PDA

View Full Version : Heroic example

aln
05-09-2006, 21:51
I've just fought a small skirmish with the Aedui. Both armies were lead by captains, Romani 3 light infantry and Aedui 2 light infantry. During the melee I noticed both captains cutting a swathe towards each other. They then engaged in an epic combat until finally my heroic captain succumbed!!!. It was one of the coolest things yet in an excellent game.
Have anyone else noticed such things on the field of battle?.

Cheexsta
05-10-2006, 04:21
I've had a few situations where I've had no choice but to commit my general to combat or risk losing my whole army when the enemy general starts rolling up my troops. One such battle involved my Aedui general fighting for dear life to stop two units of enemy Leuce Epos from flanking my wavering troops. His heroic example spurred the rest of my troops on, and even though he eventually died fighting, the enemy cavalry was too weak to break my troops and eventually the enemy line broke.

It was a pity that the game crashed after the battle due to the reinforcement CTD :wall:

Edit: wait, no, the CTD occurred in the battle after this one. Either way, the battle was lost after the CTD anyway.

paullus
05-10-2006, 05:27
Had a good one messing around today. Antigonos vs Chrematides (that may well be wrong) at Athenai. Shortly after this screen, Antingonos' following stroke split through armor, flesh, and bone, felling the strategos of the Athenians. Purty dang cool.

https://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8501/totwnstrategwnagon5mz.th.jpg (https://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=totwnstrategwnagon5mz.jpg)

abou
05-10-2006, 05:53
That is an awesome screenshot!

Disciple of Tacitus
05-10-2006, 21:56
I thought I had had some heroic battles - nothing like your skirimish - and yes, that is one awesome screenshot!

Wardo
05-10-2006, 22:48
Yes, in my Eiperote campaign, Phyrrus and the Makedonian King, whose name I forgot already :dizzy2: , engaged in a melee, fighting each other and finally killing each other.

It was great. My Phyrrus died, but took the Makedonian king with him, since that day, Ptolemaio Aikades, or whatever is his name, swore revenge and hunted Makedonians to the last man walking on Earth, much like Alexander and Darius. I felt great pleasure in destroying Makedon and exterminating their population. Lots of fun.

Patriarch of Constantinople
05-11-2006, 03:10
Before I got RTW gold (looked better but i couldnt use EB) I fought as the Romans and attacked the Carthaginians (called somethign else but i cant remember) the enemy general ordered a mass charge which he personally led. i ordered my men to charge back. i saw the general get his head chopped off by mine (not litterally but he got him in the neck) his men ran and i laughed at them.

Edit: im sorry i meant that my friend has EB. i just started a campaign on his EB

Avicenna
05-11-2006, 08:04
I always use my generals in combat due to the need for heavy cavalry. I had my faction leader (Akrotatos Lakedaimonos) fight Antigonos Gonatas, but the fight took ages even on triple speed, so I just ran him into my line of Taxeis Hoplitai :tongue: After that.. the game CTD'd.