PDA

View Full Version : About net browsers

Nikpalj
04-19-2006, 18:22
I've got to download some stuff from the net and I've got the choice of using the Explorer and Firefox browsers on the same machine...

What I would like to know is does the browser effect the speed of the download in any way(will the dload be quicker if I use,say, Firefox for this because it's better programmed then the Explorer or something)? I'll be doing this on a public comp so the speed of the dload is important to me.Thx.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-19-2006, 20:43
Firefox is lauded by fans for its download speed and a superior user interface, and users say that its pop-up blocker is one of the best out there.

http://www.forbes.com/home/ebusiness/2004/10/04/cx_pp_1004mondaymatchup.html

:balloon2:

Alexander the Pretty Good
04-20-2006, 00:03
I can't really tell the difference in speed, but FF makes it safer, too.

LeftEyeNine
04-20-2006, 10:15
Guess what I'll be saying..

Maxthon (http://www.maxthon.com) Rulez, Ownz and Folds into Seven !! :2thumbsup:

BDC
04-20-2006, 10:53
Opera is the best one...

New IE 7 is kind of weird too.

Lemur
04-27-2006, 04:30
Ignore the heathens. Firefox is the one true browser. Users of IE will be cast into the lake of fire when the seventh seal is broken.

Xiahou
04-27-2006, 07:08
I've got to download some stuff from the net and I've got the choice of using the Explorer and Firefox browsers on the same machine...

What I would like to know is does the browser effect the speed of the download in any way(will the dload be quicker if I use,say, Firefox for this because it's better programmed then the Explorer or something)? I'll be doing this on a public comp so the speed of the dload is important to me.Thx.
Faster browsing? Probably Firefox. Faster Downloads? It probably doesnt matter. Regardless, Firefox is still the superiour browser- it's safer and far more customizable. :bow:

LeftEyeNine
04-27-2006, 10:15
Where is AdrianII ? I need support :idea2:

Mikeus Caesar
04-27-2006, 16:02
Opera is the best one...

Wow, apparently there are some people with good taste around here.

Go for Opera. It doesn't need all those silly plug-ins that FF has, and it's by far the safest browser. In my 4 months of having it, i've only had 1 pop-up and 0 viruses, compared to IE, with half a billion pop ups per day and 2 viruses.

drone
04-27-2006, 16:56
And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

:2thumbsup: