PDA

View Full Version : Our First Release!

Uesugi Kenshin
05-18-2006, 21:02
Due to some issues we have been having in getting the mod completed we have decided to release what we have completed so far. This unfortunately does not include a campaign, however if it sparks people's interests we still hope to continue work.

The file is a 50mb download that is 150mb when extracted.
http://www.users.on.net/~roehr/RTW/CTW/Citadel.rar

Shark974
05-18-2006, 21:10
Just extract to your RTW directory, then create a shortcut to the RTW executable by right clicking on it and selecting "Create Shortcut".
Find the shortcut you have just created, right click on it, and select "Properties" and then add -mod:citadel to the target (making sure it's outside of any quotation marks), so you should have something like this:
Target: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:citadel
We have a lot of units, factions and music ready to add to Citadel but we have not a scripter that can do it. If you like the demo and want to help us post on official forum.
(Updated the instructions to be a little more detailed - GPM)

polski_orzel
05-19-2006, 03:55
What is this for?? Is it BI or vanilla and what patch?

GodsPetMonkey
05-19-2006, 04:29
What is this for?? Is it BI or vanilla and what patch?

I have only tested it on a BI install, but it uses the vanilla exe (which is at v1.5). So in theory it should work on both, and any patch from 1.3 up.

Hack & Slash
05-19-2006, 04:32
HELP!!
I think the file may be corrupt. Upon downloading (several attempts) I am only getting a 16,290meg file.

Thanks.

Ciaran
05-19-2006, 11:38
What´s up? Chivalry releases a beta, you do... is this year chrismas in June, or something? Not that I´m complaining, of course...

The download worked fine for me.

DochtorGajo
05-19-2006, 14:14
HI:juggle2:

Well what could be wrong I followed instructions and got CTD. I have patch 1.5 and 1.6 installed.

Myrddraal
05-19-2006, 14:18
Why don't you advertise this in the Mod Discussion forum :smile:

Shark974
05-19-2006, 14:38
HI:juggle2:

Well what could be wrong I followed instructions and got CTD. I have patch 1.5 and 1.6 installed.
when it crash?
if it crash at menu screen try to change the map file (Europa map - Dump0000.m1v) with the same of Vanilla Rome.
If you do not solve it let me know, I will check again for more details.

DochtorGajo
05-19-2006, 16:18
I got CTD right after I started game. Menu screen dont even appeared.

Maybe its failure of my rar it cant recognize .pak file.

Shark974
05-19-2006, 16:52
I got CTD right after I started game. Menu screen dont even appeared.
Maybe its failure of my rar it cant recognize .pak file.
do you see rome intro movie? when it crash you see a rome icon on bottom bar that you can't open?

methoz
05-19-2006, 17:06
citadel and DATA ? extract to do shotcrut "Cit" ??
or overwrite DATA in RTW ?:help: :embarassed:

DochtorGajo
05-19-2006, 17:34
do you see rome intro movie? when it crash you see a rome icon on bottom bar that you can't open?

No I see only that first pic and thats all.:no: Tryed to install it once again but nothing changed.

GodsPetMonkey
05-19-2006, 22:40
You should extract the rar file just to your RTW directory - so that you should now have a 'citadel' directory in the same directory as your RTW exe (the pack file in the rar goes into DATA/packs, so if it asks to overwrite the DATA file, do so, don't worry, it wont delete everything else in there). If the rar file gives CRC errors, or doesn't include the pack file, then the mod wont work - it will CTD before the intro movies.

If you're having problems, try adding -nm -show_error to your target line (along with -mod:citadel). These will disable movies and show any errors the game picks up respectively. If your getting a crash, I would love to know about it!

So far it works fine for me on a fresh RTW with BI install that has had the latest patch applied (making it RTW 1.5, BI 1.6). If you have other mods installed, it may cause problems.

DochtorGajo
05-20-2006, 09:21
Yes I tryed open .pak and got message its either corrupted or unreadable. If problem is there I think it would be possible Id fix it.

DochtorGajo
05-20-2006, 10:05
It works. Finally. Really great work guys btw.:2thumbsup:

Shark974
05-20-2006, 12:56
It works. Finally. Really great work guys btw.:2thumbsup:
:2thumbsup: how have you solved the problem? maybe will be usefull for other people

DochtorGajo
05-20-2006, 14:49
It was very trivial but I realized that patch file directory was sepapate so I copied patch into packs folder and it works.

I could have noted this sooner.:wall:

soibean
05-27-2006, 15:40
when I download the beta it comes up as a music file and I cannot extract anything...?

