PDA

View Full Version : Beta version ?

jamiegr
05-03-2006, 06:54
will you release a beta version of this mod ?
it looks really good

and one other question, this mod is for rome total war Barbarian Invasion right ?

oooooouuuuu, i have so many questions!

There has always been one thing that has annoyed me on rome total war and the barbarian expansion, it is too hard to make a good profit, the capital is always at -2000denars and other towns gradualy go into the minuses. will this mod change any of this and make it easier to get a profit from all towns?

A good idea, to change the game would be to have a rpofit you get depending on the size of your population, varying depending on what faction you play as and how many soldiers you have.

[next time just edit instead of triple posting :) - Caius]

caius britannicus
05-03-2006, 15:15
Beta... yes there will be an beta release of the FULL game for bug testing.

Yes it is for Barbarian Invasion utilizing the latest patch

The gameplay focuses on battles and strategic placement of armies. Money and trade are second and so money will not be a problem for the player.

CrownOfSwords
05-03-2006, 19:20
Your work is awesome sign me up for the beta whenever it comes along :juggle2:

jamiegr
05-03-2006, 21:52
i cant wait for this , looks so exelent.

Ciaran
05-04-2006, 12:43
[...]
There has always been one thing that has annoyed me on rome total war and the barbarian expansion, it is too hard to make a good profit, the capital is always at -2000denars and other towns gradualy go into the minuses. will this mod change any of this and make it easier to get a profit from all towns? [...]

Actually, your cities don´t lose you money. The army and family member costs are distributed among all cities according to the city´s population size - a large city is alotted a larger amout of upkeep costs than a small one, therefore it looks like bigger cities are losing money. In truth they are not. All income goes into one big pool and from it expenses are covered, as shown on the financial overview screen. To see what the city earns look up the settlement details and add up all figures in the income line, that´s what´s important.

Actually, sorry for the hijack.

Incongruous
05-13-2006, 01:47
Oooh Beta Beta

tutankamon
05-24-2006, 19:30
Awsome units!! when will your beta be out??

SkyElf
07-12-2006, 05:37
Sounds Good Look forward to the Beta version of the Mod!

:2thumbsup:

Count Flip
07-22-2006, 07:21
Beta... yes there will be an beta release of the FULL game for bug testing.

ok so your saying that the FULL game is gonna be released... and ppl who are waiting for the beta might just be waiting for the full mod.... lol they didnt think about wat you actually said in your post :laugh4:

Manslaughter the Great
07-22-2006, 20:59
I think he'll release a 1.0 versian for any last bug testing and then release a final 2.0 wiht maybe some modifications to it after that.

Count Flip
07-22-2006, 21:10
he said in other forums that they were gonna do internal bug testing then release the full mod...

caius britannicus
07-23-2006, 00:16
Because things are progressing slower than usual these days. I will be releasing the internal Custom Battles Beta to the public some time in the near future. This beta will include only the balanced units, unit cards and descriptions.

iglauskas
07-23-2006, 07:59
Wow, that's great news! ~:cheers:

Manslaughter the Great
07-23-2006, 21:30
How soon will this beta be released? And is there an estimate on the final versian?

Manslaughter the Great I
08-05-2006, 06:18
Anything new Caius? I'm dying to play but we're waiting....:book:

Fate
10-10-2006, 19:04
Id be well up for testing the beta, if needs be, send me a pm

Oguz_Yabgu
10-11-2006, 00:17
speed up pls

Glaucus
10-11-2006, 00:31
speed up pls

Thats not an obnoxious comment or anything.

caius britannicus
10-11-2006, 02:15
Thats not an obnoxious comment or anything.

At least he stopped pming me. He's sent a couple pms to me asking for the mod for his forums. Actually I wouldn't call it asking, more like demanding. But I would chalk that up to him not knowing the english language that well.

kataphraktoi
10-13-2006, 05:23
How soon will this beta be released? And is there an estimate on the final versian?

