PDA

View Full Version : famaus castles and a suggestions/questions

dracosean
05-18-2006, 03:14
I have been thinking Will famaus Castles and cities be in the game, like the tower of london for one. I am wondering will the people speak in the own languange/ accent? I have a suggestion which might be cool if you do it right, you are getting rid of years as we have seen what if you have it competly real time starting from when ever you start to when you end. what that means is that it 1 day will go by every few minutes, of course if you have the option to speed it up or slow it down. if you played any of pardox's games you would know what i am talking about.
that is all i can i think of for the moment if i think of more I will post them here.

Mooks
05-18-2006, 03:20
Do you mean castles like Krak de Chevailles?

Ignoramus
05-18-2006, 04:09
I do hope they have historical castles, and not just generic ones.

Voigtkampf
05-18-2006, 05:31
And if not, there is always modding.

Ibn Munqidh
05-18-2006, 06:28
Krak De Chevaliers, Kerak

doc_bean
05-18-2006, 10:15
Constantinopel !!!!

Ibn Munqidh
05-18-2006, 10:46
If the map includes that, the legendary Alamaut

King Kurt
05-18-2006, 12:54
Carisbrooke castle on the Isle of Wight - I am biased as I drive by it every day on the way to work and it always make me think of MTW. It saw a fair bit of action during our period including a crossbow sniping from the ramparts of the french general who was beseiging it. It is most famous for being the jail for Charles the first before he was beheaded after the Civil war in the 1600's - he had 2 unsucessful escape attempts including 1 where he was too fat to get out of the window - the price of good living!!:2thumbsup:

screwtype
05-18-2006, 13:11
In Lords of the Realm II, they not only had a number of historic castles you could build, but you could also design your own, which was a really cool feature.

Love to have that in a TW game...

(Edit: I should have said, Amiga version of the game. That feature wasn't included in the PC version).

Sir Robin
05-18-2006, 16:15
Constantinople, "wasn't it Justinian that built the three walls?" would be superp. However my impression is that we will not see Constantinople due to one major reason, no ports. I have yet to see a castle/city screenshot with a major body of water forming part of its defense. Nor have I noticed a castle/city actually on the water's edge.

Constantinople, and several famous castles, used large bodies of water, lakes, rivers, oceans as part of their defenses. While a "Constantinople" will probably be in the game there will be no "Golden Horn" especially since there will be no ships to assault its sea wall with a la Fourth Crusade if memory serves.

Ibn Munqidh
05-18-2006, 18:19
Constantinople, "wasn't it Justinian that built the three walls?" would be superp. However my impression is that we will not see Constantinople due to one major reason, no ports. I have yet to see a castle/city screenshot with a major body of water forming part of its defense. Nor have I noticed a castle/city actually on the water's edge.

Constantinople, and several famous castles, used large bodies of water, lakes, rivers, oceans as part of their defenses. While a "Constantinople" will probably be in the game there will be no "Golden Horn" especially since there will be no ships to assault its sea wall with a la Fourth Crusade if memory serves.

Im pretty sure that one of the screenshots at ign showed a city, bombarded by Turks, that had a section of its wall unassailable due to river of some kind.

Furious Mental
05-18-2006, 18:36
Yes there are definitely some cities in the game which sit on the side of a river.

ShadesWolf
05-18-2006, 19:21
I Dont mind either way. As long as its easy to mod and place your own unique castles into provinces. So we will then be able to make what castles we wont.

Sir Robin
05-18-2006, 22:41
Yes there are definitely some cities in the game which sit on the side of a river.

Now to me, at least, that is a big improvement.

Mooks
05-19-2006, 11:10
You should be able to place your own small castles anywhere on the map, provided they be near a river (for easy food and water acess). After all, The word castille (a part of spain) means "Land of castles"