PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Played the Yuezhi?

mcsquared
05-01-2006, 01:09
I tried to play the Yuehzi recently but went broke immediately. I disbanded all my troops and had only generals left. I refused to adopt any more generals as they are expensive. I stayed with the game long enough to get trade rights with all the other factions but remained dead broke? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Teleklos Archelaou
05-01-2006, 01:20
They are very very incomplete - and they will be dropped in the next build. So you wont' find too much help with them currently. But that's not going to keep folks from trying them out. Maybe a challenge is a good thing. :grin:

Avicenna
05-01-2006, 13:47
Trade rights are no use if your country isn't bordering another.

Use all your troops to secure a few rebel provinces!

Simmons
05-02-2006, 10:02
Use all your troops to secure a few rebel provinces!
Exactly go exterminate a few rebel towns and use the proceeds to get some economic buildings :skull:

general_varro
06-02-2006, 22:01
This is hilarious...I realize the yuezhi are really not meant to be played, but i luv a good challenge soooo...

I struggled for two weeks on vh/vh...I gotta be truthful, i never had so much fun with a faction. Anyway, I finally had to give up and go to H/M.

I made some real progress..actually had 10 territories under my control, and I thought I could actually write u guys/gals a letter sayin I had won!

Around 200 bc, all my family members started spawning in ROME! lol. As a lark, I hired a huge merc army and sieged Rome itself. On the next turn my generals were gone (assassinated to a man)...

I didnt continue...cant get around the computer spawning all your future generals 3000 miles away (oh, by the way, the generals couldnt leave italy due to some sorta invisible barrier)...

Anywho, I will miss the yuezhi...playin as them you sorta never feel invincible...no steamrollin...

lator gators

sedlacekj
06-18-2006, 19:36
were you using 7.2 or 7.4? just curious, I haven't gotten to 200 BC yet. I am ten years in and I have four territories. Infantry sucks though. Having been an infantry guy myself, I like real tough, kick-ass, death-dealing infantry. My favorites are the better phalanx types.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
06-18-2006, 20:53
Please guys, stop refering to EB 0.74 BETA as 7.4 GOLD (finished product) release.

And the Yuezhi are meant to be played like any faction in the mod. They just had few units made so far.

general_varro
06-20-2006, 06:03
I played w/the 7.4 patch.

lemme know how your game goes!!!!

as for the yuezhi being playable...I dont know how u could think this.
Consider the fact that you start off w/ a spy and a diplomat...take care of em, cause as far as I know, you will never get any others. I didnt start off w/the ability to train either nor did any of my conquered cities have them as options...no matter what buildings I had.

sithlord85
06-20-2006, 06:27
They are very very incomplete - and they will be dropped in the next build. So you wont' find too much help with them currently. But that's not going to keep folks from trying them out. Maybe a challenge is a good thing. :grin:
The yuezhi are not goiing to be in V0.8.:inquisitive:

Cozur
06-20-2006, 09:20
in my game, the yuezhi have taken over all of Bactria and Pahlav.. guess they are good for something

Teleklos Archelaou
06-20-2006, 14:33
sith: They are long gone in our current internal build. We have released two new faction icons - one took the faction slot of the Yuezhi, and one uses the old senate slot (there were no restrictions on what culture those two factions had to be though).

Aymar de Bois Mauri
06-20-2006, 16:25
I played w/the 7.4 patch.No. You played with the 0.74 patch. Are fractions so hard to understand?

las for the yuezhi being playable...I dont know how u could think this.
Consider the fact that you start off w/ a spy and a diplomat...take care of em, cause as far as I know, you will never get any others. I didnt start off w/the ability to train either nor did any of my conquered cities have them as options...no matter what buildings I had.Those are bugs that were to be sorted out. Every faction is meant to be played in EB.

orwell
06-20-2006, 23:46
Every faction is meant to be played in EB.

Will the eleutheroi see any more work? Or at least be able to save? Every time I played them they seemed as functional as the more complete ones except that you couldn't save. I haven't tested just loading from an autosave though.

Foot
06-21-2006, 00:16
Will the eleutheroi see any more work? Or at least be able to save? Every time I played them they seemed as functional as the more complete ones except that you couldn't save. I haven't tested just loading from an autosave though.

Eleutheroi are not meant as a playable faction and so no work on them will be made as to regards creating them more user friendly.

Foot

Teleklos Archelaou
06-21-2006, 00:49
Yeah, that's a technicality. :grin: We don't intend for the eleutheroi to be played, though it is possible I suppose. It might not be possible in our new build though - from the way unit recruitment will be run.

About the eleutheroi though - since all 21 spots will be taken up by real factions on the new build, the only way someone can pick eleutheroi would be to go into descr_strat.txt, and move a legitimate faction to a slot after the slave faction - since otherwise their icon will not appear on the selection menu (it will only show 21 factions, regardless of there being 22 possible ones).

Reverend Joe
06-21-2006, 03:09
Trust me, you won't be missing much. I tried playing the Eleutheroi a few times, and it's nothing like playing the rebels in MTW or STW, where it felt like you were leading a great (grey) tidal wave. Here, it was more along the lines of growing grass. And trying to keep everyone else from stomping on it, which they did regardless. :dizzy2:

general_varro
06-21-2006, 07:24
Aymar my friend, all I know is that its 7.4 times harder to win with the yuezhi than it is to win with the armenians, whom are 7.4 times harder to win with than the Romans.

And I'm terrible with fractions and statistics 7.4 out of 10 people are y'know.

Comrade Alexeo
06-21-2006, 09:53
Aymar my friend, all I know is that its 7.4 times harder to win with the yuezhi than it is to win with the armenians, whom are 7.4 times harder to win with than the Romans.

Bada-ching!

Aymar de Bois Mauri
06-21-2006, 18:43
Well, if people persist on being obtuse than that is their business...

Ludens
06-21-2006, 20:19

~D

The yuezhi are not goiing to be in V0.8.:inquisitive:
Yes. It was decided to remove them because it is doubtfull they were on the EB map at the start of the game, and even if they were their main focus would have been east, not west. Lateron, the moved west and conquered Baktria, but this did not happen until they were defeated in the east. Also, to accurately portray their historical situation, the Chinese and the Xionghu would also need to be included.

sithlord85
06-22-2006, 05:55
~D

Yes. It was decided to remove them because it is doubtfull they were on the EB map at the start of the game, and even if they were their main focus would have been east, not west. Lateron, the moved west and conquered Baktria, but this did not happen until they were defeated in the east. Also, to accurately portray their historical situation, the Chinese and the Xionghu would also need to be included.
Oh sorry:oops: