PDA

View Full Version : New Multiplayer fakeserver

R'as al Ghul
04-03-2006, 18:22
The fakeserver is offline.

Konnichiwa.

Given the recent developments concerning the fakeserver, I decided to host the server temporarily on one of my private machines. I'll look into the possibilities to rent a Windows Server to keep it permanent.
From now on you can reach the fakeserver under:
shogun-fakeserver.dnsdojo.org

You need to change your internet.cfg file in the main Shogun folder to this:

ChatserverIPAddress = shogun-fakeserver.dnsdojo.org
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797
ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

I'll also set up a site for information here (http://www.die-hermetische-garage.de/).

:bow:

HiPlnzDrifta
04-03-2006, 21:25
i cant help myself

*Robots around the room for the next 30 seconds*

thnx m8, utter champion...

just try and promise us one thing....

if anything ever goes wrong please dont post any disturbing pictures of some poor guys genitalia over the bit where it says the server is down or up... :jawdrop:

i think i need counselling over that image...

ShinKamiizumi
04-04-2006, 00:50
Cant seem to connect. Internet.cfg is set per the above. Perhaps too busy? I hope so.

ShinKamiizumi
04-04-2006, 03:20
Got on for awhile...but alas no one there. I'll try back on SOS.

Trajanus
04-04-2006, 06:11
pure legend!

thanks for your efforts mate.

R'as al Ghul
04-04-2006, 08:44
just try and promise us one thing....

if anything ever goes wrong please dont post any disturbing pictures of some poor guys genitalia over the bit where it says the server is down or up... :jawdrop:

i think i need counselling over that image...

No worries. I've seen it, too and don't approve of it.
The funny thing is, since I made this announcement, the server of Hewhogotbanned is up again.
Well, I don't need/want any competition. I will keep the server running and the community can decide what to do.
Personally I would find it very sad if this incident would mean the end of an era.
I'll do my share to keep MP alive.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-05-2006, 17:50
Thanks R'as :bow:

Thread stuck.

Shin-GaiJin
04-05-2006, 19:46
Thank you, and thanks too to Shambles for all his efforts...let the fun REcommence :)

Welcome back Kamizumii I hope to catch up with you soon!

ShinGaiJin

Togakure
04-06-2006, 12:53
Hiya ShinKamiizumi-san :bow:. It's been a long time--nice to see you here.

Nice response to the community need, R'as :2thumbsup:.

Shin-GaiJin
04-06-2006, 18:00
Shambles server is still operational and he reports that it will remain so whilst ever it is still needed. He also states that if the community wishes to utilise R'as server then that is fine and providing that he is welcome, will join us on that server. Im posting in order to ascertain which server we will be using as a community.The last thing we want is the fragmenting of our small group. I will inform Shambles of our decision in due course.

ShinGaiJin

Sasaki Kojiro
04-06-2006, 18:10
I suggest we use R'as al ghul's server, since Shambles won't be able to post here to announce any problems with his.

Is there any technical reason to prefer one over the other?

R'as al Ghul
04-06-2006, 20:26
Is there any technical reason to prefer one over the other?

Well, as I've said I'm running it on a private machine.
It's not an optimal solution for me but I hadn't offered it if I wasn't serious about it.
Personally I am not involved in the Shambles-problem. I had my brawl with him months ago about the routing issue, that's all.
I just saw the panic and anger about the whole server incident and reacted.
After reading Gaijin post I thought, whatever, lets talk to Shambles and clear things up but than I went over to his site and read this (#####################################################/tos.htm).
It appears that the fight is still going on and I don't really want to be involved.

If you ask me, all of you and Shambles are welcome on my server 24-7. (so far I haven't seen anybody)
But I really would like to hear some more opinions from the community on how to solve this.

Drisos
04-07-2006, 15:54
Myself I don't agree with Shambles reactions to Tosa. I mean, it is out of line. However, I still consider him a friend, and hope he will join stw mp on whatever server.

A HUGE thanks to R'as for setting this up. :bow:

And, Pleased to meet you, Shin-Kamiizumi! :bow: Good to have another Shinkage player around, it might even stop Iguana from being lazy :P and join stw mp again as well:laugh4:

Tomisama
04-08-2006, 01:51
Drisos-san,

Can you logon to and play multiplayer on either server?

:inquisitive:

HiPlnzDrifta
04-08-2006, 03:45
yeah Drisos m8... can you log in??

it seems much easier and "crispier" to me than when i was logging in on the old server... if you have exactly the same setup as me, which it sounds you do, then it must either be an issue with your isp or some human error...

please try m8, it seems like you really enjoy the game...

Drisos
04-08-2006, 07:55
I indeed love the game and really miss playing those mp battles and the nice sphere in the foyer..

oki! I will give this server a try. If it doesn't work, I will continue to try other things. I am currently trying to create a fat32 partition with Partition manager. Need one e-mail from one of their staff first though. If that also fails I can try installing a second OS, and run shogun on that. I could also try disabling 'services' or even installing programmes to see if they caused a conflict with WE.

but, something which should come first, because it sounds logic: I need to disable the fact that I automatically am connected to the net when I boot up. Someone mentioned that XP needs 'safe login' to login to certain systems.. ah well I can't explain it very good. But it sounds logic, it is only with people who have XP, but not with all who have XP.

R'as al Ghul
04-08-2006, 09:41
It would be nice if people could report successful logins or failed ones.

I hear that some still have issues connecting.
I want to be sure that it's not an error on my part.

HiPlnzDrifta
04-08-2006, 10:19
i did a test connect today m8...

took me 5 login attempts, changed my name slightly, and logged straight in...

sometimes it would take 30 attempts on the old server...

