PDA

View Full Version : MTW/VI Gold Edition

Puzz3D
05-26-2006, 15:31
The MTW/VI Gold Edition is version v2.0, and the official v2.01 patch does not work with it. This is a major issue because the Gold Edition is all I see for sale now in the stores.

barocca
05-26-2006, 16:03
the official patch only works if MTW-VI is in the registry with specific values,

move your copy of MTW-VI and the official patch wont work with any version of the game,

you have gold??
who does??

because i am sure i know how to get around the problem
(i am certain i can get around the problem)
B.

Puzz3D
05-26-2006, 17:01
the official patch only works if MTW-VI is in the registry with specific values,

move your copy of MTW-VI and the official patch wont work with any version of the game,

you have gold??
who does??

because i am sure i know how to get around the problem
(i am certain i can get around the problem)
B.
The Gold Edition does install the game to a different directory. It puts it in
C:\Program Files\TheCreativeAssembly\MedievalTotalwarGoldEdition.
Can you get around the problem legally? If you can't STWmod is screwed.

I don't have the Gold Edition but LadyAn does, and she's been trying to get online to play STWmod and can't.

R'as al Ghul
05-26-2006, 19:54
Do I understand this right that you're saying that
MTW Gold is not compatible -MP wise- to Medieval VI?

If so that's clearly a major mistake on the distributors side?

~:confused:

CBR
05-26-2006, 20:00
2.0 has its own MP server. 2.01 fixed some bugs plus sends MP'ers back to the server that were already in use by MTW (1.1) players.

CBR

barocca
05-27-2006, 04:50
please forward this to Lady Ann PRONTO

go to the Mizu server
MTW folder
PAtches folder

and get THIS version of the patch
VI_201_Patch.zip

unzip and copy into folder

it's a direct patch, overwriting files
(i made it because i could NOT patch my local copy - i had to make a fresh install to get the darn thing to work, so i checked what files were changed by the patch - and whats in the zip is all that changed)

patch should work, game should work

FEEDBACK please
B.

Puzz3D
05-27-2006, 11:38
She already tried that. However, after patching the game askes you to put the VI CD in the drive. She doesn't have one because it's the Gold Edition which you don't have whether you bought the DVD version or the 3 CD version.

Tomisama
05-27-2006, 13:31
Is it possible that the “only” difference between the 2.0 Gold and the 2.1 VI is the server address (as mentioned)?

:juggle2:

barocca
05-27-2006, 13:47
oki

it wont work because the patch wont recognise the Gold edition as being a VI CD,

there are gameplay issues that 2.01 fixes, it is not compatible with 2.00

there is a workarond,
but we cannot publish the workaround on the forum.

if you read the forum rules you should be able to deduce WHY we cannot publish the workaround

the rest should be easy

B.

barocca
07-05-2006, 09:41
Medieval Gold Edition Patch Released : now available on www.totalwar.com under support/medieval!
:-)
B