PDA

View Full Version : Demo wishlist

The Blind King of Bohemia
05-14-2006, 12:29
What would you like to see in the Demo? I above all would like to see an Aztec and conquistador battle. Maybe the battle of Otuma followed by the siege of Technochtitlan. I wouldn't mind seeing any battle in the New World for that matter. I do hope thought that the Aztecs and Incas and the Mayans are different in dress and military costume because they were nothing alike

lar
05-14-2006, 12:34
i guess just battles youd expect like england vs france or england vs scotland and some eastern ones involving turks and byzantines etc.

id like to see some crusades or something, but i guess theyll just put some battles or maybe just a series of battles together.

Furious Mental
05-14-2006, 13:09
The Timurids

edyzmedieval
05-14-2006, 13:25
I just want to see the Siege of Constantinople properly reconstructed.

Ultras DVSC
05-14-2006, 13:32
It doesn't matter for me what's gonna be included, but I'd like to play it as soon as possible.. ~;)

Rodion Romanovich
05-14-2006, 13:52
- A mini campaign a la Tutorial campaign of RTW
- A custom battle mode for at least 2 factions, maybe not entire unit rooster but a big part of it for those factions, and a few different maps to try them out, one of which could be a siege to see the new wall-mounted siege equipment that needs to be manned. Perhaps England and France could be the factions ~:)
- At least one historical battle, how about Hastings? Allow us to play both sides in all historical battles (even though they could be balanced for one side and you could recommend one of the factions you think it's most fun to play it as), and do the same to the full version of the game plz!

The Spartan (Returns)
05-14-2006, 16:07
a crusader historical battle (Hattin) medieval style (Hastings) rennaisance(Cortes and the Aztecs) i would ask for more but i have dial-up. downloading the BI demo took me like 3 days. p.s. and let us play both sides like in the BI demo.

Ignoramus
05-16-2006, 00:01
They'll probably have Agincourt.

Constantinius
05-16-2006, 01:07
- At least one historical battle, how about Hastings? Allow us to play both sides in all historical battles (even though they could be balanced for one side and you could recommend one of the factions you think it's most fun to play it as), and do the same to the full version of the game plz!
Unfortunately Legio, Hastings was in 1066, too early to be incorporated in the game, sadly i agree with you though, the Battle was a turning point for England, and would be a great way to prep us for the new game.
Here is a thought, maybe have the battle of Bosworth field, this was also a turning point as the house of york fell to a new line, the house of Tudor, and eventually bore the leader we all know from England, Henry VIII. We could play as the numerically superior, yet shaky forces of Richard III, or the forces of Henry Tudor, smaller, but confident in their man who would soon be Henry VII. The battle was bloody, and Richard III died in the fight, and some men actually switched sides during the battle... think about that scenario for a DEMO. I already have.

TigerVX
05-16-2006, 07:18
I'd like to have the MTW demo system back instead of what they did for RTW. In the Rome demo they just gave you two battles, in the Medieval one you got a taste of everything, and the last battle was awsome beyond words, and for a beginner really tested you on everything you learned. (It was my first TW experience, and as I watched waves of camels and infantry come over the dunes I was just :dizzy2: ) I just liked that demo alot more, maybe because there was just more to do then a hand held battle and one historical battle.

Midnight
05-16-2006, 08:07
I'd like a view of the strategy map.

Taurus
05-16-2006, 08:30
I'd like a tutorial battle as in all of the previous TW demos and also a short version of the campaign (very short) like the Prologue in RTW.

Rodion Romanovich
05-16-2006, 08:45
I'd like to have the MTW demo system back instead of what they did for RTW. In the Rome demo they just gave you two battles, in the Medieval one you got a taste of everything, and the last battle was awsome beyond words, and for a beginner really tested you on everything you learned. (It was my first TW experience, and as I watched waves of camels and infantry come over the dunes I was just :dizzy2: ) I just liked that demo alot more, maybe because there was just more to do then a hand held battle and one historical battle.
Yes, the MTW demo really set me in a mood where I HAD to buy MTW! That, and a lot of people around me praising it so much. When I got the game, it turned out that everything they said was true. Maybe some people got scared by the Jaffa battle, but I didn't, rather the other way around! After trying ambushing, flanking and rock-paper-scissors in the other tutorials I understood the game wouldn't be like the Jaffa battle all the way through.