Shin-GaiJin
04-08-2006, 13:46
I think the consensus of opinion is that we use R'as server (even though there was limited response). Ill let Shambles know that we are moving:bow:

Thanks for allowing us to play R'as m8 I hope to see u tonight on your server.

ShinGaiJin

R'as al Ghul
04-11-2006, 13:09
Thanks for allowing us to play R'as m8 I hope to see u tonight on your server.

ShinGaiJin

I met Gaijin Sat/Sunday and we had a nice little chat.
Nobody else joined us and since we both can't host....

I heard that the login is a little smoother, so Drisos may give it a try.
Those who run win98, I've heard that it logs in immediatly.

Hosting games with a router is still an issue. Those who can, may change their
settings, so that they use their router like a modem.

Shaka_Khan
04-11-2006, 14:32
I miss the days when I could come here any day and meet someone. Anyway, if any of are here please give a sign.

Drisos
04-11-2006, 20:52
I will be able to host, but am not able to login yet:furious3:

Regarding that, anyone can tell me how to keep windows from automatically establishing connection to the internet at startup?

I have tried on this server, but all is still the same for me :(

Sasaki Kojiro
04-11-2006, 21:29
I will be able to host, but am not able to login yet:furious3:

Regarding that, anyone can tell me how to keep windows from automatically establishing connection to the internet at startup?

I have tried on this server, but all is still the same for me :(

Sorry to hear that drisos.

For the internet startup thing, try control panel/network connections. You should have the option to disable it.

R'as al Ghul
05-17-2006, 09:28
Hello,

yesterday on 16.05.06 at ca. 18:30 (gmt+2) two guys connected to the fakeserver. Sometime during that timeframe the machine hosting the server produced an error. I've no idea if this error affected the fakeserver.

I'd like to know if there have been any problems during your stay in the lobby.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

ShinIguana
07-14-2006, 22:53
Pleased to meet you, Shin-Kamiizumi! :bow: Good to have another Shinkage player around, it might even stop Iguana from being lazy :P and join stw mp again as well:laugh4:

The Iguana is not lazy, he just has some serious :furious3: computer problems. But I am solving it. All I need is a wireless router, a new cd drive or a thingy.

Drisos
07-15-2006, 09:20
oh no! It has arrived...

The Iguana is not lazy, he just has some serious :furious3: computer problems. But I am solving it. All I need is a wireless router, a new cd drive or a no-cd patch. :furious3:

.. gah! computers! I am having problems now as well - can't login.. :( hope I can solve it sometime in the not-too-far-away-feature..

btw, where did you dig up that quote? :P Does not seem to be in this thread.:dizzy2: Edit: it is :( silly drisos..

good luck with it :thumbsup:

ShinIguana
07-15-2006, 11:45
Actually, I had to build a complete new pc. The old one I use for a different game called Silent Hunter 3. Unfortunantly, this game comes with the starforce protection system that blocks some older games. The new pc is ready but the :furious3: cd-player isn't the newest type. So I have to buy a new one for that. I hoped to bypass that with a thingy for STW WE. But all I can find is a russian site that has it. And my russian is a bit rusty. :gah2:

Shin-GaiJin
07-15-2006, 16:37
Hello old chum. Try gamecopyworld Im sure you will find what you need there! Best regards to Katsuchiyo next time you see him eh!

hasta banana baby

ShinIguana
07-15-2006, 22:23
Greetings Gaijin-san, How are you these days? We haven't spoken in ages m8. And I noticed Kami is here as well. How is he doing?

Good to see you guys. :bow:

Btw, I went to that site and I downloaded that thingy, and guess what? It actually worked. Even on my old PC I can run STW: WE. I also got into Ras his server but no one was there. Is patch 1.2 still the one to use?

7Bear7Bottom
07-18-2006, 01:47
Hi Lizzy:dizzy2::laugh4:

Whatever the Shogun community decides, let me know so I may update the files to download for the new server on the Bear site.

You may use our FTP server via HTML for the fake server file. 7Bear7 Clan will continue to support the MP Shogun community for alternative download site.

For now these are the files we have....http://7bear7.com/shogun.html

Hope everyone works things out.

Shaka_Khan
07-18-2006, 07:07
YES!!!

I can log in.

Let's play! :jumping:

Shin-GaiJin
07-18-2006, 17:51
Yep 1.02 is still the standard matey, if I know when you are gonna be in the game foyer Ill come along for a game! The old rules apple 4 max no U Boats~;)

Cha
07-19-2006, 03:53
I could be here 50 minutes later. I hope someone sees this post during that timeframe. :sweatdrop:

ShinIguana
07-19-2006, 10:52
Is there still something like the SOS? If so, what time does it start?

Drisos
07-19-2006, 11:52
A few months ago there was... Seems like the community has shrunk a bit more since then though..:embarassed:

Cha
07-19-2006, 11:56
Hi all. I could play at this moment.

ShinKamiizumi
07-19-2006, 17:20
I would like to hook up for a game or two as well today or tomorrow. Good to see you Iguana!

Cha
07-19-2006, 18:56
I'm back. Is anybody here?

ShinKamiizumi
07-19-2006, 19:05
Im in the game foyer now...

Cha
07-19-2006, 19:06
I'll be waiting at the foyer for a while.

ShinKamiizumi
07-19-2006, 19:07
I dont see you -i do now and we played a game. My first in years. Nice.

Cha
07-19-2006, 19:47
Here is the new map -> downloads (http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWupload/)

Get the second one -> https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=62615

Sasaki Kojiro
08-08-2006, 01:19
Who are the ghost people in the foyer? One of them takes as his name whatever I say, and the other never has any name at all. It's slightly creepy.

