PDA

View Full Version : History Manual

Tanit
04-12-2006, 03:52
In a desire to learn and to see a history manual in the EB package, I would like to volunteer my summer to write such a package which would include detailed hitories of all the factions, the amazing descriptions of units done by EB along with anything else I can find added to it, lots of pictures, and a detailed time-line to put it all in perspective. I won't be able to start this in ernest until the summer break as I am far too busy right now. My credentials include exceptional success in all of my high school history classes(including classical and medieval), a lot of enthusiasm for history and acceptance to Wilfred Laurier University for classical Archaeology. As much as I will do my best on this, I would like very much if the EB members were to send me their information and if anyone else wishes to point me in the right direction of some useful sites or books to search for.

Homo Sapiens
04-20-2006, 23:18
Wilfred Laurier University!? Brantford or Kitchener campus?

Moros
04-26-2006, 12:36
In a desire to learn and to see a history manual in the EB package, I would like to volunteer my summer to write such a package which would include detailed hitories of all the factions, the amazing descriptions of units done by EB along with anything else I can find added to it, lots of pictures, and a detailed time-line to put it all in perspective. I won't be able to start this in ernest until the summer break as I am far too busy right now. My credentials include exceptional success in all of my high school history classes(including classical and medieval), a lot of enthusiasm for history and acceptance to Wilfred Laurier University for classical Archaeology. As much as I will do my best on this, I would like very much if the EB members were to send me their information and if anyone else wishes to point me in the right direction of some useful sites or books to search for.
sounds good! :2thumbsup:
I'll send you a pm and contact the EB historians. SO that you can hopefully start when you've got time this summer.

tdiith
05-01-2006, 22:03
Did anything ever happen with this? Very interesting concept and it could be taken in some interesting directions: a vehicle for an actual history curriculum (instructional design), doing something like a reverse wiki (distributed intelligence) experimental archaeology/anthropology (matching up actual events with potential events).

Moros
05-01-2006, 22:13
well it isn't summer yet so I can't say it will be done or not. I mean it's still a long way. I guess we'll know when the summer starts. But ofcourse if anyone else would like to start working on it/help him/... I have no objection. But if noone does we'll just have to wait till the summer.

tk-421
05-02-2006, 02:47
My credentials include exceptional success in all of my high school history classes(including classical and medieval),

You got to take a classical and medieval history class in high school? My school only offered a year of American history and a year of world history 1000 a.d-present.~:(

Good luck writing your manual. I'll look forward to reading it.

Tanit
06-19-2006, 04:11
Whoa! Long time I've been gone. Got exams next week and then I can start. Been really busy. And its Waterloo campus I'm going to. Any links would be great. I'll start with Carthage as they're my major interest. (Name gives it away) Then I'll keep you updated with who I'm working on next.:2thumbsup:

Dayve
06-19-2006, 05:24
I'm jealous. I want to go to college and study history, then onto university but i can't see it getting me very far in life living in the part of England that i do...

Shame really... I always did exceptionally well in my history classes at high school and history is my main passion in life.

I'll just have to settle with my career plan of joining the p0lice force.

Elthore
06-20-2006, 04:18
If you were that interested in learning it, you simply would. Goto the library.
Thats what i do. I plan on going to school for it too, with no thought of a future carreer.

Im reminded of Fearless by Floyd here...'you say the hill is too steep to climb....juuuust climb it!'

Tanit
06-22-2006, 01:11
Okay, exams almost over, so first thing's first is Carthage. I have acess to Polybius and Virgil but anyone has a link to Livy's work or any other historian that wrote about Carthage it would be appreciated. Also if anyone has info from arcaeological studies on Carthage and her colonies that would be exceptional.
And how do you acess the descriptions for units and buildings outside of the game?

Moros
06-25-2006, 13:27
If you want someone who knows alot about this Unramma would be your man I think.

L'Impresario
06-26-2006, 16:01
You should probably look here (http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/l#a3707);)

The monastery stickies also have a variety of helpful sites.

Tanit
07-03-2006, 16:25
Thanks for the site L.

My outline for the site will be going up in a few days I hope. Any more helpful info would be great.