PDA

View Full Version : MegasMusicMod v1.0 - An unofficial mod for EB

Megalos
05-08-2006, 18:03
Well after getting completely sick and tired of the vanilla music and seeing that some people wanted a change also, i've decided to compile some new music for EB.

You can download the mod here

http://files.filefront.com/MegasMusicMod_v1rar/;5049979;;/fileinfo.html

To install navigate to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds and make a copy of both music.dat and music.idx and keep them somewhere safe.
Now extract the contents of the download to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\sounds and start up EB.
To unistall simply copy and paste the originals (that you made a copy of earlier) to the same directory.
Don't take any notice of the readme, as it is already outdated!

As a side note, the mod isn't amasing at the moment, but there are some fitting tracks that will work ingame as it stands.

Any tracks that you might like for any future versions, make a request in this thread for their consideration (they won't all get in but you never know!).

If there is anyone who can "clean up" some of the sound qualities and would like to do so for this mod, please PM me.

I hope you enjoy the mod!

Mega

Geoffrey S
05-08-2006, 21:31
Does it contain copyrighted (movie)tracks? If so, you may want to remove the link.

Megalos
05-08-2006, 21:51
Not that I know of. All of the music was taken from other mods or free downloadable from the internet.

Epistolary Richard
05-08-2006, 23:36
My advice would be to check to ensure that the music taken from other mods is also available for free distribution - the Org will not allow links to copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder or a licencee.

BdIV
05-13-2006, 23:59
I agree with Epistolary Richard. I noticed the download is still up and could not see which music was being used, but If you took music that was created for other mods, and did not get the permisssion of either the composer or/and the mod team, their music should not be included in this download. Being able to download does not mean songs are for use without permission, unless otherwise stated. May I ask which mods you took the music from?

Christianus
05-17-2006, 17:24
Will you remove that annoying person comentating when breaking through the walls, having a victory etc?

Turms
06-11-2006, 18:50
How can I unpack music.dat ? I want to listen the tracks when i am not playing.

Ludens
06-12-2006, 17:52
How can I unpack music.dat ? I want to listen the tracks when i am not playing.
I used Vercingetorix IDX extractor. You can find it here (http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=32). It unpacks all sounds files, including music, general's and advisor's speeches. It is a bit old, though.

Turms
06-12-2006, 20:17
thanks