Edit: I tried to change his name to "I am ghost man!" and he disconnected me :jawdrop:

When I came back he was gone :skull:

R'as al Ghul
08-08-2006, 11:06
Edit: I tried to change his name to "I am ghost man!" and he disconnected me :jawdrop:

Don't mess with the server ghosts. They get angry when they feel ridiculed. :wink:

Well, there's has been an error. Sometimes the fakeserver program produces errors. I'm unsure what the cause is. Sometimes people's names stay in the lobby after logging out. But if it's not affecting the log in it can be ignored?

R'as

Sasaki Kojiro
08-08-2006, 16:15
Yeah it's fine. I just found it amusing.

Markgpl
09-03-2006, 15:55
I'm really grateful, logged on succesfully today 3-9-06, waiting some friends to install shogun, win98se, good connection, hope to be able to host.
I'm new at multiplayer in shogun, so have an important question, it can be played against cpu player, i meant 2 players against ai, Thanks in advance
And by the way, first time here =P

Sasaki Kojiro
09-03-2006, 16:24
Nope, you can't play against the AI in multi.

Welcome, btw.

Togakure
09-03-2006, 16:27
Welcome to the Org, Markgpl.

Shogun Multiplayer (MP) is strictly the 3D battlefield portion of the game, and doesn't involve the AI at all. The strategy map portion of Shogun Total War is not involved at all in MP.

Up to eight players (four armies against four armies) can fight against each other on a virtual battlefield map of choice (provided all players have that map loaded on their computer). Each of the players must be running the same version of Shogun (1.00, 1.02, 1.03, 1.05, etc.).

Mappacks containing hundreds of custom maps are available at http://www.mizus.com/files/files/STW_WE/. The 1.02 upgrade is also available (I'm not sure about 1.03 or 1.05). This link is hosted by the honorable Clan Takiyama, and can also be accessed from www.totalwar.org downloads (Mizu Server).

So to answer your question directly, no, two players cannot play against the AI in MP. However, there are many human players that would be happy to take you and your friend on, and they are FAR better than the AI could ever dream of being.

Again, welcome to the community.

Togakure
09-03-2006, 16:29
Lol, ya beat me to it Mime. You still on MSN? I just got a new 'puter.

Markgpl
09-04-2006, 00:25
Thanks, i was wondering how alive is this place.
I'm in GMT -3 time, is there anyone that would like to be threatened by a unexperienced taisho?
Or add me at msn armatian@hotmail.com, since because of ocupations my friend are unable to start, and maybe someone is free, say tonight between 2-3am GMT, or tomorrow 1130-1330 GMT
Thanks for the welcome

Specksturm
09-04-2006, 15:05
Oh my, Oh my! Me and my friend played Shogun online for the first time, Thanks to R'as al Ghul´s fakeserver! :)

The only problem we experienced was that if my friend tried to host a game
I didn´t see the game in the gamelist. Something tells me that it might have something to do with the fact that I only have the Mongol Invasion 1.00 and he has the Warlord Edition.

I´m in the +0300 UTC TimeZone

R'as al Ghul
09-04-2006, 15:34
Welcome to the .org!

There's a thread called "Shogun multiplayer hosting" that may be helpful.
But when you can play each other you have the same version of the game.
There's also the thread "I'm in the foyer, now!" where people make appointments for games.

R'as

Markgpl
09-04-2006, 16:02
Ah, thanks for that

Togakure
09-04-2006, 18:15
Hello Specksturm. You can confirm the patch version you're each running by looking in the top left corner of the first menu screen (with the scarlet background). You should see a 3-digit number there. These need to match in order to play against each other online.

If the host is using a firewall or router, it is unlikely that other players will be able to see the games he hosts. You can configure your firewall to allow Shogun to pass through. Check the threads R'as has suggested.

You can download the 1.02 Beta patch from here, courtesy of clan Takiyama:

http://www.mizus.com/files/files/STW_WE/

You can also download the mappacks from here--hundreds of excellent custom maps created by members of the community. To play on one of them online, all players in the game must have that map installed.

Enjoy.

Specksturm
09-04-2006, 19:14
Thank you R'as al Ghul and Togakure Ojonin for the help. I will try to have a look at those other threads.

Drisos
09-05-2006, 06:59
Welcome to stw mp, you two!! :2thumbsup: :bow::balloon2:

I'm slightly confused.. on msn I thought Markgpl had only STW original.. not WE. Someone with WE/MI can't play someone with original, as the hosted games don't appear. Also, both need the same patch. (for original 1.12 and for WE/MI 1.02) However, if you have a router, hosting probably won't work anyway. Details on all that are in the thread R'as Al Ghul mentioned.

Btw, Specksturm, could you please add me to msn as well? that is:
d r i s o s _ s t w @ h o t m a i l . c o m
But without the spaces of course. ~;) I always login when I have time for a game ~:)

oh and Toga, I've met Mime a few times on msn.. about two weeks ago. sadly because we couldn't host we didn't get in a game. :no:

Specksturm
09-05-2006, 14:44
Sorry i do not use the messenger. Maybe I should? Hmm.
I have the MI version boosted up to 1.02. Downloaded a huge mappack that
i was thinking about installing tonite. So now i should be able to play with almost all of you. i hope

Markgpl
09-05-2006, 17:16
Drisos, you aren't confused, i have stw, no we, on 1.12 patch.
I had taked a look on we, and not really excited about it, specially aboout the new units. Until something set the realism (and hence true drama of life and death on a battlefield) higher, without losing simplicity, i'll stick with this good oldie

okeenan
09-29-2006, 23:19
Hi i'm not sure where to ask this question but here seems close enough.
I've got Gold edition and when I go to play multiplayer I have three inadequate options play on LAN, go to shogun website, and connect to internet with dialup. No play EA / Play. Just a gap where that should be.
I can change the config file but this is to no avail without the EA/PLAY option.

Any ideas??

