PDA

View Full Version : MTW 2 advert movie trailer!

Zatoichi
05-08-2006, 08:39
OK - check out the small (in dimension only) advert trailer which is running on the side of this page:

http://www.eurogamer.net/index.php?platform=pc

It includes the infamous '7 second' clip, and expands on it in a rather glorious fashion!

Kudos to the nice folks at twcenter for stumbling across this first.

Enjoy!

The_Doctor
05-08-2006, 09:39
Cool.:2thumbsup:

Rockets?

Duke John
05-08-2006, 09:42
No, they are organ guns or something. Multiple small cannons (or large handguns) on one carriage. They were introduced to M:TW with VI.

Simmons
05-08-2006, 09:56
Thanks Zatoichi the video looks pretty good but you can't see much detail I guess the high res video will be released for E3.

Furious Mental
05-08-2006, 10:26
They look decidedly like the type of rocket launchers used in medieval Korea. Also the projectiles they fire look like rockets.

edyzmedieval
05-08-2006, 10:39
Thanks Zatoichi. ~:)

Your turn to steal the video part. ~D

Vlad The Impala
05-08-2006, 10:51
Wow, this is awesome (the 7 second trailer didn't display on my PC for reasons unknown to mankind), thanks for posting the link. The shot of the knights lowering their lances made me go *gulp*, great stuff! :D

lancelot
05-08-2006, 11:12
That was frackin sweet! Did you see the size of that map!?!?

Well done CA....give this a sensible AI and I'll be singing your praises till the cows come home.

The_Doctor
05-08-2006, 11:13
They are rockets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_artillery

The use of rockets as some form of artillery dates back to medieval China where devices such as fire arrows were used. The basic idea of fire arrows were expanded in such invention as the Korean Shin Ki Chon. The use of medieval rocket artillery was picked up by the invading Mongols and spread to the Ottoman Turks who in turn used them on the European battlefield. Although the technique was therefore known to Europeans from the 17th century their use fell out of favor until the late 18th century when the British invented the Congreve rocket after facing rocket artillery in battle in India.

The Blind King of Bohemia
05-08-2006, 11:23
The game looks amazing and some of the units look beautiful. I like the finishing moves when the enemy are on the ground, looks very promising, can't wait to its release

Ciaran
05-08-2006, 11:31
Wow, now that looked extremely cool, though probably way over the top for my system ~;)

If it plays as well as it looks, then MTW2 is going to be a winner.

Dutch_guy
05-08-2006, 15:37
Video looks very nice, and I actually like those kill moves featured in this movie - especially the one where the swordsman stabs his sword in his enemy , turns it, and pulls it out of his dying enemy - is well done.

Other than that I can only echo Ciaran :

If it plays as well as it looks, then MTW2 is going to be a winner.

:balloon2:

x-dANGEr
05-08-2006, 15:42
If it plays as well as it looks, then MTW2 is going to need a new PC
Yes, it is very exciting, actually, it is too exciting :sweatdrop:

A.Saturnus
05-08-2006, 20:49
I don't see any rockets there.

Martok
05-09-2006, 01:05
That was frackin sweet! Did you see the size of that map!?!?

Yeah, that was actually the first thing that caught my eye. If cities/castles are located at the center of the battle maps, then they must be frickin' huge!! If what we saw was fairly represantative of what most of the battle maps will be like, then I think we can assume that CA heeded our call to make them bigger. ~:)

I also have to echo what BKB and Dutch Guy said about the finishing moves. They actually look pretty good, and not nearly as cheesy as I'd feared. If CA keeps this up, I might have to actually start believing the game could be great after all. [crosses fingers]

econ21
05-09-2006, 09:09
I don't see any rockets there.

They pulled the longer version of the trailer, so you probably missed it. No doubt it will be released in due course.