PDA

View Full Version : Edyz MapMod

edyzmedieval
04-21-2006, 14:33
This is a small unofficial project for EB which I am working on.
I am editing the map, to provide a better quality of play.

My edits will include fixing map bugs(misplaced tiles, islands...) and some new features like new mountains and hills.

EB MapMod v0.2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XU7VYHK

The updated MapMod includes all of the fixes below, including Bonny's latest complete sprite pack. ~:)

Map fixes

Germany River Bug

https://img282.imageshack.us/img282/4718/river2rz.th.jpg (https://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=river2rz.jpg)

This is a bug of the map, in which the river doesn't end into the sea, it ends into the land. A small fix and this bug is repaired. The river now ends in the sea.

Macin Mountains

https://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1384/macin4ga.th.jpg (https://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=macin4ga.jpg)

These mountains are the oldest mountains in Scythia Minor, today being extremely small(roughly 450 metres in height). I decided to represent them on the map

Iberia map fix

https://img164.imageshack.us/img164/6084/shot23kp.th.jpg (https://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot23kp.jpg)

Just south of Sucum-Murgi, there is a map bug.
Sort of a "beach" in the south of the city, which allowed the river to go into the land. It was a tile problem in map_heights.tga.

Also, I carried some other improvements:
-Mytilene landbridge fix
-Bonny's Complete Sprite Pack included
-Armenia lake fix
-Indian coast fix

I still need to carry on some other editing. ~:)
Future fixes include:
-resources placement fixes
-heavy coastline bug fixing(Britannia and Red Sea)

edyzmedieval
04-25-2006, 14:07
Added Germany River Bug fix. ~:)

Teleklos Archelaou
04-25-2006, 15:11
A before and after pic would probably even further show how much you've helped by making these changes. Just a recommendation. :grin:

edyzmedieval
05-09-2006, 14:31
Ah ok. :grin:

Working on some other stuff. The resources placement seems a bit muddled.... :inquisitive:

edyzmedieval
05-23-2006, 15:20
I'm nearing the completion of editing the Mytilene landbridge problem.
With this post, I am announcing that I shall use Bonny's Sprite Pack for my mod, to add some more flavour.

:2thumbsup:

Mithradates
05-23-2006, 17:59
Any chance of this stuff gettin added to the port?

edyzmedieval
05-23-2006, 21:10
I guess so. If the team likes it, then it will be surely added to the port. ~:)

Kralizec
05-24-2006, 00:16
I'll download and install it when I'm through with my current campaign.

Just curious: what does Edyz mean? Is it your real name?

edyzmedieval
05-24-2006, 13:26
~:)

I plan on checking the correct placement of the resources. They might be a bit muddled though. I haven't had time. :cry:

I am compiling the work. I hope soon I can get the new sprite pack from Bonny, so I can include it. :book:

Edyz comes from Edy(my name) + Z to make it more cool. ~D

Cronos Impera
05-24-2006, 13:55
~:)

I plan on checking the correct placement of the resources. They might be a bit muddled though. I haven't had time. :cry:

I am compiling the work. I hope soon I can get the new sprite pack from Bonny, so I can include it. :book:

Edyz comes from Edy(my name) + Z to make it more cool. ~D

I thought Edyzmedieval comes from edy the medieval ( the changed to z):laugh4:

edyzmedieval
05-24-2006, 16:36
Yeap, that too. ~:)

I might consider adding some skinpacks, though I'm not sure about this, because the EB units are very good.

edyzmedieval
05-26-2006, 16:28
Version 0.1 released!!!

See download link up ^^!!!! ~:)

stalin
05-26-2006, 18:53
Edyz my original corrected_regions.tga is in the
C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War
and not in

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

should I copy the file there anyway?

edyzmedieval
05-26-2006, 19:23
That's just generic stuff man.

And yes, do that. Plus, erase map.rwm after you copy the files!!!! :idea2:

draek25
06-01-2006, 09:49
Thanks for your great work.May i request something edyz ?:hide: In my country megaupload is forbidden:furious3: Could you please upload your great work to rapid or somewhere else ?

edyzmedieval
06-01-2006, 12:38
Megaupload is forbidden? :jawdrop:

Where the heck are you? China? :dizzy2:
Ok, I'll try to upload it somewhere else.

draek25
06-01-2006, 14:57
:laugh4:

Nevermind , a country without hope :wall: Thanks again.:2thumbsup:

edyzmedieval
06-03-2006, 17:59
I've done some more minor work with the map.
Also, the new MapMod will include Bonny's new sprite pack and TK421's descriptions. ~:)

But for now, nothing new unfortunately, because I have exams.
The new MapMod will be out I guess on the 1st of July. :oops:

:skull:

edyzmedieval
06-03-2006, 18:27
Here's a RapidShare link to my Map Mod. ~:)

http://rapidshare.de/files/22116144/MapModv0.1rar.rar.html

draek25
06-04-2006, 01:14
Thank you so much.I am happy :2thumbsup: Here is a present :balloon2:
I will give feedback asa i try it.

edyzmedieval
06-04-2006, 11:07
Thank you Draek. Don't forget to erase map.rwm after you copy the contents. :book:

edyzmedieval
07-03-2006, 22:43
Some updates guys.
I'm on the process of fixing 2 new bugs:

-Indian coast bug
-Armenia province bug

Also, Bonny's Sprite Pack will be added to the latest version of the MapMod.