Sasaki Kojiro
09-30-2006, 00:42
I believe they cut it out of the gold edition because they are no longer offering it officially.

Might be possible to mod it back in? I don't know.

Drisos
09-30-2006, 08:23
Might be possible to mod it back in? I don't know.

I certainly hope so... Why did they remove it anyway? to let people have less fun, so they won't buy the game?:juggle2: :dizzy2:

R'as al Ghul
09-30-2006, 10:19
We'll take care of it. :bow:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1255571&postcount=4

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-13-2006, 14:33
Yay, got it to work so far. I got a dumb question. Where I get the 1.02 patch at? (I'm using Gold Edtion)

Drisos
11-10-2006, 13:32
Hi R'as,

I am curious.. did you change anything concerning the server? after a couple of weeks not being there, I tried loggin in two days ago. I had to relog in twice because I was kicked twice. so I logged in in total three times.. first time was about 15 tries, second and third about 10.. I thought, wow! that was easy.

a couple of weeks back I needed over 100 tries for a couple of times, so I'm curious what changed this? it could be coincidence, but it would have to be a lot of coincedence.. :dizzy2:

:book:

this is positive for my morale though ~:) taking 15 minutes to log in is frustrating.. 15 times is no problem at all..:2thumbsup:

R'as al Ghul
11-10-2006, 13:59
Drisos,

I haven't changed anything. The improvement must be on your side. :2thumbsup:
Frankly, I have never had your login problems. Usually, it logs in on the 2nd or 3rd try.
I'd recommend to abort the first try directly after clicking on "Log in".
Like click "Log In" then click "back" button without waiting. Then try again.

Imagine you're crouching on a field and calling out for another person. The person will hear your call but won't be able to see you. When you call the second time he'll look closer because he's heard you before and now he'll see you. :yes: Something like that. :laugh4:

R'as

R'as al Ghul
11-16-2006, 19:17
Teh fakeserver will be offline for a few hours.
It shouldn't take longer than 24 hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

R'as

R'as al Ghul
11-17-2006, 22:45
It's up again.
May have downtimes but generally it's running.

06-01-2007, 02:28
Konnichiwa.

Given the recent developments concerning the fakeserver, I decided to host the server temporarily on one of my private machines. I'll look into the possibilities to rent a Windows Server to keep it permanent.
From now on you can reach the fakeserver under:
shogun-fakeserver.dnsdojo.org

You need to change your internet.cfg file in the main Shogun folder to this:

I'll also set up a site for information here (http://www.die-hermetische-garage.de/).

Hey,

dumb question, but this is the current fix for the STW 1.02 MP for the fakeserver right? was checking because I thought there was a newer one out (been a while since I tried to do it). I actually did get into lobby once, no one there but, yeah :-).

can someone link me to a site that has the STW 1.02 patch (or whatever patch is being use, for my conveince).?

Baryonyx89
07-03-2007, 15:51
:help: Hi everyone. I'm new here and have played Shogun Totalwar dozens of times in singleplayer. I've been trying to search for information regarding the registration of the online version. I read most of the posts here, and it helped me a lot, but how do you access the internet.cfs thing? I'm not a computer expert and need a lot of help :help: :help: :help: :help:

TosaInu
07-04-2007, 09:16
Hello {BHC}KingWarman888,

STW and WE patches:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=13

R'as al Ghul
07-04-2007, 13:11
:help: Hi everyone. I'm new here and have played Shogun Totalwar dozens of times in singleplayer. I've been trying to search for information regarding the registration of the online version. I read most of the posts here, and it helped me a lot, but how do you access the internet.cfs thing? I'm not a computer expert and need a lot of help :help: :help: :help: :help:

Hello,

you don't need to register your game. There's no online registration anymore.
To access the server you only need to edit the internet.cfg file (like described at the top) with a program like notepad, which comes with Windows.

07-04-2007, 15:18
Hello {BHC}KingWarman888,

STW and WE patches:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=13

Thank you Tosa.

Baryonyx89
07-07-2007, 05:10
Um...That's kinda what i need to know. Where's the notepad??:help:

R'as al Ghul
07-07-2007, 09:58
Baron,

try "Start" -> "Run" -> type in "notepad".
It's probably also under Start-menu/Programs/accessory (not sure, translating from German).

R'as

Baryonyx89
07-07-2007, 15:48
I tried the start/run/notepad but all it did was bring up a blank, white box

Baryonyx89
07-08-2007, 03:39
:oops: Wait nvm. The programs, accessories instruction worked. So how do i edit the internet.cfg thing?

R'as al Ghul
07-08-2007, 10:14
Let's try something different.
Go to the main folder of Shogun and find the internet.cfg file.
Right click on it and select "Open with" and select notepad. If notepad is not listed in that menu you can find it with "browse" -> navigate to C:\Windows\notepad.exe.

The internet.cfg file should then open with notepad.

If all else fails just download this file: http://www.mizus.com/Ras/Shogun/Internet.cfg
and put it into your main Shogun folder, overwriting the old one.

R'as

Baryonyx89
07-10-2007, 16:55
Is the main shogun folder in my computer?

R'as al Ghul
07-13-2007, 11:12
Yes.
When you've the game installed there's a Shogun folder somewhere on your computer. You'd have to know where since you installed it. The default path is sth like "C:\Programs\Shogun - Total War\.
That's the folder I mean when I say main Shogun folder.
Try using the Windows Explorer to make yourself familiar with the folder structure on your computer.

R'as

wolf shingen
07-13-2007, 12:27
hi, do i need to use a specific version of shogun or mongol invasion to play online on that server?
thanks a lot

R'as al Ghul
07-13-2007, 12:35
hi, do i need to use a specific version of shogun or mongol invasion to play online on that server?
thanks a lot

No, not really. You may have to edit your version to be able to connect to the server. The connection details in the internet.cfg (which can be edited with notepad, see first post) have to be changed.
If your Multiplayer option is not available in the main game menu, I've posted a fix for that in the STW MP forum.

