PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the campaign map?

Myrddraal
05-21-2006, 12:59
Any news on the campaign map :wink:

Seriously, have you got the new version working?

Revolting Friendship
05-21-2006, 14:25
I can't say for sure, but I suspect Kagemusha might be on it like a madman because I haven't seen him in quite some time. He tends to slip away into his own world when he works intensely. That, or he is on a business-trip or something, I really can't say.:laugh4:

Myrddraal
05-22-2006, 19:25
I think the only thing left to do was to re-position the starting armies, then it should load fine. I'd love to see it without the "land art" :smile:

Kagemusha
05-23-2006, 17:05
Myrd.Im sorry i have been away whole weekend becouse i got a pint thrown in to my head on friday night on local bar.I got four stiches near my left eye,one on the cheek and part of cheek glued where a piece of glass entered.Also as a side effect a terrible headache.So i have had little problems concentrating on anything.:wall:

BDH
05-23-2006, 22:01
I think the only thing left to do was to re-position the starting armies, then it should load fine. I'd love to see it without the "land art" :smile:

HEY! :furious3: if you got rid of them using downsizing i am going to have a fit! found a better replacement or fix, even better, it was ugly, but don't downsize!

:2thumbsup:

Revolting Friendship
05-23-2006, 23:47
Basically all that has happened is that the map has been rotated slightly, and the northern stretches of Honshû has been cropped out. In other words, no biggie.

I presume?

BDH
05-24-2006, 00:14
Basically all that has happened is that the map has been rotated slightly, and the northern stretches of Honshû has been cropped out. In other words, no biggie.

I presume?

It shouldn't be a problem, except rotating the map tends to screw with the resolution. If rotating it slightly did the trick, you were real lucky then. We must have been fairly close to the water limit.

Myrddraal
05-24-2006, 02:35
I was careful with the resolution BDH. For the gound types/climates etc, I limited the colours to a set pallet before rotation, thus avoiding all resolution problems.

With the heights, I rotated then sharpened.

The point is: the map was like a very flat V. By rotating it about 10 (I think it was 10, maybe 20) degrees to the left and cutting off the end of japan with the larger less important regions, you can delete a LOT of sea without deleting much land. Bye bye land art.

I don't know if the map is flawless, as the generals are now all out of position and causing errors on every load. So thats what Kage is doing now. We'll have to wait and see if the problem is solved.

Stuie
05-24-2006, 13:42
i have been away whole weekend becouse i got a pint thrown in to my head on friday night on local bar.I got four stiches near my left eye,one on the cheek and part of cheek glued where a piece of glass entered.Also as a side effect a terrible headache.So i have had little problems concentrating on anything.:wall:

Holy crap! What precipitated that?

Myrddraal
05-24-2006, 14:37
Myrd.Im sorry i have been away whole weekend becouse i got a pint thrown in to my head on friday night on local bar.I got four stiches near my left eye,one on the cheek and part of cheek glued where a piece of glass entered.Also as a side effect a terrible headache.So i have had little problems concentrating on anything.

No worries, no rush. Rest a while and get better.

BDH
05-24-2006, 21:03
I was careful with the resolution BDH. For the gound types/climates etc, I limited the colours to a set pallet before rotation, thus avoiding all resolution problems.

With the heights, I rotated then sharpened.

I took a look myself at the effect of rotation, 10 degrees doesn't do much, though it is less clean, but the sharpening should have taken there of that problem just fine.

Great thinking :2thumbsup:

Myrddraal
06-08-2006, 16:19
Any updates? The more the merrier...

Kagemusha
06-08-2006, 16:22
You know its working m8.~;) With a little strategy map model touching there should be a huge map prewiew coming shortly.:2thumbsup:

General_Sun
06-17-2006, 01:31
Go Kagemusha, you da man!