I wonder if the sticky "don't ask for release date" covers asking for release date of betas too :laugh4:

ignacius_magnus
11-01-2006, 16:09
when will the mod will be out i know i sound like a broken record but....HELLOOO

I remember when it was supposed to be out like a century ago in the month of june or july .......i mean MTW2 has already released a second demo and the full version of mtw2 release version is around the corner i remember something abou the crusades being released before mtw2??? when is going to be released then a minute before mtw2?? i mean really......

and besides people would stop nagging u about the release date if u would at least threw us a bone and give us a lil demo just to get by...and i know the people working on the mod are only a few but come on u cant expect us to live off screenshots this long!!! throw us a bone here man!

caius britannicus
11-01-2006, 17:47
Patience is a virtue.... good things come to those that wait.

Glaucus
11-01-2006, 21:58
good things come to those that wait.

Good things? The Crusades looks awe-inspiring, fantastic, spectacular, amazing, great, humongous and gargantuan!

Dooz
11-02-2006, 04:42
when will the mod will be out i know i sound like a broken record but....HELLOOO

I remember when it was supposed to be out like a century ago in the month of june or july .......i mean MTW2 has already released a second demo and the full version of mtw2 release version is around the corner i remember something abou the crusades being released before mtw2??? when is going to be released then a minute before mtw2?? i mean really......

and besides people would stop nagging u about the release date if u would at least threw us a bone and give us a lil demo just to get by...and i know the people working on the mod are only a few but come on u cant expect us to live off screenshots this long!!! throw us a bone here man!

The man's gonna' give you a full-on 7 course meal, your begging for bones. Pah! He knows what he's doing, not realeasing a demo or anything so everything will be fresh and incredible right from the beginning, and as bug free and feature-packed as can be for now. Although I gotta' say, some of my favorite stuff I'm looking forward to most in this mod is yet to be implemented, such as the caravan mini-games and scripts and traits and so on. Those will indeed bump up this mod a great many notches into best-of-the-best status.

ignacius_magnus
11-03-2006, 04:16
caius u wrote this on a board...

I'd like to give a big "@#$% YOU" to all the posters in here telling me to give up. The mod will be released in october more than a month before M2TW is out. I have on my computer a fully functioning mod that has everything but the final touches to the campaign map. I would much appreciate it if those who want me to scrap 1 year of work to not download it. I don't want it tainted with your bullshit attitudes.

The mod will be released in october more than a month before M2TW is out???!!!!!!!!

october has ended!!!!!!!!

whats up with that?????

caius britannicus
11-03-2006, 05:24
As I have been stating, thiings outside of my control are holding back the mod. This project isn't a job for the people working on it and I don't run a company. Although I can commit time or stay up late to work on the mod, it is not my place to hound people to get stuff done. I do my best to motivate and push people to finish their work, but sometimes thats not enough. As you've noticed alot of features have been slowly cut, this has been done to accomodate people that have fallen behind in their duties. Sadly as it drags on more and more features are being dropped. Doing this brings the release closer, and at this point the mod sits 99.9% ready for public consumption. I won't say whats missing (there are those that know who aren't part of the team). I am doing all that is in my power to get the mod ready and out the door, but sometimes you just can't control what happens.

However, that being said, I do not appreciate the tone in which you have posted. You are in no position to make demands of me and I would appreciate it if you were more respectful in the future.

Hack & Slash
11-05-2006, 15:55
Caius,

I do appreciate the year that you have put into this mod and I am quite sure that there are many more people out there who feel the same way. Don't let a couple of impatient people sour your view of the community. I eagerly await the completion of your excellent mod!

Shishan
11-07-2006, 04:22
patience is virtue...im with u ciaus untill the end (i mean the release).. once its out ill spend my time infront of my pc hehehe :coffeenews:

Glaucus
11-07-2006, 04:31
^^ I think the Crusades = bad news for my GPA...