Once connected you need to have the same game stats like the other players. Because only so few people play, the best way is to have a friend you can play with or make an appointment here in the forum.

R'as

Baryonyx89
07-17-2007, 23:10
So I have to type the exact name of the folder which i installed on windows explorer?

Btw the name of my folder is the one the computer gives to u (warlord edition, not regular)

Baryonyx89
07-17-2007, 23:34
Ok I think I found the main folder.....but I don't see an internet.cfg file anywhere. The only folders are battles, sounds, voices, etc.

Togakure
07-17-2007, 23:47
Hi Baryonyx89, and welcome. The internet.cfg is a file, not a folder. The folders you've described suggest you are in the right place. Now look for the file internet.cfg in the same area where these folders are, and make the edits R'as has described by opening this file with Notepad.

Baryonyx89
07-18-2007, 00:01
I figured it out . I typed in "internet.cfg" over the name of my main shogun folder. Then the file was located for me. Thanks for the help Ra and Masamune!!!:2thumbsup:

P.S. Why don't i see anyone online right now?

Togakure
07-18-2007, 00:46
You're most welcome. Unfortunately, very few players play on the STW fakeserver anymore. There are a handful who would, I believe, but we have trouble getting in. There is a strange problem that affects some of us, where we try to log in and it just hangs up at "Logging in ...." I've never been able to get past this problem on my current computer. Otherwise, I'd be happy to join you for some games.

As R'as mentioned, the best thing to do is make arrangements to meet players at a specific day and time by posting in the thread that's been created for that purpose, here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50966). Post your interest, and hopefully someone who can access the fakeserver will be along who can join you for some games soon. Good luck.

Baryonyx89
07-18-2007, 02:59
I had that same problem too, and i figured out how to overcome it....just click "use current internet connection".

Togakure
07-18-2007, 03:20
Unfortunately that doesn't work for me and many of the others :no:

R'as al Ghul
07-19-2007, 15:05
I'm glad you figured it out, Baron.

Masamune, concerning the connection problems try this:
- Check "Use existing internet connection"
- Click "Log in"
- Don't wait but click the "Back" (the dog-ear) button to abort immediately.
- Click "Log In" again.

This worked for me but I don't really need it, it just logs in very quick.

R'as

Togakure
07-19-2007, 15:53
Thanks R'as. I'll give it a try.

Togakure
07-20-2007, 02:41
R'as Al Ghul-san ... that WORKED! Domo Arigato Gozaimashta. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Heh, no worries--I won't let this distract me from learning and playing Samurai Warlords with such excellent company :beam:. Not a chance.

But, now I can spend some time with new players who would like to try Shogun MP too. :elephant:

Any who are interested: I use the 1.02 stats and prefer to play using a particular rule set that allows for more balanced gameplay (STW MI 1.02 is a bit unbalanced otherwise). These are the same which the STW MP community used during the last couple of years that the official server was in operation:

- 10,000 koku per player
- 4 maximum of any particular unit type
- No ashigaru spearmen

I would be happy to offer tips on appropriate levels of honor and upgrades under these conditions to any who would like to hear them. And please forgive my extreme rustiness--it's been a very long time since I've played STW MP.

I might be willing to try "unconventional" 1.02 games for kicks, if players are willing to play games under these conditions as well. I'm not sure I can host, but I may be able to if I make some configuration changes. We shall see. If anyone is interested, post here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50966), or PM me. I am in the USA East time zone. Let's play!

Togakure
07-20-2007, 05:35
OK, I met Baryonyx in the foyer tonight. Our next minor challenge is to get him patched to version 1.02, as he is currently version 1.00.

Baryonyx:

Read the instructions below before you download the 1.02 patch from here (http://www.mizus.com/files/files/STW_WE/Patches/ShogunMv1.02_Euro.exe). This version of the patch should work for Shogun: Total War, Warlord Edition, bought in the USA.

- Download the file to your computer by clicking on the [Save] button that pops up when you click on the link, above.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/47Ronin/downloadprompt.jpg

I recommend just saving it to your Desktop so you can find it easily after it downloads. To do this, click on the Desktop button on the right side of the screen that pops up after you hit the [Save] button. Then, click the [Save] button on that screen (see below).

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/47Ronin/SavetoDesktop.jpg

An icon that looks like the Shogun Total War game icon will now be on your Desktop. Doubleclick on it to run the patch install program. A screen will pop up that looks like this:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/47Ronin/RunPatchInstall.jpg

Click on the [Run] button to start the 1.02 patch installation.

A message box will pop up, saying you are about to upgrade your Shogun installation to version 1.02. Click [OK].

This screen should then pop up:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/47Ronin/extractfiles.jpg

Click on the [Unzip] button. A message will appear asking you to select your language. Choose the default - English, and click [OK]. A setup installation program will run. You've seen these kinds of things before.

Accept the licensing terms and advance to the next screen, which should look like this:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/47Ronin/choosedest.jpg

This is the most important step. You must locate your Shogun Total War game folder on your computer (the same place where your internet.cfg file was) and make sure that path shows where I've marked "!!!!!" If you install the patch to the wrong place, it will not work!

Click on the [Browse] button and find your Shogun Total War game folder. Mine is located at C:\Program Files\Total War\Shogun - Total War- Warlord Edition, which is the default location to which the game installs if you didn't change the path when you installed it. This might be where yours is too, but not necessarily.

When you are sure it is pointing at the right spot, click [Next].

The installation program will proceed to install the patch. You'll need to click [Next] a few more times, and then click [Finish].

