PDA

View Full Version : MTW2 E3 Trailer in HD quality

Husar
05-20-2006, 00:57
It may be the same video as the one on the .com(didn´t watch that), but it´s very good quality and you can see a lot of details here.
In my opinion it looks just great, I like high resolutions.:2thumbsup:

Well, here´s the link (http://www.gamershell.com/download_13923.shtml)

Alexander the Pretty Good
05-20-2006, 05:03
Sexy.

I shouldn't say that. It just encourages them. :book:

screwtype
05-20-2006, 06:08
97 megabytes? Not sure I can be bothered with the dl...

Can someone confirm whether or not it's just a high res version of the ones we've already seen?

Zenicetus
05-20-2006, 08:14
We saw part of this in the earlier videos, but there is much more in this high-res clip. There is a nice camera pan into the castle (which looks great!), with a shot of the portcullis being raised. It shows the attacking army approaching through a narrow gorge (Man, I hope that terrain is in the randomly generated battles!!!), and some kind of multi-barrel rocket artillery being fired.

It took about 4 minutes to download on broadband. It sure is impressive looking, but I don't know how much CA has fudged this with video editing or "illegal" camera angles. There is no way that you'd get these ground-level shots in the RTW camera engine.

Stuff is happening awfully fast. It looks great if this was a trailer for a CGI theatrical movie, very "Braveheart"-ish..... but I'm wondering how you'd give any tactical commands in realtime, to what I'm seeing here.

<edit> After watching it a few more times, I think it might just be the fast-paced editing they're using, and maybe not a problem with the game engine running too fast. I could cut together a clip from RTW that looked like this, and it wouldn't represent the actual pacing of the battles.

Peasant Phill
05-20-2006, 08:52
It's very bad quality when I watch it. The screen blurs every time the camera moves fast.
But I still got a glimpse of the movie and it has been released already but it was replaced with the shorter version that you all saw.

ShadesWolf
05-20-2006, 10:50
WOW :jawdrop:

That was amazing, I think I will need a new graphics card for this game to give it justice.
The video is one minutes 28 seconds.
And shows a turkish (Ottomans I guess) attack on a castle and the battle that took place. Very very very nice graphics. And in HD full screen - awesome.

Ibn Munqidh
05-20-2006, 11:54
AWSOME!!! Really good video, showing a full seige batte. Remember that 7-second video? That was only a small part of this 1min 27second video.

Really, you should download it, its worth it.

econ21
05-20-2006, 13:36
AWSOME!!! Really good video, showing a full seige batte. Remember that 7-second video? That was only a small part of this 1min 27second video.

Yes, this one was prematurely released on the side of a gaming website and so some of us saw it earlier in low quality. Then it was pulled so others never got to see it. Now we can all view it in its full glory.

doc_bean
05-20-2006, 16:48
Pretty ! Me want !!!

lars573
05-20-2006, 17:14
Good stuff. Shows the English, Turks, and Timurids. Also shows the much improved unit combat. Me like. Give me hope that the AI will be much improved too.

Ibn Munqidh
05-20-2006, 18:03
One thing I did not like though, the way swords pierce through steel plate armour, like a knife through butter....

Husar
05-20-2006, 19:19
One thing I did not like though, the way swords pierce through steel plate armour, like a knife through butter....
Well, it&#180;s the same like in many movies where people wear armour only to die from the hero&#180;s first strike.:inquisitive:

I think if they would implement something like different armour materials and physics, it would be unplayably slow except maybe if you had a physics card or such a thing(NVidia is working on SLI solutions where one graphicscard will act as a physicscard), well, anyway it will probably require a beast of a computer, or you&#180;d need to make different animations depending on the armour on the guy&#180;s opponent, the weapon he uses and so on. For now I&#180;d just be happy the animations look pretty nice...:2thumbsup:

screwtype
05-20-2006, 20:35
It took about 4 minutes to download on broadband. It sure is impressive looking, but I don't know how much CA has fudged this with video editing or "illegal" camera angles. There is no way that you'd get these ground-level shots in the RTW camera engine.

You can download 97 megabytes in 4 minutes??? Wow, that's some broadband you've got there!

I have broadband, but a 97 meg dl will probably take me 20-30 minutes I would guess. Obviously all broadbands weren't created equal ~:)

Edit: Make that 30 minutes. Oh well, it's still beats dial-up by a country mile ~;p

Ludens
05-21-2006, 13:31
Is it just me or is this video really choppy?

