PDA

View Full Version : new MTW2 video

Lord Adherbal
05-10-2006, 20:01
in case no one noticed, you can download a new MTW2 video at the new totalwar.com (gallery > video).
It's still quite poor quality, but IMO it looks good. No cavalry plowing through endless rows of infantry like we saw in RTW trailers. It looks much more static now, which means slower gameplay. Let's just hope all the combat penalties/bonuses from MTW/STW that were missing in RTW are back aswell (ex: penalty when surrounded, disorganised, too crowded formation, ...).

ivoignob
05-10-2006, 20:18
Wow, not bad! But I am sure some people will be able to find flaws again. Like the "three-metre-vertical-jumping-before-hitting-move. It doesn't bother me very much, the battles look almost like the ones from recent movies.
But I am more interested in playability than the look.

Lord Adherbal
05-10-2006, 20:21
the kill moves might be over-the-top, but I don't care aslong as the tactical gameplay from MTW/STW is back...

Viking
05-10-2006, 20:55
Link (http://www.totalwar.com/asset_library/Videos/video_mtw2_gamepreview.mov)(Quicktime).

It looks simply awseome when the soldier is penetrated by a sword, and whenhe is kicked of it. It also looks awesome when that wounded guy fall down on his knees, and is then executed by an enemy (very end of movie).

Simply awesome. :2thumbsup:

Manstein
05-10-2006, 20:56
The trailer wasn't very much impressive in my eyes, but it shows off some of the gameplay and how it may look like.

Next time, I want Aztecs in the video!

Furious Mental
05-11-2006, 10:12
Doubtful. The newsletter CA just sent out said the Aztecs would be shown at E3 but only in a closed door function. So it looks like they intend to keep them under wraps for the time being.

Ciaran
05-11-2006, 10:29
I like the look of it, but as I wrote in my comment for the other trailer, looks aren´t everything (and I´m worried about hardware requirements).

However, I sincerely hope CA re-includes the feature for saving campaign battle replays - if they do, we´ll have battle movies instead of reports :director:

Duke John
05-11-2006, 10:46
Wow! I am a believer! :grin:

Ludens
05-14-2006, 19:32
The combat looks very good, and the finishing moves aren't half as gamey as I feared. Perhaps the soldiers expose themselves a little to much when striking, but it isn't worse than R:TW's jumping soldiers. Which are also in, I notice. The only worrying thing I noticed was that infantry still runs too fast. I suppose CA has to take into account the opinion of those who don't want to wait five minutes before engaging in combat, but for me the rushing of R:TW is distinctively less enjoyable than the slow, measured battles of its predecessors. Instead of an arcade mode, may I suggest a realism mode for M2:TW?

Voigtkampf
05-18-2006, 05:43
The only worrying thing I noticed was that infantry still runs too fast.

My thoughts exactly.

Instead of an arcade mode, may I suggest a realism mode for M2:TW?

:idea2:

Orda Khan
05-19-2006, 16:56
Adherbal'] Let's just hope all the combat penalties/bonuses from MTW/STW that were missing in RTW are back aswell (ex: penalty when surrounded, disorganised, too crowded formation, ...).
Just as long as they sort out some, such as feigned retreats being seen as actual retreats and causing a morale penalty

........Orda

B-Wing
05-19-2006, 23:35
Well, I was impressed by the visuals. But I wish they'd release a video that would focus less on quick n' flashy battle scenes and more on the actual strategic elements of the game. I know graphics sell more than gameplay, but it wouldn't hurt to show off some of the deeper aspects of the game.

NagatsukaShumi
05-20-2006, 00:07
Dear god....I think me and my PC just had a heart attack watching that.

Ibn Munqidh
05-20-2006, 00:14
I wish that CA (CA forumites, hear me!), would show us some pics of the campaign map. We're overloaded with battle pics, and videos, we want to see more of the campaign map.

I would also love to see more bombardment of castle/ city walls by artillary, to see how good the concept of "what you hit, you destroy" has been implemented in the game.

Monk
05-20-2006, 14:45
may I suggest a realism mode for M2:TW?

Dare I say, this is the best idea i've heard in a long time :2thumbsup:

Divinus Arma
05-28-2006, 22:32
More stupid jumping soliders. Alot of it looked nice, but when I saw all those hopping idiots I immediately felt dissapointed. One or maybe two is fine, but every 10th guy? GAH!

And I agree on the finishing moves: much better than I feared! :2thumbsup:

Basileus
05-29-2006, 02:22
Its only a video so i wont say to much, just hope the battles are more like in STW/MTW. I want to see some pics or vid of the campaing map aswell thats where i spend most of my time when i play TW :laugh4:

IrishArmenian
05-30-2006, 23:42
It looks great, and I like the dynamic armies. It is no longer like in Rome Total War where the guys just sidestep and thrust/slash. I think it will look much better. I would also like to see the campaign map, but beggars cannot be choosers. That movie got me excited and into a waiting-for-more fever.

Mount Suribachi
05-31-2006, 00:15
Instead of an arcade mode, may I suggest a realism mode for M2:TW?

:2thumbsup:

I wish that CA (CA forumites, hear me!), would show us some pics of the campaign map. We're overloaded with battle pics, and videos, we want to see more of the campaign map.

Have we even seen a picture of the campaign map yet? I may have missed it, would be nice...