Once you have completed the install of the patch, launch the game and look at the red menu screen, in the upper left corner where I showed you tonight. If that says 1.02, you've successfully patched your game. If it still says 1.00, run the install program again and make sure you have selected your STW game folder as the target for the patch installation.

Good luck. Post here and let me know how it goes. I look forward to playing your first MP games with you soon.

Baryonyx89
07-20-2007, 15:42
Success!!!:2thumbsup: I have finished the installation! w00t!!!!

P.S. The upgrade appeared on my screen right below the warlord edition. Am I supposed to access that from now on?

Baryonyx89
07-20-2007, 15:50
Wait nvm it still says 1.00. I think i must've made a mistake when saving the file onto my desktop or something, cuz when i clicked it, a whole screen of other files appeared, unlike the example u've shown

Togakure
07-20-2007, 17:46
I'm on a break at work so I only have a few minutes. I'll be on tonight and can assist you directly via Instant Messaging if you haven't been able to get it to work by then. If you log in to your Yahoo! IM after 7:00 PM EST, you should see me on. We'll get it working, no worries.

I just hope I can figure out how to host, heh. One thing at a time ....

Kazuma
07-22-2007, 17:36
Haven't played Shogun online yet. Would like to, but I doubt there are sufficient people who still do so you don't have to wait long for match making.

Togakure
07-23-2007, 12:53
What I've noticed is that when a few enough players show interest at the same time, old-timers who enjoy Shogun often pop in out of the wood work for games. Aside that there are only a few players interested nowadays, and the challenge of accessing the server for some, another challenge is having someone there who can host games. I'm willing to play but cannot host.

R'as al Ghul
07-27-2007, 20:43
The server is down until further notice.
My apologies.

Drisos
07-28-2007, 11:02
Indeed Kazuma, there are few. But I've experienced a couple of times, once we had a start we could get quite some people back intrested. Even after periods of this kind of 'silence' we had days with like 10 people in the foyer at a time. It's doable. But it takes some people to start up the 'trend' again.

Welcome, Baronyx! ~:cheers:

Shaka_Khan
07-30-2007, 07:06
Wait nvm it still says 1.00. I think i must've made a mistake when saving the file onto my desktop or something, cuz when i clicked it, a whole screen of other files appeared, unlike the example u've shown
Make sure you exit the Shogun Total War (Warlord Edition) program before you install the patch.

redbloof
07-31-2007, 18:35
it says it failed to login. did i do something wrong?

Togakure
07-31-2007, 19:26
Hi Redbloof, and welcome. R'as al Ghul is the gracious host of the STW fakeserver. In a previous post in this thread he's notified us that the server is down. He'll let us know when it is available again.

R'as al Ghul
07-31-2007, 22:06
Server is up again 24/7.

redbloof
07-31-2007, 22:43
now its taking forever to login :(

redbloof
07-31-2007, 23:28
i waited a hour and it still wont log in.. what should i do?

Togakure
08-01-2007, 00:43
Thanks R'as! That was an interesting cav-heavy army you had Saturday ... it was rather intimidating--but SW ysams ain't MI h7w1 Ysams ... no shock troops is very bold in SW. But all those beautiful horsies! I might try it in a multi. So glad to be playing with all of you. What a fabulous mod.

Hi redbloof. I received your IM contact request and have added you.

Try what R'as suggests in post #89 in this thread. That finally got me in. Sometimes you have to do it over and over, just keep trying. I've also found that changing my Japanese surname if one is not working consistently sometimes helps. Good luck. Reach me on MSN for direct communication and assistance.

R'as al Ghul
08-01-2007, 12:12
Thanks R'as! That was an interesting cav-heavy army you had Saturday ... it was rather intimidating--but SW ysams ain't MI h7w1 Ysams ... no shock troops is very bold in SW. But all those beautiful horsies! I might try it in a multi. So glad to be playing with all of you. What a fabulous mod.

You're welcome. :bow:
Yes I often test new setups. I figured that if used correctly it could work. Of course, I've messed it up and attacked too early and too uncoordinated. In theory the NC should own any ND you have and my HCav would've taken care of your monks. The YS is an evil unit though, high morale (can operate alone and even charge weakened gun lines), and can kill many horsies even without upgrades. It's rather underrated.

R'as

R'as al Ghul
08-07-2007, 22:31
Sorry to whoever tried to connect just now for over 1 1/2 hours.
It was my mistake that it didn't work.

Daikomo
08-25-2007, 18:07
So in order to play on the fake Server do i havet to still update..my War lords edition..

and does anyone want to play tonight..

9:00 EST

holla

Drisos
08-25-2007, 18:56
Welome Daikomo! :bow:

Hey, there's so few people willing to play STW these days that I doubt you'll find someone in so few time. Good luck though!

If you have MTW:VI, you might want to try out 'Samurai Warlords'. a modification for the game people from here made. It's like an MTW version of Shogun. Set in 1500-1600 japan as well, same units, regions, possibilities, etc. There's more people playing Samurai Wars online then STW, at the moment.

cya ~:)

Daikomo
09-08-2007, 02:33
Thanks man. LOl i'm i nt he middle of now where and can't even get the ME game.. cuz walmart is 30 min away frome me.. i live in the bush. and only brought shogun.. but i was at least hoppign to get a someone to haave a scheduled game with me . that'swhy i asked. i've never done it MP b4 just wanna try it tho.

WombatSlayer
11-21-2007, 23:04
I'm using the original version, and I've found I have to have two of the programs running to log in... my computer is fast enough to run 2 shoguns, but I have no idea why only that makes it possible to log in...

R'as al Ghul
11-22-2007, 18:17
WombatSlayer,

that sounds really weird. I don't think anyone else has two versions running to log in. Never heard of. What I think is going on is that the fakeserver lags a bit in its reaction. It's an old problem.

