PDA

View Full Version : Couple o' features

Furious Mental
05-09-2006, 03:00
Quite possibly everyone is already aware of this, but I haven't seen it any previews or forums. According to the Sega website you can catapult dead animals into enemy castles and cities. Nasty! It also states that you can ransom or execute captuted nobles. So it looks like you can capture prisoners (or, at least, the noble ones). http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Game/262.htm

Barbarossa82
05-09-2006, 11:59
there's a brand new multiplayer game mode in which to crush your enemies

I wonder if this means a multiplayer campaign?

Simmons
05-09-2006, 12:31
Ha! don't get my hopes up! :dizzy2:

Seriously though considering how much effort it would take I think they would promote it like crazy.

Peasant Phill
05-09-2006, 13:25
They're most likely talking about multiplayer battles and not campaigns.

Every time CA said something about MP campaigns, they said that it was too difficult to implement.

Mooks
05-10-2006, 12:45
/Me thinks they being lazy

Dutch_guy
05-10-2006, 14:58
Quite possibly everyone is already aware of this, but I haven't seen it any previews or forums. According to the Sega website you can catapult dead animals into enemy castles and cities. Nasty! It also states that you can ransom or execute captuted nobles. So it looks like you can capture prisoners (or, at least, the noble ones). http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Game/262.htm

Well the catapulting of dead animals is certainly a new feature, well I've never seen it mentioned here.
Also the comment on ransoming or executing nobles sounds very interesting, if they'd manage to incorporate such a system for non-nobles ( meaning regular soldiers ) it would be great.

And no, I don't think...

there's a brand new multiplayer game mode in which to crush your enemies

... means that there will be a new multiplayer campaign. I'd say they mean that you'd be able to play Mp in different modes which make the MP experience a bit different from other (total war) games, something like ''defend the stronghold'' ''hold that hill'' or something like that. Multiplayer campaign would be great, but hey , we'll always be able to PBM :2thumbsup:

:balloon2:

Voigtkampf
05-11-2006, 07:31

I put my money on "not".

Mooks
05-12-2006, 12:52
And also, most people would not have enough time for a mp campaign. Unless you can save and come back with your buddies later and play. Then it would only be seriosly played by a close group of friends online.

Avicenna
05-12-2006, 16:12
Biological warfare eh? Finally some more depth into the sieges and not just waiting it out. ~:thumb:

Multiplayer campaigns would be very difficult to arrange.. especially if even one person is a micromanager.

Furious Mental
05-13-2006, 16:46
Well there was biological warfare in RTW as well, but I don't think it was intended