JuliusCaesar
07-28-2006, 00:46
Plz help! I get this error-message when I start the game with "show_err":
https://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5449/errorst8.png (https://imageshack.us)

Yggdrasill
07-28-2006, 08:34
Are you sure you are starting the mod? I also get this message when I try to start the original RTW or BI with the mod installed.

JuliusCaesar
07-28-2006, 18:50
I ran the RomeTW.exe from the RTW folder where I installed the mod. Is there any other way to do it?

Shark974
07-28-2006, 21:14
I ran the RomeTW.exe from the RTW folder where I installed the mod. Is there any other way to do it?
To run Citadel you must create a new shortcut:

Just extract to your RTW directory, then create a shortcut to the RTW executable by right clicking on it and selecting "Create Shortcut".
Find the shortcut you have just created, right click on it, and select "Properties" and then add -mod:citadel to the target (making sure it's outside of any quotation marks), so you should have something like this:

JuliusCaesar
07-28-2006, 23:04
Thanks might. That did it. The mod finaly works now

Help, I've Fallen and Can't Get Up!
07-29-2006, 05:45
:help:
After installing this, are you still able to play RTW vanilla? Whenever I try and start rtw I get an error message that says, "unable to load mount database"
:help:

oh, and when i play citadel it is almost impossible to move around the main menu, its very...lagy. is it fps?
:help: :help: :help:
other than that the mod runs fine

please contact me at: whoami08721@comcast.net

or on AIM as whoami08721

if not, then ill just check up here every day

thanks in advance

Yggdrasill
07-29-2006, 08:52
I'll post the answer here then other users of the mod can see it and perhaps solve a few problems of their own.

I also can't play vanilla RTW or BI anymore. But that is not a problem since the installation of the mod only adds one file to your Data folder. It is very easy to disable that file when you want to play original game.

The file in question is called patch_1.pak, and is located in ''Your Main Rome folder''/Data/packs.

The way I do it is to have two Data folders, one with the patch_1.pak file, one without, and simply rename them at will. If I want to play original BI/RTW I rename the Data folder with the patch_1.pak file to something else that the game won't use, usually something like DataMod, and the original Data folder is then used. If I want to play the mod I rename the original Data folder to DataOrig, and the modded Data folder to Data so then that folder is used. It's that simple. Most probably you could do it by simply renaming the patch_1.pak file itself, I haven't tried that but it should work also.

Be sure to download and install the music patch, it's great, adds a whole new depth to the mod. It's easy to install and bug free. Contains some period music and (in my opinion) better battle music than vanilla RTW/BI.

I hope you enjoy the mod and feel free to post screenshots if you feel like it.

Help, I've Fallen and Can't Get Up!
07-29-2006, 09:23
Thanks Yggdrasill, thats one problem down. Ill go download the music pack tommarow.

My main menu still acts wierd though. Anyone know why?

JuliusCaesar
07-29-2006, 22:10
U two should download the JSGME. It allows u to switch between mods and vanilla RTW easily. Follow these instructions (from scriptorium):
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58201

dogblade27
08-22-2006, 00:28
hi guys, im having some trouble with this mod. I extracted the files to my RTW directory and then changed the target line on th RTWBI shortcut. when the game loads i see the intro moving but it crashes when it stars to load, and something about protection error. i have patch 1.6 installed but the only thing that might be a problem is i installed the patch after i extracted the Citadel files. i also tried installing JSGME and using that but the same error occured. i would appreciate help because this mod looks very good.

DochtorGajo
08-24-2006, 12:50
Not very sure about but I wasnt able to run menu screen in vanilla and it was very laggy as well and AFAIK reinstalling windows media player should solve it it at least solved for me.:juggle2:

paradamed
08-28-2006, 03:13
Played the mod. Very cool. The music gives a dense medieval atmosphere to the mod. The firearmed units work pretty good. The AI uses them well. I will be waiting anxiosly for the full mod. With campagin map or not I hope you release the other factions and some historical battles as well. You did a pretty good job.

raikitsune
08-30-2006, 16:09
Not very sure about but I wasnt able to run menu screen in vanilla and it was very laggy as well and AFAIK reinstalling windows media player should solve it it at least solved for me.:juggle2:

Hrmm my version just tabs out as soon as it gets to the menu screen fo rno apparent reason its still running but it never quite loads the full screen before tabbing me out. I'm urnning vanilla RTW 1.5 patch jsut with the citadel mod.

methoz
08-30-2006, 18:56
and next version?

raikitsune
08-30-2006, 19:39
and next version?

ah have i been silly is there a 1.6 patch :oops:

raikitsune
08-30-2006, 19:51
no wait 1.6 is BI rather than regular RTW ummm so still no joy here. :help:

Shark974
08-31-2006, 11:26
Hrmm my version just tabs out as soon as it gets to the menu screen fo rno apparent reason its still running but it never quite loads the full screen before tabbing me out. I'm urnning vanilla RTW 1.5 patch jsut with the citadel mod.