Try this:
- Check "Use existing internet connection"
- Click "Log in"
- Don't wait but click the "Back" (the dog-ear) button to abort immediately.
- Click "Log In" again.

WombatSlayer
11-22-2007, 20:32
that's what I do

Except it only seems to work with two instances running :/

Jochi Khan
11-24-2007, 22:26
Hi R'as...

I have tested connecting to your Fakeserver a number of times this evening and have Logged On each time without any problems.
Perhaps if other players trying to Log On remove the ..'tick'.. from the 'Use existing internet connection' they may find that this will solve their problem.

Edit: I have Shogun Total War/WE

WombatSlayer
11-24-2007, 23:23
so who wants to play... geeze :/

Bashi Kono
01-04-2008, 13:14
ILL PLAY I HAVE VERSION 1.00 THO!

Nobunaga
01-12-2008, 11:55
anyone still interested in playing MI 1.02 or 1.03 ? is the server still up?

R'as al Ghul
01-12-2008, 13:16
is the server still up?

Yes.

Drisos
01-13-2008, 22:15
R'as: :bow:

Hi Nobunaga,

could it be that we met before? Your name sounds familiar (I mean, of course I know Oda Nobunaga, but I seem to recall someone with that name from here)

Since I've known Shogun I've always been intrested, and I will always be. It's the best game I ever played, and I have wonderful memories of the short period I was part of a small but honourable and very nice community.

I don't have my CD's here, (only RTW) but I might bring them. I would be available between sunday evening and friday afternoon, then.

However, I'll have to cut down on other gaming. Study takes a lot of time too.

I'll be around, somewhere here, now and then.

Nobunaga
01-15-2008, 09:57
Hello Drisos,

I think I can make it this weekend. I will keep u posted.

Nobunaga
02-01-2008, 12:22
I was able to log to the fake server today. Anyone up for a game?

R'as al Ghul
02-10-2008, 12:19
Dear Shogun:TW Multiplayers,

I'm afraid I've to close down the fakeserver in mid to late March.
I'm willing to continue hosting the server in the future if there's still interest by then, but for at least 3-6 months I won't have the possibility to run it.

I encourage everybody to switch to our mod for Medieval:TW/VI, "Samurai Warlords". (See my signature for more information)
The gameplay is very close to STW and the units are the same.

Apologies to all who use this service.
If somebody is interested in stepping in for me, you can PM me at any time and I'll gladly help you to set up the server for you.

R'as

Drisos
02-11-2008, 01:34
Hi R'as,

iirc it's fairly easy to install, etc? We could just run a temporary server when we are meeting up? ~:)

I'm once again in 'logging in' problems... but I might want to try a game here and there. :book: ~;)

btw m8, I hope it's nothing 'bad'?

Stay cool!

7Bear7Bottom
02-11-2008, 18:29
FYI

There is a 7Bear7 Shogun Server that is running. You are more than welcomed to join it.

Here's the url, and see you online.

Shogun Server (http://www.7bear7.kicks-ass.net/shogun.html)

Drisos
02-11-2008, 19:35
Hi Bottom!

Have you or other bears been playing lately? ~:)

My guess is that the bear server will be the main stw meeting point. (as far as there is any activity :S) So, you'll see me there, hopefully.

cya

7Bear7Bottom
02-11-2008, 21:02
Since I can see what's going on, if I see anyone on there I usually pop in.

Though bears like to play original Shogun 1.12, but you can apply the server patch to warlords and play with others aswell.

I can always switch games.

R'as al Ghul
02-12-2008, 11:39
Hi R'as,

iirc it's fairly easy to install, etc? We could just run a temporary server when we are meeting up? ~:)
[..]
btw m8, I hope it's nothing 'bad'?

Stay cool!

Hi Drisos,
yes the server is easy to install and can of course be run temporarily.
Nothing bad, no. I'm moving to another country.

FYI

There is a 7Bear7 Shogun Server that is running. You are more than welcomed to join it.

Here's the url, and see you online.

Shogun Server (http://www.7bear7.kicks-ass.net/shogun.html)

Hello 7Bear7Bottom,

thanks for posting that information. It's great that people have an alternative.
Following the url I noticed that one needs to make an account before one can use your server. I also couldn't find the server information via google.
I think that you should post it more publicly unless you want to restrict the usage to a small circle of people.
The little info page I linked in my original post attracted quite some people from Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand, etc. Apart from 1 or 2, none of them has posted here, they only contacted me via e-mail. I'm just writing this to tell you that there're more people interested in playing than one might think, not to tell you what to do.
Would you mind if I link your forum on this site (http://www.die-hermetische-garage.de/)?

R'as

Nobunaga
02-12-2008, 11:41
when do u guys usually play?

7Bear7Bottom
02-13-2008, 00:03
Following the url I noticed that one needs to make an account before one can use your server.

The reason is to design a shogun like leader board which I'm working on right now. This leader board is not just for Shogun though, it will encompass all the Total War Games aswell.

I also couldn't find the server information via google.

Most PHP pages are not picked up by the search engines because of "%" or space in file names and directories. Google is bad for this while Yahoo seems to fair better.

I think that you should post it more publicly unless you want to restrict the usage to a small circle of people.
The little info page I linked in my original post attracted quite some people from Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand, etc. Apart from 1 or 2, none of them has posted here, they only contacted me via e-mail. I'm just writing this to tell you that there're more people interested in playing than one might think, not to tell you what to do.
Would you mind if I link your forum on this site?

You can post it publicaly if you want, but in the near future, this will require an account for the integration to the server. The address may change aswell, as that server will be transfered to a hosting computer, and you may require a small upgrade to the game itself for better intergration with apache. I have not advrtised it for this reason, as the site is not ready yet. I suspect web site completion by April 2008, and full advertising campain by May 2008.

