PDA

View Full Version : Individual fighting stances within one unit

Divinus Arma
05-23-2006, 14:29
CA has done an excellent job, imo, bringing us diversity of skins in this next TW game. Very nice CA. Well Done.

There is but one more obstacle to the final elimination of "clone armies". Captain Fishpants, Intrepid Sidekick, et al, please consider:

Individual fighting stances within one unit. Now, I understand that 100 different fighting stances woulod be absurd, but it would be a pleasure to see some diversity in fighting stances just as you have created diversity in skins.

Please observe:
The unit on the left, while beautiful, demonstrates my point perfectly. All soldiers have assumed an identical fighting stance, and have done so simultaneously.
https://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4581/mtw2143yx.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Diversity in fighting stances, whether the unit be idle, defending, charging, or otherwise, would take the game to the next level of stunning visual realism.

Please note that I consider gameplay and AI first and foremost, but am also attempting to look at the big picture, so to speak.

Thanks. :bow:

Geoffrey S
05-23-2006, 17:28
Or at least, have only the first (two?) ranks raise their weapon. No reason for troops further back to do so, and it looks slightly weird.

Sir Robin
05-23-2006, 17:39
I guess this would fall under the "one thing at a time" category.
Gone are the clone soldiers, perhaps for STW2 or RTW2 gone will be the "follow the leader" soldiers?
Perhaps this could also be under a "desynchronized animations?"

Zawath
05-23-2006, 21:41
It would require way too much processing power and would cause the requirements to jump even higher.

Divinus Arma
05-23-2006, 23:02
It would require way too much processing power and would cause the requirements to jump even higher.

I may sound arrogant, but I don't care about an increase in demand on the processor. I was barely able to run rome on medium sized units, and had trouble even with small unit size in big clashes.

If I want this game, I have to buy a new computer. I am willing to do so, and sine I am willing to do, I am also willing to make suggestions that cause an increase in demand on the processor.

Remember my friend, the game itself will already cause a strain on many comps. This is the curse/blessing of PC gaming.

Duke John
05-24-2006, 07:48
I doubt it. They just need to include a check to see in which rank the soldier is. If beyond a certain rank, depending on weapon type, then a running animation is shown that has the same speed as the charging one.

I guess CA doesn't do this because it would confuse some players as most of the charging unit appears as running. A simple icon on the unit card could fix that.