draek25
07-05-2006, 20:58
Good to hear from you Edyz !! I couldnt try the mod because of my exams :coffeenews: but i am eager to play eb+map mod :jumping: Good luck with it...

edyzmedieval
08-05-2006, 20:15
The 0.2 version of the MapMod will be available on Monday or Tuesday. ~:)

Tyfus
08-08-2006, 22:27
can you add the new all-in-one sprite update from Bonny for v 0.2

Also I'm really interested to see your work on thiss map but If as you suggested you add new skins that might put me off because I really like the ones EB has made already. Maybe if you do, do that you could post them as a seperate file so people can still try your map with out having to use new skins.
Just a thought
Thanks alot

edyzmedieval
08-09-2006, 12:19
I won't add any skins man, relax. ~:)
I'm including Bonny's Sprite pack in the new MapMod version.

Tyfus
08-09-2006, 19:20
Awesome, thanks and I am relaxed. even better I'm chillaxed

edyzmedieval
08-09-2006, 19:35
MapMod v0.2 released!!!! ~:cheers:

Download link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XU7VYHK

edyzmedieval
08-23-2006, 13:54
Any comments?

Simmons
08-24-2006, 01:03
Any comments?Well personally I'm holding off playing EB until 0.8

orwell
08-24-2006, 05:43
Removing the landbridge between italy and sicily would be kind of nice. Playing as Carthage I want to keep my stronghold in sicily,and even dominate the island, but I want to let Rome grow to its utmost potential before I face off with them, instead of messana being taken forces war. Now, if they can figure out how to navally invade sicily, then its all theirs. Maybe the one between all the islands? I've seen the AI act when you remove the asia minor/europe land bridge, they just mill around. I imagine if your remove the nile landbridge, africa would move towards a more isolated, conquer carthage/egypt situation. I can't think of any other notable land bridges at the moment.

Simmons
08-24-2006, 06:01
I imagine if your remove the nile landbridge, africa would move towards a more isolated, conquer carthage/egypt situation. I can't think of any other notable land bridges at the moment.No you can't take away access to my old pal ptolemaioi!

edyzmedieval
08-24-2006, 09:37
Removing the landbridge between italy and sicily would be kind of nice. Playing as Carthage I want to keep my stronghold in sicily,and even dominate the island, but I want to let Rome grow to its utmost potential before I face off with them, instead of messana being taken forces war. Now, if they can figure out how to navally invade sicily, then its all theirs. Maybe the one between all the islands? I've seen the AI act when you remove the asia minor/europe land bridge, they just mill around. I imagine if your remove the nile landbridge, africa would move towards a more isolated, conquer carthage/egypt situation. I can't think of any other notable land bridges at the moment.

Hmmm, removing the landbridge between Italy and Sicily wouldn't be a bright idea, since it would take away the war between Qarthadast and Romani.

What do you mean with the Nile landbridge? The one which leads to Hierosolyma and Petra?

orwell
08-24-2006, 15:32
Er, isn't there one just west of Alexandreia? Unfortunately I don't have access to .74, I'll have to check elsewhere.

It would destroy the Punic war, I was just hoping to have it as an optional add-on so that I can engage in a Punic war at my leisure as carthage. I'd rather war against the legions instead of the triarii.

As far as denying access to ptolemaioi, that was more a... monologue on what it would cause. I suppose if asking for this modification for .8 would be too much to ask, I'll look into it myself.

edyzmedieval
08-25-2006, 13:14
Er, isn't there one just west of Alexandreia? Unfortunately I don't have access to .74, I'll have to check elsewhere.

It would destroy the Punic war, I was just hoping to have it as an optional add-on so that I can engage in a Punic war at my leisure as carthage. I'd rather war against the legions instead of the triarii.

As far as denying access to ptolemaioi, that was more a... monologue on what it would cause. I suppose if asking for this modification for .8 would be too much to ask, I'll look into it myself.

The guys will have my head if I do things on my own without telling. :laugh4:

Megalos
08-31-2006, 10:07
Hey.

Great mini mod Ed, thanks alot!

One question though... The RAR file you have listed contains two EDB files (one in the main directory the other in sprites directory).

I was wondering which one is the correct one and why is there two files?

Cheers

Mega

edyzmedieval
08-31-2006, 16:19
That is from Bonny's Sprite Pack, which includes a fix of a Hayasdan sprite. The one from the main directory is the good one. ~:)

iberus_generalis
09-07-2006, 17:16
one question...how many regions does this map currently has???
i was planning on making an alteration to iberia..cuz some o of the current cities in this region are not the most important cities of the time....i was planning on adding two more provinces there, by dividing some of the already existing ones.....like Scallabis and Olissipo that were at the time quite important, and Bracara Augusta to the North...

Foot
09-07-2006, 17:24
one question...how many regions does this map currently has???
i was planning on making an alteration to iberia..cuz some o of the current cities in this region are not the most important cities of the time....i was planning on adding two more provinces there, by dividing some of the already existing ones.....like Scallabis and Olissipo that were at the time quite important, and Bracara Augusta to the North...

We are at the maximum allowed, 199 provinces.

Foot

iberus_generalis
09-07-2006, 19:01
damn...i was afraid of this....

edyzmedieval
09-16-2006, 00:44
You can do any changes you like to the EB map, but you need permission I think before you can release it to the public.