Hope this explains the situation I'm in now.

R'as al Ghul
02-13-2008, 13:02
Hope this explains the situation I'm in now.

Yes, thanks for taking the time.
I'll edit my page to include a link to your site in the future.

7Bear7Bottom
02-14-2008, 21:22
Thanks R'as:bow:

For an easier way to check if the server is up or down, put this link in your favorites for now. This might take 30 seconds to refresh, depending on the condition of the server.

http://www.7bear7.kicks-ass.net/users/shogun/ShogunServer/

Enjoy!:bow:

R'as al Ghul
03-30-2008, 09:55
I'm pulling the plug.
My fakeserver is off line from now on.
Please refer to 7bear7's forum for details on how to connect to their server.

LittleGrizzly
04-04-2008, 00:49
are the April 2008 and May 2008 still going ahead as planned, may have to sort out my stw or is it mi will be mainly played... ?

Drisos
04-06-2008, 21:25
My bet is that it will be MI/WE 1.02 or 1.03. If any is played, anyway :embarassed:

R'as, thanks for all! :bow: Sadly I didn't get to chance to use it a lot, but your efforts for the remaining community have been generous. Thanks. :bow:

Togakure
04-08-2008, 23:01
Ditto, R'as. Thanks for making it possible to play STW online.

05-19-2008, 19:55
I'm pulling the plug.
My fakeserver is off line from now on.
Please refer to 7bear7's forum for details on how to connect to their server.

Still Able to play STW MP though the Bear's server right? If so, I shall drop by.

Thanks For helping the STW MP players Ras :clown: :egypt:

7Bear7Bottom
06-04-2008, 03:02
Just dropping by to let you all know the server is up and functioning, had a few Aggony there just incase you thought it was not functioning.

Make sure you unblock shogun in your exceptions windows firewall.

Also the 7Bear7 forums have been moved to Yuku now incase anyone was using the old ez-board links to a particular forum.

A direct link to the main page of the old ez-board forum for bears should be redirecting you to Yuku.

Happy Gaming all.:beam:

07-05-2008, 16:23
Great, Me Shall Drop by then!! :-)

Drisos
12-05-2008, 14:28
Howdy. Any Bears here?
Is the server still up, anyone been playing at all?

I'm curious. ~:)

7Bear7Bottom
12-20-2008, 19:03
Sorry for the late reply, been busy working on evil master plans......:smash:

Server is up 24/7 but there has not been much traffic there. Will be switching it over to a complete dedicated server with a 3.06 ghz in the new year.:yes:

I need to do this as the automated tournament engine is due to be released in it's beta form soon. This will cause traffic to increase (we hope).

If your looking for bears, you can find us on mtw/vi for now on fridays.

Drisos
12-20-2008, 20:20
Server is up 24/7 but there has not been much traffic there. Will be switching it over to a complete dedicated server with a 3.06 ghz in the new year.:yes:

Cool! :cool3:

If your looking for bears, you can find us on mtw/vi for now on fridays.

Good to hear! :2thumbsup: Enjoy.

Wishazu
12-21-2008, 02:01
I might have to give MP a go after christmas. You up for a game or 2 Drisos?

Drisos
12-21-2008, 03:04
Definitely m8! As all Shogun lovers you can kick me anytime for that. (But like most of them I'm quite busy these days too... But we'd probably find some time that would work for both)

Big issue is, I haven't been able to log on with thise PC before. Now I'm about to go for a big clean up. (Format C:) I think I'll get myself a dual boot, but not sure yet on the specs and I don't know how to arrange all that. It might solve the problem. If not, ... I'll go cry in a corner and start thinking of a new plan.:embarassed:

7Bear7Bottom
12-22-2008, 16:50
As sudgested by Drisos, I have incorporated an extra IP for those of you finding it hard to connect to the DNS Server of 7bear7.kicks-ass.net. The new IP is 5.136.80.12. you can download the new config with the new IP here (http://www.7bear7.kicks-ass.net/users/shogun/shogunserver.php). Both DNS and IP will connect you to the server but as Drisos pointed out, some people with router problems, this might solve this problem.

As always you can check if the server is online by checking here (http://www.7bear7.kicks-ass.net/users/shogun/ShogunServer/index.php).

Drisos
12-23-2008, 13:10
Howdy People,

Me and Bottom are trying out if we can solve all this connection trouble by setting up a hamachi network. It might solve the damn 'Logging in...'-hang for everyone in one hit. Why didn't we think of this before?

Anyway... Let's not be too happy yet, no results confirmed.

We'll be in touch!

7Bear7Bottom
12-24-2008, 15:28
I have tested it on a computer outside my network and it works. Good-luck to you all.

Drisos
12-24-2008, 18:09
Having trouble installing S:TW here. Left my WE copy at my study home and only have a broken S:TW Original copy here. Seems like I finally got it installed properly. Just tried logging in, but couldn't connect. Quite logical, since my Hamachi tells me that the server computer is offline. (or that it's hamachi is offline)

Need to try when the server is online. And more importantly, I need to try at my study home with WE. I'm going back there in almost 2 weeks... so have to wait for a while. I'm curious. :book:

Let's see if I can get to run a campaign here on this one... ~:)

Mystic
01-10-2009, 19:56
wonders if i could find my WE...

7Bear7Bottom
02-07-2009, 17:59
Hi All

Sorry for the problems but just recently I had my network card fry on me, so the web site and server has been in the dark for the last 4 to 5 days. Please try again.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Bots

vlad320
01-15-2010, 21:12
hi all! can some one tell me where i could find a working server for STW.. would really like for some multiplayer action