A known bug is on the main menu due to background movie (I have it on my desktop but not on my laptop, it is probably due to video card), when you click shortcut you see CA and Rome introduction movies, then our Citadel loading screen, before you see the main menu Rome crash and you see an icon on bottom bar. You can solve it in this way:
go to menu folder (ex: C:\Activision\Rome - Total War\Citadel\Data\menu)
change this file Dump0000.m1v with the same of Vanilla Rome (you can find here ex: C:\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\menu)

raikitsune
08-31-2006, 12:41
that worked thank you very much! excellent mod lads i do a bit of re-enacting from the war of the roses period and this caputres the feel and look of the battles very well. :2thumbsup:

killerxguy
09-21-2006, 14:13
Help! I open the mod and i get a ctd and an error saying "cannot load sound database".

Yggdrasill
09-21-2006, 16:15
can you give us a step-by-step procedure you followed? Maybe we can help you but you have to tell us first how you installed the mod.

Wladyslaw IV
10-14-2006, 15:13
I'd help with everything but I just know how to hack into the notepads and manually do things, a DDS file, PAK file...

Akeichi Mitsuhide
11-03-2006, 20:03
I LOVE this mod already even without the full release.

Everything works properly and the gunpowder units are used well by the AI.

1 question though and thats why is'nt there a Bombard Cannon for the Ottomans?.

Keep up the good work, Akeichi Mitsuhide.

Arciel
11-18-2006, 12:50
Hmm..this looks good. I downloaded this mod yesterday but still haven't played it due to time constraints. A question: does the first release already contain new music or do i have to download the music pack separately?

Shark974
11-18-2006, 17:49
Hmm..this looks good. I downloaded this mod yesterday but still haven't played it due to time constraints. A question: does the first release already contain new music or do i have to download the music pack separately?
You must download music pack.

Arciel
11-19-2006, 05:17
Cool then. I've played a few custom battles with all of the factions and everything looks great!

Arciel
11-19-2006, 05:22
Double Post- Sorry

Wladyslaw IV
01-29-2007, 13:25
n/m I see it now. Will play now!

Archaeopterix
07-27-2008, 19:48
... really a great job with this mode ... you must hold the line and go to the future ... if you need some art work , im offer to myself , im a sketcher ( draws and designs ) ... greetings and no surrender you .

i can play a lot with this MOD , and i want see more , =) ... "The Campaign" , why not ? :egypt:

Theif55
11-07-2008, 20:36
Originally Posted by GodsPetMonkey

Dont we we need to add some thing in the properties like show_err ??
:beam::beam::beam::sweatdrop::sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Srry if im wrong I just JOin today

GustavusAdolphus
03-02-2009, 04:37
So is this mod dead? That would be unfortunate.

Ibrahim
03-07-2009, 08:54
So is this mod dead? That would be unfortunate.

its more a zombie than dead. I have been trying to put all that stuff in a mod folder.

Darkvicer98
03-08-2009, 14:15
Even though it died ages ago, its still a pretty good mod. Just need a modders touch to the download and you can play it.

Jack Dionne
07-07-2010, 17:02
How is this mod for online custom battles?
Where is the link for download?

zhalasta
08-19-2012, 23:12
I downloaded this mod and it seemed to work but when I try do a custom battle, everything goes along fine until I click "start battle"... it just takes me back to the select factions screen, and then I can't get back to the customize armies screen.

I also tried doing a quick battle, but that just took me back to the main menu.

Does anyone know what is going on? I've got the mod running with BI 1.6...

zhalasta
08-20-2012, 02:09
Nevermind! Ive got it working, or at least the custom battles.

Great start to the mod! This is one of the time periods i'm most interested in, especially the Thirty Year's War. I can't wait to see where this mod will go in the future!

zhalasta
08-20-2012, 02:09
Nevermind! Ive got it working, or at least the custom battles.

Great start to the mod! This is one of the time periods i'm most interested in, especially the Thirty Year's War. I can't wait to see where this mod will go in the future!

zhalasta
08-20-2012, 02:12
Oops! Somehow my post was put up twice.

Matteo
12-01-2014, 16:58
I'd like to try this MOD, can someone tell me what is the latest version and how to install it?

BroskiDerpman
12-02-2014, 06:22
This mod has been long gone. For Rome Total War mods I'd check out this link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?214-Rome-Total-War-Hosted-Modifications

Matteo
12-02-2014, 20:16
I know that link, but I'm trying to make a list to try every RTW MODs, if it's playable, obviously. This one here is pretty old, I know, but I'd at least try if it's possible to play it. So, can you help me?