Edit: task manager says that WMP suddenly uses all available system resources when playing this video. What is going on?

Mount Suribachi
05-21-2006, 20:30
:stunned:

I think I need to change my underwear.......

Of course, it doesn't tell us how the AI is, and it doesn't show us the strategy map ~:( But kudos to CA for releasing such a hi-res video, it looks amazing

Ibn Munqidh
05-21-2006, 21:31
Is it just me or is this video really choppy?

Edit: task manager says that WMP suddenly uses all available system resources when playing this video. What is going on?

Something is messed up with your computer. Its exerting all processor power to play the video. Likely causes: a virus.

Zatoichi
05-22-2006, 08:24
I've watched this a few times now - very nice too.

However having been a bit sad and watched it at a slower speed so as to savour it that bit more, I have to say the Timurids are very ugly people! Or are they wearing masks? They look more like Orcs than Eastern steppe Mongol types to me (no offence intended to any Orcs, Timurids or Mongols reading this post).

Duke John
05-22-2006, 10:22
Yes, I noticed that too. They indeed look like mutated humans.

screwtype
05-22-2006, 13:09
Okay I watched it, it looks great! (although the movement of some soldiers looks a bit stiff at times - and those buildings are still crumbling much too easily).

But then, I remember how good the vids for RTW looked, and the game wasn't nearly as impressive. So we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

screwtype
05-22-2006, 13:11
Yes, I noticed that too. They indeed look like mutated humans.

I didn't think they looked too bad actually. I thought they looked like battle hardened warriors. But really, it's tough to judge from the few glimpses you get of them.

ivoignob
05-22-2006, 13:29
Haha, yes they look very strange. First I thought they're wearing masks but since you can see one of them with an expression in his face at the end (Uaagh, I'm dying!), this option is unlikely.

The changing facial expressions are very cool by the way.

Duke John
05-22-2006, 13:49
But really, it's tough to judge from the few glimpses you get of them.
A few screenshots then:

Look at his face. And the guy behind nicely shows how the soldiers are made out of parts. This one just seems to be missing his torso... :grin:
http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload1/mov1.jpg
Holy mother of God, who is this freak of nature!? :laugh4:
http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload1/mov2.jpg
Oh noes, they are multiplying!
http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload1/mov3.jpg

:2thumbsup:

Zatoichi
05-22-2006, 14:39
Yikes! That's them, officer! The buck toothed fellow is particularly scary. They might not look so odd if their flesh colour was more, well, flesh coloured. Early days I know, but ye gawds these fellows have taken a serious beating from the ugly stick.

Peasant Phill
05-22-2006, 15:43
There are a few proverbs in my native dialect that would fit these guys. Because of the difficulty with translating I'll narrow it down to two (don't mind the bad translation):

"They have faces to pave streetstones with."

or

"They have faces to walk behind the garbagetruck."

And for guys that speak dutch:

"Hij heeft een kop om knuppels op te roderen."

Ludens
05-22-2006, 18:50
Something is messed up with your computer. Its exerting all processor power to play the video. Likely causes: a virus.
The virus scan and anti-spyware software turned up blank, but I am going to be extra careful these days. Thanks for the warning.

cutepuppy
05-22-2006, 20:41
There are a few proverbs in my native dialect that would fit these guys. Because of the difficulty with translating I'll narrow it down to two (don't mind the bad translation):

"They have faces to pave streetstones with."

or

"They have faces to walk behind the garbagetruck."

And for guys that speak dutch:

"Hij heeft een kop om knuppels op te roderen."

you forgot another one:

"hij heeft een smoel om stront op te sorteren."

(I won't translate this one)

ZombieFriedNuts
05-22-2006, 23:54
:jawdrop: he he he he he ha ha ha ha ha ha
big cannon
finally downloaded it, me like,
question what are the things about 57 seconds into it they don’t seem to do much but they do look nice.

Alexander the Pretty Good
05-23-2006, 02:15
I thought the deal with that guys face (the second screenshot DJ posted) was that he was weaing some scary bronze mask or something - I hope that isn't his actual face. :help:

Peasant Phill
05-23-2006, 08:11
you forgot another one:

"hij heeft een smoel om stront op te sorteren."

(I won't translate this one)

How could I ever forget that one.:laugh4: