PDA

View Full Version : On Skype -telephony any good?

C-F
05-10-2006, 21:49
Hi,
I live in the US, but have family/friends in Spain, Germany, etc.
The other day someone recommended 'Skype' for internet communication to me. Checked out the website and it looks like a dream come true...
That's why I'm asking for some feedback on any experience y'all might have.
Thanks.
..~:grouphug:

Beirut
05-10-2006, 21:55
Funny you mention it. A local guy who runs a very successful business told me all about it a few days ago. He couldn't say enough good things about it. Says it's an invaluable business tool.

_Martyr_
05-10-2006, 22:05
Yeah, Ive been using Skype for a while. Its a pretty sweet app. I talk to my sis in Australia for nothing. :) The sound quality is about as good as you would get if you were calling a mobile (cell) phone. Bye bye big telephone companies...

LeftEyeNine
05-10-2006, 22:44
Telephone companies are already on fire after VoIP providers grew so rapidly.

And Skype uses some bandwith and gives a good quality sound. Really nice tool if two ends have PCs.

_Martyr_
05-11-2006, 10:57
Even if they dont, calling pretty much anywhere in the world for 2 cent a minute on Skype Out isnt half bad either...

C-F
05-11-2006, 20:45
Well, first off - thanks for your comments.

Downloaded - installed - installed headset & camera and called spain...
Unbelievable, first time ever in almost 30years true plug&play 'out of the box' ~:cool:
And the quality was actually better than over the regular phone :2thumbsup:

Thanks again for your encouragement :bow: ~:cheers:

Monarch
05-19-2006, 18:29
Just downloaded Skype as a friend from school is getting CoD2, so we wanted to talk to each other whilst playing (can't exactly put him on LH's TS server, I think he'll get scared :P). We actually had the PS2 COD: Finest Hour net play and just raped our parents phone bills lol so Skype's a real saviour. (and a saviour from bad necks too). Just gave it a quick whirl and it works nicely enough :)

Would reccomend.