in the demo where the player army was camped behind an impassable slope.

So, what is this? I can only expect it tobe something else than what we are used to. If not, then it is truly odd... What is otherwise new? Turnbased strategic map and realtime battlemaps?

Kagemusha
04-06-2006, 14:51
The coming back of Volley fire seems very intresting...~;)

Darren_Shan
04-07-2006, 20:17
yay w000t

i always loved those ^^