Actually a difficult battle like that AND a tutorial campaign like that in RTW, both proving that they're able to make the game challenging (I want to lose the tutorial campaign and/or the battle!), would IMO be nicest. After seeing how easy RTW was, I'm eager to get a confirmation through the demo that they're able to keep the difficulty up, that's one of my main concerns.

doc_bean
05-16-2006, 09:00
Like others, I'd like to see a demo like the MTW one (or the Shogun one), long, rather difficult and showing off a lot of aspects of the game.

Lord Adherbal
05-16-2006, 13:01
I want to see a MP demo, but that's never gonna happen

t1master
05-16-2006, 13:15
along those lines, i'd like to see a demo that isn't scripted, and i'd like the battles not to be lightening fast clickfests that rtw demo/game were. i'd like units to respond to commands, groups to be sorted, kill rates to be sorted, i think elmo's got a post about rome around here....:laugh4: ...

from the few in game vids i've seen, this doesn't look like it's gonna be the case...:oops:

Ilsamir Lord
05-26-2006, 01:59
Well, a demo with a taste of each aspect of the game would be nice. But I'd be annoyed if they included anything more than say two factions, with a limited number of units. I don't want the game spoiled.

King Ragnar
05-26-2006, 09:22
A 100 years war battle with longbowmen :D and maybe a battle involving aztecs.

sunsmountain
05-26-2006, 13:53
Why not both? Aztec making a cameo appearence in the 100 years war battle, getting shot down by Longbowmen. ~:)

Ludens
05-27-2006, 20:13
Well, a demo with a taste of each aspect of the game would be nice. But I'd be annoyed if they included anything more than say two factions, with a limited number of units. I don't want the game spoiled.
My sentiment exactly.

I do sincerely hope that the M2:TW demo will be better than the R:TW one. That one showed the pretty graphics very well, but left very little for the player to experiment.

Ibn Munqidh
05-29-2006, 21:00
When do you think it will be released? I have a feeling that its soon, but what will a demo package contain?

:juggle2:

Moderator edit: merging your Demo! thread with wishlist one.

Husar
05-29-2006, 21:32
Well, usually one would expect the next Total War in September , but since the publisher changed and I read something about end of year release date, I wouldn´t expect a demo anytime soon. If the game comes out for Christmas, a demo more than half-a-year earlier would be somewhat weird, wouldn´t it?

The Spartan (Returns)
05-29-2006, 22:11
When do you think it will be released? I have a feeling that its soon, but what will a demo package contain?

:juggle2:
and i though you mean the demo was here.:shame:

Ibn Munqidh
05-29-2006, 22:29
Well, usually one would expect the next Total War in September , but since the publisher changed and I read something about end of year release date, I wouldn´t expect a demo anytime soon. If the game comes out for Christmas, a demo more than half-a-year earlier would be somewhat weird, wouldn´t it?

Hmmmmf, I thought that perhaps the release date was for september, perhaps the demo would be released sometime soon. Still, its much better if its released later, released full and unbotched, unlike BF2, which was released unfinished and filled with bugs.

Ibn Munqidh
05-29-2006, 22:30
and i though you mean the demo was here.:shame:

HAH, gotcha!:laugh4:

ivoignob
05-29-2006, 22:46
HAH, gotcha!:laugh4:

That was a bad joke :boxing:

lars573
05-29-2006, 22:49
The release date is in november. Expect any demo in mid october.

Basileus
05-30-2006, 01:56
If i remember correctly CA has released the demos like 1 month before release so expect it to come in october.

I dont mind, so far ive never had a chance to try the demos cause ive been away at the time of their release heh

Orda Khan
05-30-2006, 16:36
Battle of Kalka or Legnica. I want to see a decent Mongol battle

.......Orda